PDA

View Full Version : V-Stabi Calibration

jmiceli11
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I was looking at the V-Stabi website and I noticed there is a section that describes calibrating your V-Stabi.

It requires you to take the head off and suspend the heli inverted. Anyone using the V-Stabi do this?

I just can't picture how to do it.

John

Lorents
03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Hi,

I have not done that. Do you have a link to a page where this is described?

jmiceli11
03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Try this:
http://www.vstabi.de/download/HelpSet/Topics/Panels/ID_301.html

NTM
03-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Sounds like they want you to take the head block off and mount the heli in a vice, or something similar, by the rotor shaft.
I imagine you would level the rotor shaft then spin the heli around slowly in order to see how much interaction one gyro axis has with another and derive the correction value from that.
Might be of value for a certain heli manufacturer that mounts the tail gyro on a bit of an angle... :mrgreen:

MrMel
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Could be new for v 3.03?
I havent done that either.

Edit: yeah thats new for 3.03, (new tab in the program)

jmiceli11
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
MrMel,

Have you found the heli acts in a way that might need to do this calibration?

I used the same set-up as you for mounting the sensor. I haven't had the chance to really fly my Logo 14 with V-Stabi yet.

John

MrMel
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
About to check it tomorrow :)

Edit: should add that it flies extremly nice without it as well.

Lorents
03-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I think its a new feature in the new version. So is the electroninc cyclic ring and collective bouncer :)

I have had no issues with mine without the calibration, but both MrMel and I made sure that the gyro sencor is perpendicular to the main shaft.

loopzilla
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I have been flying mine with absolutely no issues, and my piros are level. You would only need to perform this calibration if your piros are not single (yaw) axis.

Way back when the discussions started about mounting the sensor perfectly level, we mentioned it was not absolutely necessary because you can calibrate the sensors to neutral. Sort of like using ATV & mechanical swashplate leveling to get a good climb out in normal and inverted flight. Only when you have a symptom do you need to adjust anything.

GGoodrum
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
What is new in version 3.03? I have the head and a V-Bar system that I'm going to be putting on my Logo 10 camera ship, but I haven't installed it yet.

-- Gary

Lorents
03-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Here is the list of new features from www.vstabi.de :

- Virtual Cyclic Ring
- Collective Bouncer
- Better handling of bank switching
- New servotype for tail (DS8700)
- Support for IC permitted tail sensor (not yet released)
- Enhancements in userinterface
- Noise Supression