PDA

View Full Version : Easiest FBL setup for X50?

Reever45
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok have my Beastx already ordering heli end of the week, what i want to know from those that may have done it which head is the most straight forward to use (pnp) RJX,Outrage,Compass,Align,or Tracx although it looks like its made by Compass.

kiwibob72
05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Why not just wait a few months and use an original TT X50 one, as from ramblings all over the forums, it looks and sounds like that option is on the way soon!

currera501
05-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Hello Reever45 my name is Mike. I just got finished with my TTX50 and with the fly bar. I like the way it flies. When I go flybarless I am going to go with the RJX head man that thing looks bada$$ .It is polished and it just looks easy to setup and all of that. But that js just me.

Reever45
05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Why not just wait a few months and use an original TT X50 one, as from ramblings all over the forums, it looks and sounds like that option is on the way soon!

Lol i guess what my wife says is true that i am impatient:lol:, and i don't have another gyro layin around although i guess i could use the microbeast as a the gyro. But nah i think i would just as soon use one of the heads available now,i was just looking for the one that took the least amount of mods or fiddling around with.

NitroAl
05-05-2011, 02:34 AM
I would remove the flybar and flybar control links, lock the seasaw in the head square with the main shaft, drill and tap the washout base to lock it on the mainshaft with two grub screws, use the standard links from swash to mixing arm on the locked seasaw and from the mixing arm to the grips and fly that with your beastX until the TT one is out!
Works a treat!

bshinn
05-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Put a REX600 head on my Titan SE, Not flown it yet, but couldn't be happier with build quality or looks.

It's a NICE piece of CNC machine work.

Reever45
05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys, but after careful consideration and not wanting to worry about what or whatnot would need to be modified i have a Fury 55 FBL headed my way so i guess im good to go.

Thanks again

bshinn
05-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the input guys, but after careful consideration and not wanting to worry about what or whatnot would need to be modified i have a Fury 55 FBL headed my way so i guess im good to go.

Thanks again

Kind'a feel vindicated! :arggg:

NitroAl
05-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Good choice of head! The Fury head is a work of art in TRUE cnc high grade alloy!
No cnc or very little in the TRex parts. Watch the swash driver links don't hit the swash at full cyclic, if they do use the 500 arms on the 600 links.

bshinn
05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Good choice of head! The Fury head is a work of art in TRUE cnc high grade alloy!
No cnc or very little in the TRex parts. Watch the swash driver links don't hit the swash at full cyclic, if they do use the 500 arms on the 600 links.

Are you saying the TREX head is cast or forged, because that shure looks like several chuncks of machined Alu to me.

Thanx for the tip for the arms, I'll check that closley when i set it up. I did notice the links don't fit the TT balls on the swash. The phasing arms fit fine, but the links to the blade grips are loose.