PDA

View Full Version : Cal5 Muffler?

exnexusluver
03-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Has anyone tried a different pipe on the Cal5..?..For a stock muffler,its above average in my opinion,but wondering if anyone is getting more revs with an aftermarket pipe..Also a quick note..I just got back from the B-Ham show in Alabama..I had the only known Cal5 down there..We need to promote this heli..There is another topic in the works..lol

Laurens
03-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't feel the need for a new muffler yet.

Maxx26
03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I have a cy musle pipe II. In my opinon it just made it quiter and touchy on tunning but It does look better than the stock pipe. I now have the stock pipe back on it and dont realy see a big difference other than sound

kiwiflyer
03-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Getting good results with Funtech HN50R. Quieter, more power. Needs a spacer to give a little more tank clearance though.

Laurens
03-18-2007, 01:53 PM
If even a MP 2 is quieter I might need to save up for a new one soon.

exnexusluver
03-18-2007, 07:05 PM
I didnt think it was all that loud..lol...Ok..next question..Have any of you tried the 15 tooth counter gear..Im asking because I like to run a very high head speed..The added tooth would give a head speed increase over the stock gear..So far my cal5 is doing pretty well..When doing a caos,it does seem to bleed off a bit too much head speed for a 50..Im trying to get this baby dialed in and rock solid so hopefully flying it at fun flies will generate more people flying them..Im a former Raptor 50 and 60 flier and have to say,I love the Cal5...

blue_collar2
05-15-2007, 02:01 PM
In my experience, the Hatori JK pipe performs worse than the stock muffler. I get 3 min average more flight time and 1 degree more pitch with the stock muffler. However, when I shared these results in the engine / muffler group, all I could get was ridicule.

I'm runing the OS 50 hyper, 30% nitro, OS #8 plug.

Your mileage may vary.

I don't have any experience with different # of teeth on the main gear. My recollection is that the engine has max torque at 16,000 rpms, which would be 1600 rpms head speed...but the exhaust system may change that...

exnexusluver
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
My stock muffler and the 15 tooth gear are getting me a 2000 rpm head speed.Right where I like it..The cali flies hard and great with this set up..

shesha
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Change out to 15 counter gear get your head to 2000rpm and wait till the fat lady sings, awesome power, save the pipe, i have the MPII, the stock muffler is a very as it is.

Invest in radix blades and greed paddles on this bird and watch her fly.