PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Jayson Burke of Lafayette

Varc
05-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi there fellow freakers. I just want to give you heads up on a scam-artist by the name of Jayson Burke resident of Lafayette.
This SOB has ripped off about 30-some Transformers fans out of their collection.

One of my other hobbies other than RC helicopters was collecting vintage and reissued Transformers. I was contacted by this person around the 11th of May about a trade. He had a MISB original 1986 G1 Transformer that I was interested in and offered to trade it for about six of my high-priced figures. The deal sounded good, and I went for it. I was trying to sell off my collection anyway and wanted to get rid of some figures. But not this way.
I shipped him my figures and gave him the tracking number. Same day, he sent me a tracking number for the figure I was supposed to have received. Turns out, he made the same or similar promise to 30 other people and gave them the same exact tracking number! The tracking number said that the item had arrived the following Monday to some strange other location that was no where near any of our given addresses.
None of us received anything that we were promised from this SOB!
I am out of about $500-600 dollars worth of collectible figures. It's been an upsetting last couple of weeks.

If you are confronted by Jayson Burke of Lafayette for trades, DON'T DO IT! Us fellow Transformer victims are getting together to see what we can do about this bastard.

So please, beware of Jayson Burke of Lafayette. Don't do business with this SOB! :face:mad::mad::mad:

Bob O
05-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I could be wrong, but this forum is for reports of scammers, thieves, and rip-offs as they relate to heli retailers and/or HF members. Not scams in general.

Not to sound insensitive to your situation, but people are getting scammed everyday in situations not involving HF, not by HF members, and not by heli retailers. Those situations don't get posted here.

wolfdown
05-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Where is Lafayette anyway, Russia?

Varc
05-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Lafayette Indiana.

I am aware that this is for helicopter related items only. I just wanted to warn you folks incase this guy wants to make deals with RC helicopter owners. I doubt it'll happen, but I just wanted to warn you all.

Cailid
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Report him to his local police department and press charges.