PDA

View Full Version : Idle up ?

Pages : 1 [2]

sarmeneau
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
IU saved me the other day, my friend says watch out low flying geese, so i just went in to a hover about 20 foot off the ground, i guess they did not see the helicopter. all of the sudden i see the things coming right at me and they would have hit my helicopter if i had not dropped it in to negative pitch and descended down to 5 foot from the grould quickly...

right when they flew over top of it they finally noticed it cus one went left and one went right and they gained altitude. but not till they were directly over top of it...

you could have had Christmas dinner early.:lol:

dannylightning
04-07-2011, 09:32 AM
you could have had Christmas dinner early.:lol:

and my brand new radix blades busted too lol...

helidude71
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
That's fine but remember...if you have governor mode on with no "0 throttle" in any of the curves you can power up with TH off and the motor will not arm. So that's just as safe if not safer since you would have to accidently flip the TH switch both directions (On to arm and Off to spool up) to have an unintended spool up.

That's similar to what you have to do if you want to clear your CC logs without connecting it to a computer. You power up at 100% throttle (w/TH off or it won't see 100%) and wait a few seconds for 6 quick beeps. That clears the logs. Then you center your collective, flip TH on to arm the motor and flip it back off to spool up.

Absolute correct after thinking over it. :thumbup:
The TH switch on is a routine more needed for my 450 which I use with normal throttle curves.
This routine I do without thinking over it.

Clearing the logger I do sometimes before flight.
Then I really need to think about every step I make. :D