PDA

View Full Version : new X7 forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bjb714
07-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Gaui really needs to do an X3 (325mm) and X4 (425mm) so they would have some more affordable kits on the market as well.

The other thing is getting more parts distributors/retailers, I don't have any LHS that carries any parts in stock other than Align. I can find Gaui parts online OK, but sometimes I have search long and hard to find someplace that has what I need in stock.

If they canget those things done, I don't see any reason they can't go toe to toe with Align. I would also love to see some more American pro pilots pilots flying Gaui as I think that would help as well. ... Consider my application submitted!

I am checking HeliDirect everyday waiting for a pre-order on the X7 as well.

smaze17
07-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Any idea on when the X7 will actually be ready to ship?

I apologize if this has been asked previously (and I'm sure it has) how do they get away without utilizing washout base/arms on the head?

S

bjb714
07-17-2011, 04:48 PM
re: How do the get away with out using any wsh out arms?

From the looks of the pictures on the Empire Hobby thread they are using some guides on the rotor head that the swash to pitch links go through along with some really stout linkage rods.

re: When will the X7 start shipping?

We are hoping they will anounce a shipping date/pre-order date at IRCHA in August.

akamullen
07-18-2011, 03:29 AM

From the looks of the pictures on the Empire Hobby thread they are using some guides on the rotor head that the swash to pitch links go through along with some really stout linkage rods.

We are hoping they will anounce a shipping date/pre-order date at IRCHA in August.
Late august, Probably September. that's the buzz in the GAUI community anyways.

P.I.Engineer
07-18-2011, 05:32 PM
can you guys stop posting what you'd pay for something before it's offered. I feel like the X2 is more expensive than it could've been, people did the same thing in that forum.

smaze17
07-18-2011, 08:21 PM

Nice - thanks for the info. She really does look incredible. Might have to broadin my horizons and get onto the Gaui Bandwagon. Hopefully it will play nice with my 600 Pro and 700 V2 ;)

S

fusionsx00
07-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I have a feeling they might be for sale at ircha.

I saw flying hobby advertising the x7 already on here.

I wish I could go, but ill will have to settle for youtube uploads
hopefully there will be plenty to see there

fusionsx00
07-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Soory jrod, can't help myself.:)

But I doubt anything I say will change what it will cost, that is probably already set.

I mean if I said I would pay 2000$ I doubt that would hike prices up, its all supply and demand in the end, not one persons bankroll.

My 2 cents

bjb714
07-19-2011, 08:10 AM
If my opinion is determining the price, I would like to go on record as saying I will buy an X7 for $250.

jczankl
07-20-2011, 11:39 AM
No X7's for sale at IRCHA...

Sorry Guys.

We will have 2 maybe 3 for demo's and touchy feely time ;-)

Regards
Team Empire

fusionsx00
07-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Well im looking forward to seeing the videos.
I guess its best to wait, don't want to see it end up like the 7hv.
Besides every time new pics pop up it looks even better.

jhheli
07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
don't want to see it end up like the 7hv.

What do you mean by this?

P.I.Engineer
07-21-2011, 06:35 PM
7HV came with f3c blades, shorted out motors, missing canopy pins, something else that doesn't let the belt line up, other things

everybody is getting everything sorted out for free, but sucks to buy that thing, go to build/fly it and have all those problems. They were all beta testers.

never have the engineer do the test build of the production kits, have random people do it.

wolfdown
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
If i'm not mistaken, I think the problem with the 7HV was that the validation was only done on pre-production kits. The final kits were never really tested, and they went out with all the problems you mentioned.

fusionsx00
07-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Hey not all engineers are dumb,
well im not there yet, I don't have my degree yet.:)

From what I hear, I will be the only one at my job with
hands on experience with what I will be designing
:rotf

P.I.Engineer
07-22-2011, 08:55 AM
i'm a mechanical engineer, i spend so much time designing zoomed in on what i'm working on that i forget that someone else will be assembling what i'm designing. My assy dwg's are alway missing steps. If you have someone else build your engineering rev and get their feedback, your final product will be a lot better.

fusionsx00
07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
I work with welding engineers that never welded a part before
, they don't understand distortion or shrinkage.

If they can draw it, they think it can be manufactured,, its a Pita.

definitely looking forward to my internship at honeywell.
and the x7:)

OICU812
08-01-2011, 11:38 PM
No X7's for sale at IRCHA...

Sorry Guys.

We will have 2 maybe 3 for demo's and touchy feely time ;-)

Regards
Team Empire

JC will you guys have a booth there, what day and time will they be available to look at up close?

:D

jczankl
08-01-2011, 11:57 PM
They will be available for close ups all week long at IRCHA. Tues-Sat.

See you there.

The Team and I will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. So come by and check them out. We will be also doing demo's and seminars as well.

See you there!!!

Jack2010
08-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Pls do some hig quality pic with all the details and pls post it here :thumbup:

fusionsx00
08-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Demos?

Any chance of seeing any other x series helis there?

Like the x6, I have a 2nd x5 im going to convert to a 600 size 8s
but if the x6 is right around the corner I might get that
and have 2 x5s,x7, and a x6,

Man please tell gaui to ditch the 2 stage drive on the x4
I miss my 425 size heli, maybe shrink the x5 frame?

jczankl
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
The GAUI X6 will not be there.

Still a prototype.

Sorry

Empire Hobby/GAUI Tech

vintcs
08-09-2011, 10:52 PM
when will the X7 be release?

jczankl
08-09-2011, 11:12 PM
No release date is set.