PDA

View Full Version : Tail boom support cracked

Hendo67
05-07-2011, 01:05 AM
I finally have had the time and weather to maiden my 90N. From the get go I was getting a kick in the tail during hover. It was about 2-3" and stronger towards the clockwise rotation. After playing with gyro gains, and showing little to no improvement, I shut it down. During clean up I noticed that my boom support block was cracked in half across the top (through the screw hole, screw MIA). This was a used airframe (fender bean's old one), but I did a complete tear down/ rebuild. The support was not damaged prior to flying. Only 1 1/2 tanks through it and I really don't have a vibe problem. Anyone seen this with theirs?

thefrog
05-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, I have an 09 airframe (never flown) and I got it from the previous owner with the same part cracked in the same place. I ordered a replacement but didn't take the time to see if the design has changed (which I think it has).

I think you have to be careful of tightening it down too much. Not sure what others have found?

tribe3
05-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I bought one of those "2010 version. Thicker & beefier, this one won't break" thinking it was an upgrade for the Faifa... found out a month later going through the spare parts: https://www.readyheli.com/KSM10-T15-Kasama-Srimok-90-New-Tail-Boom-Support--Silver_p_36722.html

If you want it cheaper drop me a PM

hookmaker
05-08-2011, 05:28 AM
There´s also an alternative - for attaching a tail boom fin (horizontal) - quite a lot more material.

/henrik

HeliBenj
05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I cracked one but with a boom strike that cut the boom clean off :shock: so can't really blame the part. The boom strike was a result of a crash, not the cause.
No problem with the replacement whatsoever, looks identical to me

Hendo67
05-12-2011, 01:12 AM
I got the HD replacement from Tribe3 today. Great guy to deal with. Thanks Pablo!

I will now have the Shrimok up for the fun fly we have this weekend. I think I have the only Shrimok in the area, so I will have a few eyes on me. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good showning.