PDA

View Full Version : alternative engine

kamsolik
05-15-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm waiting for my TDR for a long time. Soon, I hope, I will have it in my workshop.
I already have almost all the equipment. But I am still missing the engine. I was thinking of pyro 700-52, but it is not available in any store.
Therefore, I have a request for assistance in choosing another alternative engine.
And another question: whether the pinion is included in the helicopter kit, or do I need to buy it separately? what pinion do you recommend for high-speed flights without 3d

ZuvieleTeile
05-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm waiting for my TDR for a long time. Soon, I hope, I will have it in my workshop.
I already have almost all the equipment. But I am still missing the engine. I was thinking of pyro 700-52, but it is not available in any store.
Therefore, I have a request for assistance in choosing another alternative engine.
And another question: whether the pinion is included in the helicopter kit, or do I need to buy it separately? what pinion do you recommend for high-speed flights without 3d

There are some Scorpion or Xera motors, which move the TDR nicely through the air.
Also I heard, that the Align 700MX is affordable and has good power.

As for the pinion, there is one included in the kit. Not sure which one nowadays. 13 or 14.
The size of your pinion depends on the motor's Kv and what you would like to accomplish.

Lets say you go with a motor, which has 500 Kv.
The calculation would be as follows:

Nominal voltage for 12S = 44
Total gears = 160.65
Total gears divided by the pinion = gear ratio
Motor Kv times average voltage divided by the gear ratio = head speed.
Gear ratio for 14T = 1:11.48
Gear ratio for 15T = 1:10.71

With a 14T pinion you would have an average head speed of around 1900 Rpm
With a 15T pinion you would have an average head speed of 2050 RpM

The above calculation is contingent on a 500Kv motor and 100% power.

Once you made your decision in regards to the motor and its Kv, do the above calculation, determine your pinion and you can ask Jan for the proper pinion before he sends you your kit. And he will exchange it.

I, for my part, ordered a 13T, 14T and 15T pinion to try different motors and cover a range of goals.
(And play around with it:lol:)

Vinger
05-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Align 700MX 530KV works really well, same power and efficiency as the Pyro at half the price. It runs perfectly with a 14t pinion and governed at 1800rpm. Lots of power and mine has done more than 100 flights and still going strong.

There are other setups as well, search the forum and you will find a lot of solutions.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=257735

Stolla
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM
pm sent