PDA

View Full Version : preorder on their avant

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alnimal
03-18-2007, 12:36 PM
The new buzz is that people are canceling their preorders on the avant. I really dont what to get stuck with a sub standard heli. Do you guys think its time to start looking at something else? lets hear what you think.

toms
03-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I canceled the 2 Aurora's I had on preorder.Getting tired of all the BS carbo extreme is putting out so far 2 delivery dates still no machines it has been 7 months since the original date.I hear the machine has alot of problems mechanical and radio issues locking out and crashing.The other thing is on up to date info on what is really going on.All posts put up on the forum's with negative info on th machine are being deleted and I think this is very unfair to us.

Alnimal
03-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes I did see a similar post on rr and it was closed to any replies.Could the Folks at Carbo Extreme be getting upset at our less than positive views on this subject.I mean how long can you lie about release dates and cover up obvious quality issues. I new I should have listened to the guys at the field and get a synergy.

dogg5306
03-18-2007, 01:46 PM
The thing is that none of you knows what you're talking about as you haven't touch an Aurora yet... so getting small talks louder is pure non-sense :!: ...

That said... I do agree with the fact that some including me are starting to get tired of all that...

Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry I've got a very nice bird... and I'll get an Aurora for sure :wink:

Alnimal
03-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Touching them and hearing that they are crashing left and right at events flown by sponsered pilots is an other. And I may not knows what Im talking about But i knows what i'm hearing and I dont likes it.Carbo Extreme Has been handling their issues in a less than professional manner, And I think this is more than a good reason to be concerned.

dogg5306
03-18-2007, 02:46 PM
less than professional manner

:roll: Maybe they shouldn't say anything until something can be put on shops' displays...
Wait... isn't it what they're doing... :idea:

Alnimal
03-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I think a lot of folks are impressed with all the sparklie parts on the aurora.But I'd like to see how carbo extreme wiggles his way out of the mess he has got himself into lately.I mean these machines are getting hit on2.4.How could he not say anything about that

toms
03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
He did say something about them getting locked out on 2.4 he blamed it on something else like he always does.When they started taking preorders they said 2-6 weeks I here mid JUNE is the next guess.I will be waiting for the align 90 this machine will be better half the price and will acutually come out when they say.He won't be able to wiggle his way out this time

bparro
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Who says they are getting hit on 2.4 gig?

toms
03-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I know of a few peolple that were at a recent fun fly and they all said they were all falling out of the sky due to radio lockouts with 2.4 systems and 72mhz systems.They also witnessed alot of other issues.These people are freinds of mine so no BS stories.

dogg5306
03-18-2007, 07:06 PM
So no need to harass Augusto then!

medflight
03-18-2007, 11:49 PM
dog5306

crash-
03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
I am one of the lucky one that did not preorder.
I was not going to fund CX to get a heli that should have
delivered 7 month ago.
Venture capital technique.
Calling the CC company to get preorder back is easy.
no goods were delivered.
That leaves the lhs between a rock and a hard spot when funds are
returned.
This could add up quick, 100 kits and no quick sales.
Close to $100.000.00 ouch. :arggg:
Time will tell how the mop flops
I glad I am not in it

jody
03-19-2007, 04:46 AM
Lets put our rattles back in our cots and get on with life!

Hear is a quote taken from the other forum that gives an update to the people that still want to own one of these machines.

P.S. can you substantiate lockouts on 2.4G as i have only read of 72MHZ issues at that fun fly!

"Some of us have the hobby of flying helicopters and for others their hobby is the online drama.

Rumors are nonsense so I don't waste time on those. The only thing I care about is for the heli to be as solid as it can be before it's released.

I just came back from BHAM where we had a great time. The team brought eight Auroras.
They were all flown and there were ABSOLUTELY ZERO failures.
Not one heli failed for any reason whatsoever period. No matter how many caps are used in a post trying to twist that fact it doesn't make that post true.

The two crashes one from Danny and one from Henry Caldwell where dumbthumbs from getting too excited while flying in the ditch and it's all very clear on the videos that will be posted later. They repaired their helis and flew them again that day.

