PDA

View Full Version : Creata CRASH!!! Pictures

Agibbs996
05-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, I crashed. The obvious replacements are the canopy, landing skid, and a plastic linkage. The main blades are scratched but I'll replace it was well as it will probably effect the tracking.

The Creata pretty much landed head first into the grown at a distance of about 10-12 feet. Is there something else I may need to replace due to a crash? This is my first Walkera.

After repairs, is there anything else beside the swash plate and blade pitch taht I'd need to readjust? Thanks.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/agibbs996/Motorcycles%20and%20cars/4-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/agibbs996/Motorcycles%20and%20cars/3-2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/agibbs996/Motorcycles%20and%20cars/2-2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/agibbs996/Motorcycles%20and%20cars/1-3.jpg

hilo69
05-03-2011, 10:13 PM
how is your servoes?the blades if not broken can be sanded doun n rebalanced n it will be fine! my blades have fiber stiking out but i sanded them doun n balanced them n they work fine!try up gradeing your skids to supper skids 400 or gorrilla skids they can bend all the way back n not break! good luck its not that bad i rebuilt my v400d02 3 times all ready happy flying!

ehirobo
05-04-2011, 01:30 AM
check the shafts (main, feathering, tail) too as they bend easily after crash. remove all blades and spin up the heli slowly to see if they are ok. Replace if necessary.

Agibbs996
05-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Thank you! I removed the main blades and spooled her up. Servos look good as do the tail rotors. I noticed the two tail struts are bent. I believe the Creata took a nose dive shattering the canopy and the majority of the impact was on the left landing skid which in turn bent the tail struts.

Blayd
05-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I second the shafts.... spol it up slowly and see if theres any wobble or vibration.. the feathering shaft and main are what your looking at, watch the head button, see if its wobbling.. its hard sometimes to see a bent shaft, but if it starts vibrating and shuttering, theres a goos chance one or both are bent. Check the grips as well.. when you put new blades on... check your tracking carefully, this can give you a heads up on whether or not your shafts may be bent. Do a whole set up after fixing it.

Agibbs996
05-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you. John Salt's ebook also recommends turning rear rotors while holding the main gear. It shouldn't move but if it does, the bearings may be striped. So far, the rear rotors and the feather shaft look okay - but I'm still cautiously optimistic since the tail struts are both bent - but the main shaft looks okay.

Blayd
05-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, you'll know soon enough. Yes, I forgot about the bearing. Sounds like your doing what you need to, check everything, then do a bench test to make sure the swervos and mechanicals are working....then spool it up. If somethings out of whack, you'll notice it for sure. Just be careful. Give yourself some room... micro cracks are really hard to see, and a spool up after a crash can scare the heck out of you if one of those cracks lets loose.

Agibbs996
05-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Well, I got the Creata back together again. Replacement parts was about $55.00. But, I noticed the Lipo took some of the impact. Would you say the Lipo needs to be replaced ASAP? I was hoping to use it to test the Creata tomorrow. I'll have replacements by Saturday.

Agibbs996
05-06-2011, 05:03 AM
And here it is. Kind of almost as good as new. :)

Gadflyii
05-06-2011, 05:32 AM
You need to remove the main shaft to check it, or watch the head button, if it moves or wobbles at all you need to replace it.

To check the featuring shaft, remove the blades and rotate the screw in the featuring shaft and watch the blade grips, if the move at all, you need to replace the shaft.

You also need to make sure the tail boom is not bent at all, remove it and roll it on flat surface.

Have fun!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Blayd
05-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah, thts not exactly a "taco" but it took a bad hit. I personally wouldnt use that battery. The rebuild looks good, good luck.. sadly to say, if you fly like me.. ( and i hope you dont..) you'll get very good at this.

Dave S
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Not that you need my 2 but I agree with Blayd about the battery - wouldn't use it lest you have to rebuild the Creata again too soon. I also hope you don't fly like me either, but I have to say I've come to have some measure of pride in my ability to repair... I figure at least I'm good at some part of this hobby :lol: ! Oh, I'll certainly keep working on becoming a competent pilot, but I've gotten good at repairing helis at a much faster rate than I've improved my piloting skills :rolling

Blayd
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I couldnt have said it better Dave..... I'm hoping someday, my flying skills will out do my repair skills...

Agibbs996
05-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Okay. I'm planning on using common sense and play it safe my not using that Lipo anymore. Also, my training gear is damaged so I need to get a new one. A few days ago, I would have just taken the chance.

I decided to take a picture of my Walkera while they're still in this condition.

Inverse
05-07-2011, 01:28 AM
If you are doing anything more than hovering a foot off the ground, I'd ditch the training gear.

Blayd
05-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll have to diagree here with ya Inverse... I keep a set on one of the 4 of my V400's at all times.. its the one I use to advance my skills with. and has saved my heli' Many, many times. You deffinitly dont want to be doing FFF with them, but for slow cicuits, some basic FF, and learning nose in,... theyre fine. Just have to pay attention to the windy days... they dont help in the windy conditions...but I have had no problems flying good decent speed circles and 8's with them on. They are especially good if your flying on terrain that isnt flat, like dirt or grass...keep the tail up. If your already trying to go FFF, then its time to ditch them for sure. The V400 I have them on spends its time in nose in landings, and hovering...very tight circuits, trying to hone my skills in tight manuvures...they wont bother you too much until your trying to move fast. But gear is always your opinion of how you think you can do. Either way, be careful.
Mike

Dave S
05-07-2011, 07:09 PM
It was 60something who said it best: "I keep the training gear on until the heli is happy"! And I've adopted his approach with success and a lot less repairs! I think how quickly one removes training gear is certainly a function of one's skill level, but mostly proportional to your tolerance for pain :lol:

Blayd
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I tolerate pain well... my wallet doesnt. Hence the gear.:face

hilo69
05-07-2011, 08:46 PM
i use training gear for every thing i do!it helpsa wen hovering,mines act like a spring,wen i fast forward flights ,figure 8's wen the heli is far up i use the training gear as to help with oriontation! i had bad crashes due to not noing wat the heli id doing cause its far from me ! so i painted the tail but still hard to tell whats it doing !so i aded the broken training gear to my bottom of my tail fin,n its very distingtive that the singel ball is the tail! it has solved all my problems!now just fly n try not to get to crazy !but you guys no things can get out of controll quik!HAHAHAHAHLOL hey spad you should try it !saw night flyer had helped him! and now it has helped me!happy flying!!

Blayd
05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Well, training gear is like the training wheels you had on your first bike.. you use them until you dont realize theyre there, then one day your Dad takes them off and your riding like they were still there. Until you run a curb and the bike throws you into the bushes and cracks your favorite light. Uh.. I mean....ya know.. until you have to put it down hard and you wished those suckers were still there. :thumbup:
Use your good judgement. You'll know when you dont need 'em. I have a 500 ready for its maiden very soon. You can bet it has its gear on.