PDA

View Full Version : ely-q 90

400 flyer
05-27-2011, 07:28 PM
hi guys,
does anybody have one of these helis?? what do you think of it??

i dont need another heli but i have never had a 90 size bird and the way my helth is going i would like to get one and i like the look of this heli and the price is good just not sure if its worth it or not. thanks

helinewby
05-30-2011, 07:42 AM
i have to fbl 90's they are worth every penny IMO. They have some very nice thought put into the design of these choppers. When building make sure you go to the ely-q 90 biulding tips page. Couple of very minor issues. Go pick yourself up one your gonna love it. Put a YS 91 engine in it loads of power and it will run smoother.

thx C.B.

If you have any questions call me at 502 802 8690

helinewby
05-30-2011, 07:45 AM
i would personally go FBL with the beast x... The fb version is ok but when you crash it, there are to many small pieces to repair on the head design. If you keep the head simple its more fun unless you like to tinker alot...

thx C.B.

troubledpetey
05-30-2011, 10:56 AM
im just converting my flybarred to a fbl model, even as flybarred at 1950rpm its a true power house!! ive been giving mine a beating since jan?? i think, and it just keeps coming back for more!! i love it, am getting another one lol

400 flyer
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
hello, thanks for the info. it sounds like a good heli. i like the looks of the canopy and thats what turned me on to it. can somebody take some pics of it and post them?? i would like to see frame ,, tail,, head ,,, and how you mounted your electrics.
i see the heli does not come with a head how much and were can i get the fbl head for it??
also who has the best price for the 90?
thanks guys very much.

troubledpetey
05-30-2011, 07:04 PM
check afew threads down, there a build thread by chosen69, will show u just about everything u need to know, also check my thread or copy and paste my youtube link for a flight video

helinewby
05-31-2011, 12:17 PM
the fbl head is cheaper than the fb head...

thx C.B.