PDA

View Full Version : dx 7 expo ?

coolbreeze8
03-04-2007, 01:19 AM
there is a pos. an a neg. value on tx with a neg. # value i will tighten up the feel around center stick is this true

thanks Dewey

Jermo
03-04-2007, 08:31 AM
True, Expo is awesum. for our radios use positive Expo. I use 20% expo on the Aileron/Elevator channels set on the swash menu (if you have a ccpm bird otherwise set on the channels direct).

Jermo

coolbreeze8
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Jermo Im running a neg. -30 on expo. feels pretty good your videos were a big help
thanks Dewey

DavidH
03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Dewey,
Negative expo on your radio increases the sensitivity around center. Usually most pilots prefer a softer feeler around center and would prefer positive expo.

You might want to make it softer and it would be less touchy around center stick.

Note: A negative (-) Expo value will increase sensitivity around neutral, and a positive (+) Expo
value will decrease sensitivity around neutral. Normally a positive value is used to desensitize
control response around neutral.

David

coolbreeze8
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Davidh
seems odd but I was looking to thighting up the feel around center stick it seems like most tx. your in the pos. side of the value to thighten up the feel wasn't sure i read this right in the manual Jermo set me straight on expo. values this morning Maybe if igot the slop out of my swash i could go into the pos. side of expo. LOL
thanks
Dewey

Danal Estes
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Just for completness in this thread: JR (and Spektrum) are OPPOSITE of Futaba when it comes to expo! Positive expo softens the stick around center on JR and quickens the center on Futaba!!!

This has caused many a crash when pilots help each other set up. ALWAYS visually verify the surface movement, prior to flight, to see if you have what you want (perhaps even dial in an exagerated amount for a moment to more easily see the change, then set back to a realistic value for flight).