PDA

View Full Version : Post your Belt CP pictures here !

Pages : 1 [2]

Tomstoy2
05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Pinguin! Always glad to hear from you my friend. Looks like the fleet has grown accordingly. What do you suppose will be next?

UPGl2AYDD
05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
What do you suppose will be next?

Cough 50 or 90 nitro, Cough...

Jonnyheli
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Cough 50 or 90 nitro, Cough...

What, those toys? Pfft, they only give out enough to power an rc hamster:face Now a 120 should do the job:P

Or, if you want serious power, I mean so much power that your heli will dissapear into a parralel universe in a crash. Then a crazy electric setup should be just the right thing. Logo Xxtreme, is one example:lol:

Jonny

pinguin
05-11-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm thinking of 550.
Try to avoid nitro. Even they are awesome and I like the sound of the engine, but I think they have problem than electric.

Jonnyheli
05-12-2011, 05:50 AM
There's no denying, electrics are cleaner, and these days much more powerful than nitro. Sometimes I regret not getting an electric 600, because I already knew electric. But just hearing my 600LE idling on the ground makes me glad I went with nitro:drool: Those nitro engines, powering the heli, are a work of art. The extra experience I'm having with nitro is great and I'm glad I'm not missing out on it.

Not saying don't get electric, I actually prefer electrics because, well, without going on, they are the future. But in my case, I'm glad I have a nitro in my fleet, I'm loving the nitro bird experience so far. Still a LOT of tunning to do though.

Next for me, one day, long in the future, a nice electric 90:peace

Jonny

UPGl2AYDD
05-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Both of you shut up your about to spawn a debate. LOL

Toshay on the 1.20 nitro Jonny.

Nitro's do not have more problems than electrics. With the variable of human-error, no matter what you choose, need it be nitro, electric, gasser, turbine or hamster-powered, if the pilot/builder/own does not know what he is doing, makes mistakes or cuts corners, he will have problems. Just clearing that up, because of nitro's were "problematic" then you would not see professional pilots like Bert, Boddy and Tareq to name a few flying ntiro's the vast majority of the time for fun and pretty much all the time in competitions.

Anyways, go to the 600. Don't waste your time on a 550. I see more people regret buying them because they cost A LOT to fix (more or the same as a 600 generally) and do not really offer any of the "next size up" advantages. It's more of a big 500 versus a smaller 600. Skip it. Of course anyone that's likes their 550 will argue, but who can argue the facts and what other people actually say.

I own three 600's, two Aeolus's and a Fusion 50. I'm not going bigger or smaller, period!

walterj
05-13-2011, 12:40 AM
WTF?!?! I thought this thread was about pics???? Where are the PICS?????

copterboy
05-13-2011, 01:25 AM
600 is a great sized heli, don't let the smaller size of a 550 fool you into thinking it will be cheaper to crash! E or N, you'll love a 600.

As Jonny said before, it comes down to how often you wish to fly. If you fly regularly, an e maybe better for you. If you don't have time to fly much (like me), then an N may suit you better.

We all know both sides of this debate so lets not go there again, and keep this thread for belt-cp pics :whip

UPGl2AYDD
05-13-2011, 02:30 AM
600 is a great sized heli, don't let the smaller size of a 550 fool you into thinking it will be cheaper to crash! E or N, you'll love a 600.

As Jonny said before, it comes down to how often you wish to fly. If you fly regularly, an e maybe better for you. If you don't have time to fly much (like me), then an N may suit you better.

We all know both sides of this debate so lets not go there again, and keep this thread for belt-cp pics :whip

Gasser is better than both. :whip **gets shit ball rolling**

Take Denis's advice more then anyone as he's crunched a lot of numbers and read a lot of material and thought about it more then anyone, 550 or 600. :P

jperkosk
05-13-2011, 02:53 AM
WTF?!?! I thought this thread was about pics???? Where are the PICS?????

Walter, easy. We are famous for having a slight difficulty with staying on topic here on Belt CP forum. In fact, we pretty much never do it.

Gasser is better than both. :whip **gets shit ball rolling**

Don't know about better, Mike, all depends for what purpose, power-to weight ratio sucks on them, for example, not that it would make any difference to me personally ;).

Have met a guy last Sunday at the local club's field (down here in Christchurch) with an old Bergen 800 2-stroke gasoline powered, doing some nice sports and mild 3D flying, called my attention because it was a large bird making 2-stroke noise, but no visible smoke :confused:.

He landed after about 15-20 minutes exhausted from flying, and when I came up I noticed the tank was still half full, when asked he said he was getting over 50 minutes of flight time from 600 ml fuel tank! :clappp

UPGl2AYDD
05-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Your not suppose to bite on my hook Jerry! :P LOL

But that is exactly why gassers are so incredible. Heavy as hell so don't expect to smack like Tareq, but damn they fly forever on fuel that's cheap as chips and requires nearly zero maintenance.

A Bergen 800 eh? Was it an Intrepid? Bergen's aren't the most sexiest models around but they're some very well build and designed birds.