If they fly hard and dumbthumb it is of no consequance to you, If we supply them with in unlimited supply of parts so they can test it to death is also of no consequence to you. At the end of the day the only important thing is that the one you get is solid and nothing else matters.

As far as pre-orders you can't be serious to believe that Heliproz, which is the largest selling RC Helicopter store on the planet, would risk their reputation by keeping a pre-order deposit if a problem arised. They sell on one Monday more than the all the pre-orders put together.

Regarding the pre-orders Heliproz doesn't force anyone to place pre-orders. If they chose to make it non-refundable or money orders to avoid tire-kickers it is their prerogative and neither me or anyone can tell them how to run their business. I am not a fan of pre-orders myself and I prevented US dealers from taking pre-orders until we were comfortable that the release was close enough to give them enough time to ascertain the market.

Heliproz ran out of pre-orders, MTA also ran out and from what I understand from last week RC-Direct.com either ran out or is close to running out. Fortunately for those who pre-ordered they secured a kit. Heliproz contacted us last week to increase the size of their order so they could cope with the additional demand but unfortunately all the production is spoken for in orders so we couldn't assign them any more kits. Unfortunately new orders will have to wait until we make a second production batch. For those who didn't get into the first batch they have a list of people that they will call once they get the heads up of a second batch.

Like people that have Avant FX and EFX have said before if there is one thing that's well known from Avant owners is how that machine can be abused in the air. In the same way we want the Aurora to have the same reliability. No matter how much drama there is online I will not release a heli until me and my whole team is happy and comfortable with the heli. Orders for parts that were re-designed were placed and as any other parts there is a certain lead time for them so we have to wait for them.

I rather have all this online drama than threads complaining about me having fallen prey to pressure and releasing a heli with parts that we knew needed adjustments or modifications to make them more reliable.

Like posted above the same drama happened when we released the FX and after the release people realized they had gotten a superb heli tested to death before release.

Regarding the release we are pretty close to it and as I expressed above we wouldn't have finally allowed the US dealers to accept pre-order if we didn't know we were close to release. As I expressed in a previous post I will not give dates but I'm pretty much relaxed nowadays waiting for a few things to be finished before we can release.

Augusto.

Avant Aurora Ultimate"

Alnimal
03-19-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm gonna believe carbo extreme, I mean they have NEVER lied to us before.Oh wait, never mind.

Wa11banger
03-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I feel for those who think this way... I have no affiliations with Augusto, only met him briefly 2 years ago in Las Vegas. I went up and talked to his pilots while they were rebuilding they told me the ins and outs the bird, showcased some of the excellent ideas in the frames and stuff.. Because of Augusto's testing you are going to see alot more copy cats on very ingenious ideas for helicopters.. I don't have one on preorder either so Im not speaking to save my own face. I am however speaking from what I saw, held, and was told while standing right there. The cool part is I went up to Augusto and congratulated him on a fine bird and he didnt pressure one bit just said thanks like a normal human being.. Doesn't sound at all like someone trying to spin stories or fill his prospective buyers full of BS..

Just my .02
Rick

WillJames
03-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I was there at B-Ham and I am a close friend of Henry Caldwell. The Aurora's were LAYING IT DOWN. As was posted above that you quote, there were no failures other than thumbs, I was right there and saw it all, and I am definitely known to be BRUTALLY HONEST, ask anyone who knows me. There were NO failures and also no 2.4G issues.

Personally, I would rather have the heli right before I buy one. I am very impressed with the Aurora, it is definitely the best looking pod and boom I have ever seen. You can trash CX and Augusto all you want, but there are MANY people like myself who would rather wait and get a product with the bugs worked out, and who appreciate the simple fact that Augusto is offering an alternative heli for the masses.

I will be adding my name to the list of people purchasing as soon as there is an electric Aurora offered from Avant R/C. I hear it is possible that an electric Aurora is to be released at some point and you can rest assured that I will own one. When the photos first were released, my wife said "That is gorgeous, I want one!" This is the first time she ever had an interest in a heli, and I was happy happy happy!!

