PDA

View Full Version : CC ICE 50/450 Pro Setup Questions

smaze17
05-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi all....so I have a CC ICE 80HV on my 700e and have all the settings for it via the Castle Creations website. Also, once all the settings are put into the ESC via Castle link you then put your throttle curves at 25 flat, 75 flat and 100 flat when using governor mode. Are there similar settings for the ICE 50 and 450 Pro?

I have an idea of what settings to program but what about setting the 3 different RPM's and throttle curve?

Thanks in advance

Spence

XYZVector
05-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Just like ice, you will have to set throttle at specific points like rpm 1 is 30%, rpm 2 is 60%, and rpm 3 is 90%. the governor is decent on ice lite 50, and i recomend the castle link with the castle splitter.

smaze17
05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Just like ice, you will have to set throttle at specific points like rpm 1 is 30%, rpm 2 is 60%, and rpm 3 is 90%. the governor is decent on ice lite 50, and i recomend the castle link with the castle splitter.

On the ICE 80HV, after inputing the settings via castle link the throttle curve is 25%, 75% and 100%. Guess I will do the same on the 50. The difference is that I know what RPM settings to put in to the 80 and don't know what RPM numbers for the 450 Pro and ICE 50???

S

Luvmyhelis
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
On the ICE 80HV, after inputing the settings via castle link the throttle curve is 25%, 75% and 100%. Guess I will do the same on the 50. The difference is that I know what RPM settings to put in to the 80 and don't know what RPM numbers for the 450 Pro and ICE 50???

S
You need to log onto the CC site and do a throttle calibration. Just watch the vid. Also finless Bob does a great job of doing a throttle calibration setup vid on the 80 also. The The Ice 50 sets up virtually identical.

smaze17
05-04-2011, 02:07 PM
You need to log onto the CC site and do a throttle calibration. Just watch the vid. Also finless Bob does a great job of doing a throttle calibration setup vid on the 80 also. The The Ice 50 sets up virtually identical.

Great thanks - will do the throttle calibration the same way ;)

I guess my only question is should I do the throttle curve the same way also? Which is 25 flat, 75 flat and 100 flat while in gov mode?

Luvmyhelis
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Pretty much! But really you can do it any way you please to your own flying preferences. Those are just general guidelines. The incredible thing about adjustable Esc's at this caliber is you can almost infinitely adjust them to your flying style. Hate to admit this, but I am so used to complete throttle control the presets drive me nuts! I just now hooked up the CC link and deprogrammed mine from gov mode. :face I know.

smaze17
05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Pretty much! But really you can do it any way you please to your own flying preferences. Those are just general guidelines. The incredible thing about adjustable Esc's at this caliber is you can almost infinitely adjust them to your flying style. Hate to admit this, but I am so used to complete throttle control the presets drive me nuts! I just now hooked up the CC link and deprogrammed mine from gov mode. :face I know.

LOL

Ya know - I've been flying fixed wing for 25 years and just now started flying helis.....I'll go ahead and be Captain Obvious and state that THIS is a WHOLE different "Beast" haha

These two CC ESC's are the first I've ever had. Usually I just plug the thing into my throttle channel, plug in the lipos and it just works. This whole programming thing is all new to me :lol:

S