PDA

View Full Version : MA Pro II Four Stroke Flys Again

Vortexx
04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I finally got this rare heli finished off and flying this weekend after a few months waiting for parts and enough time to put it all together.

It's really surprising how quiet it is compared to my 2 stroke helis and after 5 mins flying it had only burnt 1/2 a tank of fuel so it's very economical.

There are a few things to look at this week, tappets and see why the governor isn't working and find what sounds like a dry bearing and then I hope to fly it again next weekend.

All up I am really pleased with the way it flys but the Pro II was a nice flying heli anyway.

Regards,

Lance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIH8MQlMzo

Brian James
04-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Looks really good!

bobbyra
04-10-2011, 04:31 PM
If only ma still made them i get one.Real nice.:clap

Vortexx
04-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Thanks Brian, It flys beautifully and I am going to take it to the heli meet at Coffs Harbor in May to show it off.

Don't be surprised if you start getting order for them!!!

Regards,

Lance

johnpotter82
04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Woah thats cool...:thumbup:

Vortexx
04-17-2011, 02:57 AM
I spent a bit of time on the FS last week and adjusted the tappets, replaced the tappet cover gasket and went looking for the noise I thought was a dry bearing but couldn't find anything and generally went over it again to see if there was anything which needed attention.

I took it out again this weekend and was pleasantly surprised what maintenance I did made a huge difference to the way the engine performed and I ended up leaning it another 6 clicks and now it is making some serious horsepower and running extremely smooth.

I got the governor working and decided it was time to flick it up into Idle Up and tip it over. I put it through most of the old F3C schedule and it handled everything amazing well and it was so good I burnt over a gallon of fuel in it this weekend. I'd have to say for a precision aerobatics heli this machine is truly amazing and does the biggest loops I have ever done!!

I will try and get some more video next weekend and post my progress with it.

Regards,

Lance