Developing and producing an all new heli is a HUGE task. Augusto is trying his best to get it right BEFORE release. I saw first hand how he is talking and working with the Szabos, HC, and others to finalize development at the Excellent B-Ham Event.

If you don't want an Aurora, then don't buy one. All this crap about delivery dates and stuff is nonsense. Go fly your helis guys and have fun. If you want an Aurora you have to wait. If you don't then fly something else and move on. Thank you.

RobRoy
03-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I too saw these machines fly in Bham, not only did these models look great, they seemed to fly fantastic. Even stood up to Henry Caldwell's, what I can only describe as angry flying style. I also agree with the above, that I would rather wait to get a quality product rather than become a beta tester to find faults. As far as I can tell, the only error in judgment by CX or Augusto, was to put out a release date, if they did. Otherwise, they appear to have a beautiful, quality helicopter that will do nothing but benefit the hobby.

ledfoot
03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
It truly amazes me that people have so much time to spend complaining. I remember reading the same types of complaints when the JR Vibe was being developed and that machine took years to finally come to market. The same thing happend to the Synergy which also took a few years to finally become available to the consumer. They all had issues initially during their early release which were identified by the many test pilots and the manufacturers addressed most of these issues before bringing them to market.

The Aurora is no different from these other machines in the sense that it takes time to test and identify issues to ensure that the product is solid before it comes to market. I'm sure there would be many more complaints if the kit was realeased early to satisfy consumer demand only then to find out that there were problems. The Aurora has evolved since the first debut flight at IRCHA and the machines that were flown at BHam this past weekend are prettly much production ready and are VERY SOLID. My machines fly great and I am extremely happy with the performance and quality of the product. Augusto has taken our feedback and corrected any issues that the team has discovered. As he states, he is waiting on a few things to be finished before it will be ready for market.

So stop complaining and find something productive to do until the machine is ready :). I am sure that Augusto wants to sell many Aurora kits and would not intentionally hold up the release of the kit without good reason.

We need to give these manufacturers more support and stop bashing them because they miss dates. Dates are missed all the time in business because there are always many variables that are outside of their control. If they were not making helicopters, we would have nothing to fly. Like the Vibe and Synergy, the Aurora will arrive and will dominate the market for years to come.

....Mike

crash-
03-19-2007, 11:45 AM
All posts put up on the forum's with negative info on th machine are being deleted

This is true.
This is one of the things that turn me away from CX
and you can't say it did not happen.
It should have been address not covered up.
There a lot of good heli out there
In my life time I wll never out fly them or never will
and never said I could, but I buy a heli from a company I can trust.
Synergy was delivered on date promissed.
CX broght one heli not even ready to fly on promiss date.
I did not put this pre order in because of last missed date.
I am not bashing CX that what happen.
I was at a fun fly when JK and AS both were there both heli were there.
I told JK I was buying the Aurora.
Well that not going to happen, I may be wrong in my jugement.
All we have is paid pilots pushing the heli and saying how good it is.
They are crashing right and left dumb thumbs or not.
It does not look good.
Trust has to be earned not expected.
How many other people feel the same way I do?
Maybe this is why preorders are being stoped.
How many other people are going to let this heli
be out for two are more years before they buy it?
Your back to trust again earn it
IMHO

dogg5306
03-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Blah... blah... for nothing... you'll ultimately get one :twisted:

DebianDog
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
All posts put up on the forum's with negative info on th machine are being deleted

This is true.

:bs We do not delete threads/posts here. Maybe on the otheRR sites but not here... sorry.

toms
03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
If Carbo Extreme stamped AURORA on a piece of crap half of you would be online begging for the first piece.

Alnimal
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm a Carbohidrate Extreme lemming. I'll take 2 when is the dodo date? :lolol

DebianDog
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
If Carbo Extreme stamped AURORA on a piece of crap half of you would be online begging for the first piece.

Consider this your first warning.