PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove V120DQ02 Fuselage from Frame?

lovemyhelis
06-08-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm very new to all this and started with a v120dq02 which I think was a bad choice for beginners and have since also purchased a 4 channel v100d01 to start learning with.

For my V120DQ02 however, i believe there is a crack in my main motor gear from a crash and now if I spin the rotors with my finger, the main motor gear will not spin.

Does anyone know how to remove the rear fuselage for the V120DQ02 from the frame? I've unscrewed all exterior screws from the fuselage and can remove the front piece of the fuselage but have no idea how to remove the rear. It seems to be glued together. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!!!

Magooch
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
You have stripped the little gear coming off tail shaft. You may need to remove tail case to slide fuse off the back. I do not have one, is just a guess. How much of the heli is exposed with the front removed. Not sure you will get much info yet, is a new heli. If frame is same as v120d02 you need to remove landing gear, main gear and metal plate to replace stripped gear.

lovemyhelis
06-08-2011, 10:28 PM
You were spot on.

First had to unscrew everything from the tail piece then pop the gear off at the end of the tail boom. Also removed the pinion screw connected to the rear rudder servo control arm.

At this point you can pull out the tail piece to expose a small plastic piece that extends from the tail piece. After that you tug even harder to pull the entire tail piece off of the tail boom.

From there its just wiggling the fuselage off the back end of the frame.

Thanks again!!

cropduster69
10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi,

when you put the fuselage back on, do you remove the tail ball linkage (the wire that connects tail servo with tail gear) from the servo?

I tried to push back the body into the fuselage with the linkage still connected to the servo, but it seems like you have to twist the connector in order to push it into the guide for the linkage (in the fuselage).

Any advise?

Thanks,

Michael

cropduster69
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Guys,

I am having a hard time to connect the frame back to the fuselage with the small screws.

It is just damn hard to align the fuselage holes with the receiving holes in the frame, so that the screws actually tighten up the fuselage to the frame. I just can't see properly when the holes are matching...often enough I put in the screws and the corresponding hole sin the frame are way off.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Michael