.... Turbine is better than everything else. lol.

Jonnyheli
05-13-2011, 06:04 AM
There was a huge nitro vs gasser thread on the main section. It's title didn't suggest an n vs g debate, but as usual we went off topic anyway:lol:

Can't agree more with Jerry, it depends what you want. Much increased flight times and much cheaper cost per flight with a reduce in power to weight vs short flight times much more expensive flights but with increased performance. Most guys here probably couldn't outfly the Radikal 30 gasser, so why spend so much on a nitro for performance you don't use?

That said, some guys were saying that the gassers fly almost as good as a nitro. They pulled up some videos of gassers doing pretty good 3D, but no where near smackdown IMO.

My arguement was, why were model nitro engines invented, if a normal petrol engine could produce the same power to weight? It can't, that's why nitro engines exist; most mount of power possible in the lowest weight possible.

Why would everyone pay 10x more, per flight, on fuel for something that does the same as a gasser?

If gassers, all of a sudden, became as powerful as nitro, it would be good bye nitro.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say:lol:

Jonny

walterj
05-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Jerry, I understand that there is a real problem here of staying on topic. I was just trying to get it back on topic. I know good luck. I can try right??? Besides I cant read. I buy playboy for the pics(wink wink). Not really but I do love seeing pics of everybodys birds. Gives me ideas for my King.

UPGl2AYDD
05-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Wish I still had some of my Belt pictures. I'd post'em up.

Good thought Jonny, you should have said that in the thread. I remember reading it and adding my two cents that was just as Jerry's: depends on your flying style entirely and preference and if it's the biggest key rule, cost. 3D can smack down but not Tareq style. This reminds me of the thread just around the same time about if a Logo can smack or not. LMFAO Man there was some big fan boy hate rage there....

Jonnyheli
05-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Wish I still had some of my Belt pictures. I'd post'em up.

Good thought Jonny, you should have said that in the thread. I remember reading it and adding my two cents that was just as Jerry's: depends on your flying style entirely and preference and if it's the biggest key rule, cost. 3D can smack down but not Tareq style. This reminds me of the thread just around the same time about if a Logo can smack or not. LMFAO Man there was some big fan boy hate rage there....

I did say that in the thread. I think the poster who said it flew damn close to a nitro went silent:P Thing is, you don't even need video evidence, if a gasser was as near to a nitro, performance wise, everyone would be on gasser in a second.

I saw that Logo thread too, it was between a T700e and L600SE, someone said that the 700e will be better at smackdown, the Logo would do slightly more milder stuff.

Nothing wrong with that statement as we are talking about a 700 vs a stretched 600, which obviously won't have as much power. But then some Logo fan started accusing the guy of saying 'Logos' can't do 3D lol. People need to read the posts properly and not glance through a post and assume what they are saying.

As for Belt CP pictures:P I have a picture of mine somewhere, when I come across it, I will post it here. I can't take a picture of it now as it's next door being 'taken care of' by my neighbour lol.

Jonny

UPGl2AYDD
05-14-2011, 05:15 AM
700, 600, 500, 450, anything in-between that can smack hard and fly wide. You just lack flight speed as you go bigger, but gain visual ease. Comes to learning smack on any of them 700 hands down, unboggable, you can suck-ass at management and still pull stunts off. Something I think people argue or start arguments for fun...

So to begin the fun **punches Jonny in the arm**

Let's take a different approach. LOL

The Logo one was amusing as hell, but I'd have to admit, you really NEVER see a Logo doing smack like Bobby, or Bert, Henry or Tareq style(s) to name a few. Could say smack is born in America (as it is) and the Euro's look at it like a stupid American gimmic. But why do we see so many Mikado owners in the US not flying smack! Right now Bert holds the hardest Mikado smack I've seen. I wouldn't wanna smack a Mikado anyways, to expensive and pretty to screw up and ditch. LOL

Jonnyheli
05-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Logo's can do smack down 3D. They're just as capible, if not more, than most other brands. Plus they have one of the best FBL systems at the moment. Even Bert said that Logo 600 was the best FBL machine he has ever flown.

The thread with the T700e vs L600se was clear that the 700e would fly harder, it was built as a 700 machine so it had the power as stock. The Logo 600se is a 600 stretched to 693mm blades. That makes it an underpowered 700 size heli. However, use the correct gear ratio and you can still get very good performance out of it.

Jonny

UPGl2AYDD
05-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Indeed, that's the conclusion and facts.

jarbi
05-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Hi,

Just to join the queue here, I would like to show my CPX with some upgrades. KDS-800 HH gyro, KDS 40A ESC, Himodel 8A UBEC, Helimax main gear. I have shortened the training gear as well, now it give much less vibration at low headspeeds. This setup seems to be very stable and goes consistently without blade tracking. The ESC and UBEC are just a bit warm even after a 4 battery session. I don't dare to do more than eights/circles and hovering ( all directions ) so far, but on clearview I started inverted already :lol:.

cheers,
Janos