Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Matt Botos - What A Terrific Guy!

I saw him once before at the flying field but today I had an opportunity to talk with him a lot about heli's. What a phenomenally nice guy!

He allowed me to take videos of his flying - so I did, of course. He was flying his large electric machine (700 size?) and he also spent a little time flying another guy's N5 - always fun to watch Matt fly.

Wow - that's all I can say - wow!!! What a great opportunity to have so many great r/c heli guys at my flying field - they make me feel very welcome and encourage me and I've only met about six of them so far.

I already have my AMA number renewed (from 1978, I believe) and I will be joining the club in a couple weeks. Hopefully by then I'll have a machine that's airworthy.

They all seem to really like the "big birds" and I'm thinking maybe I should dust off my 600 size electric FBL and get it ready to fly instead of finishing my Mini Titan V2 450.

Just wanted to pass along the really great news - I am very, very lucky to be able to join such a really great group of r/c heli pilots - including Matt Botos of all people!

Do it safely, do it often, and enjoy it. AMA #20703

Phreak Out is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No question about it -> indeed he is a great guy. I had the chance to talk to him at a fun fly and he even helped me out with parts.

If you want to go for a nitro heli -> the N5 actually is a nice 600 size. Align TRex 600 is pretty much main stream but a bit aged by now.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree 200%
ClubCRASH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCRASH View Post
I agree 200%
300%
Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

matts a cool cat!
tony whiteside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice. Lucky to have such a good pilot, and guy, at your club!
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are many good pilots

There are a few good pilots who work in the hobby

There are even fewer good pilots who work in the hobby and are willing take their time to help those around them

Matt is one of the very few people in this hobby that has all of these qualities.
charles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
NERD

Yes he is. He knows this is a friendly oriented hobby for the enthusiast and his team is currently putting it down so well it is amazing to watch at fun fly's. Whether you fly Synergy or not, his team is rolling in like thunder this year, and it's impressive. The whole team he is working with keep with the same approachable nature he treats hobbyists with. Pandemonium, just watch and see, and you will have a close up view.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have never met Matt myself in person, however I know several that have. The consistent thing that comes back is that he is a real person and is real sincere in his dealings. The thing about Matt and people like Bert Kamerer is that they actually will support the brands they represent and tell the whole truth and make sure if there is a real problem it will in fact be addressed, that is keeping it real and is highly positive in action. That's a sucessfull way to run business and a good way to lead in example for certain. Keep up the good work and thanks for your involvement in the hobby and on the boards!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

He truly is one of the most approachable pros out there that I've met. He's always willing to give a hand to anyone and on any model. You can just tell he really loves this sport and enjoys his job to the fullest. He's an incredible pilot with an equally incredible attitude and I think those two things will really take him places and push Synergy forward in the sport.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in