PDA

View Full Version : Which Ice 50 firmware (and castle link software)?

scottward
05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Hi guys,

Ok, I decided to buy a CC Ice 50. Eventually. ;-)

Am I right to update to the latest version of Castle Creations Ice 50 firmware and Castle Link software, even though the latest version of each of these is beta?

Or would I be better of just chosing the latest *final* version of both the firmware/software?

There apear to be lots of changes made across the beta versions, I don't want to miss anything important?

Scott.

Lynbird
05-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Shortly after we got one we tried the newest firmware and it wouldn't work so had to go back to the previous. I think there is a thread here in the Castle section that talks about it not working for a lot of people unless they have fixed it. That was a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise we really like the esc and the data logging function. In order to really use the helicopter settings for it you need to program it through the USB cable to your computer. There was a coupon inside the package to get the USB adapter free but you needed to buy the cable.

scottward
05-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Cool, thanks.

I sent an email to Castle and they wrote back and said that version 3.30.3 is fine for the software, and version 3.26 for the firmware.

So there is a Castle section on here.......I didn't know that........

Lynbird
05-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Sorry Scott. I really thought I saw a category for Castle but I don't now. I must have been dreaming.

B335
05-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Nearly. There's a thread on HF which has threads about Castle:
http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

And a dedicated Castle forum on RCGroups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/castle-creations-168/

scottward
05-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Cool, I will check out those links.

Interesting, I learnt from a reply from Castle that the firmware is actually included in the software when you down load it, so you don't need an active Internet connection to update the firmware.

Scott.