PDA

View Full Version : Castle 80HV Explodes in Fire on the Bench!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

WBFAir
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
What would be very helpful in identifying the cause would be to identify the ‘mode’ that is affected. Example, if the fires are always at init, that says a lot about where the failure is happening. If it is always in flight at high power, that says something else. Is there any data on this? And, does this happen with no motor connections?Just to mention it extrapilot, this is precisely why I'm trying to get this going: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=2959443#post2959443 as even what your describing here would be a part of this and while I know MrMel has chimed in with some very valid points, it's at least something we could try.

Blackbird1
06-10-2011, 03:14 AM
I have ice75 in my trex500 with 500+ flights , i have ice80HV in my SDX50 8s with 300+ flights , i have ice80HV in my sdx90 streched 12s with 54 flights ,so no problem with cc, but my friends 110HV - ice 75 - ice100 -ice120HV all in flames the 3 first in 3-5 flights and the ice120 just when he connects the lipos,I am very confused about cc....

George.

Helicrazy2
06-10-2011, 06:10 AM
I do not know That I would trust castle now with all of the fires ,To Much money to lose and can not take a chance!

Santini
06-10-2011, 06:54 AM
OK, so I found a solution, happily.

M-Freaks: Santini Build

Ah Clem
06-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Santini,

That white tail boom looks great!

Back in the 1980's, you could buy heat shrink for tail booms to to that-that is the first time I have seen it since then and, as I said above, it looks great!

Helicrazy2
06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Fire down below !

Santini
06-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Santini,

That white tail boom looks great!

Back in the 1980's, you could buy heat shrink for tail booms to to that-that is the first time I have seen it since then and, as I said above, it looks great!

Thanks! Here you go, Clem. Monokote trim sheets (http://www.monokote.com/trim.html)(adhesive back), avail at many hobby shops, in pieces 5" x 36". Peel and stick. Great stuff and ideal if you plan to video. Here it is in yellow on Vadimr's Logo600 3D.

Vadim Standard Takeoff

PC12DRVR
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
My 120HV went up in flames yesterday 20 seconds into a flight, I autoed it back in and a friend kicked the ecs off the bird and saved the frames. I hope they fix it, but I do not want another 120HV.

BakedMopar
06-17-2011, 06:33 PM
I too come from the FE world and have followed along on some of your builds. I must say that I had a Schulze 40-160 go up in flames on plug in. There is also a bunch of the higher amp misled that has been biting the dust lately (Randy and Tyler has had a few of those misfortunes).

Let's face it every company has problems, some more than others. Yes I have had a few failures from CC most of them my fault. I didn't have to pay a dime to have them replaced (they even covered shipping). I cant say the same for my Schulze

Hello guys...

Going to give mine input...
I have a long journey in Rc Hobby ,specially in Rc Boats, wich is by far the hardest concerning speed controllerīs and motors.
I have seen a lot of boaters having huge motors=huge amp draws, normally, with chinese speed controller...They were almost condemned to insucess!
I have always had less boats then my other friends, but the best equipment i could afford, i got it inside!
NEU motors,Lehner, SCHULZE and YGE speed controllers!
I never had a problem with them...and iīm talking about 200, 250 AMP continuous amp draw....
Now ,that iīm in the heli scene, at 4 months ago, i have a scorpion 5025 motor, and a YGE 160HV speed controller......None issue, and everything works right..
YGE is the same quality as Kontronik, the employers and the engineers are most of them ex-kontronik, and 2/3rd of the price....I just say go with it....
I never had a problem of connecting the bullets and seing flames out of it....
I wonīt imagine driving mine heli, with the lack of trust of mine speed controller catching fire...this is of course mine humble opinion...
The difference between good and bad speed controllers is ,IMHO, Pro Active safety...if we can call it that...
Schulze speed controllers, have a safety starting routine wich analyzes all working factors..inductance, amp draw, even the capacitors..if the motor isnīt good..it wonīt work..if one of the 10 caps are broken ..it wonīt work...
the same applies to YGE...
When talking about chinese crap...what you put is what you have...safety margin= 0 !

:hug: