PDA

View Full Version : 9503 Gyro Sens adjustment???

Heli Dad
06-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I have moved up from a D6Xi to a JR9503 and I'm confused :confused: on the setting of the Gyro Sens. Should it be set in Rudd D/R or Auto. I don't understand the difference between the two. I'm having trouble getting the tail to settle down.
Thanks in Advance

9sec240
06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Auto allows you to assign different gain settings to your flight mode switch. As you change flight modes, your gyro gain will also switch. If you run different head speeds in F1 and F2, this is a good way to have a solid tail at both speeds.

I usually just adjust gain using gear end points in the travel adjust menu.

jdqsGua
07-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I am having that problem too, but I still dont get it, how do you change between rate and heading hold mode?

But you are saying that if i have +65% and -65% then I have 65% on my gyro gain or what, I would like to use my gyro sens function because you can select different gyro gains in the rudder dual rate switch. Can you help use please because the dx6i was kind of the same like the gyro sens function.

moparherb
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I just got my 9503 today and I'm having the same issue with the gyro gain. I guess using travel adjust on the gear channel is the easiest way o do it. I do not understand the plus and minus thing but if I put the numbers from my DX8 in the fields my birds fly great. This is such a super radio I wish the gyro gain settings were as simple as the DX8.

jdqsGua
07-09-2011, 11:20 PM
yes, the dx8 rocks, but hey dont give up, I already learned to do it, so first you go to travel adjust, then the gear switch located in the left corner should be in the position + or back, and you plug in the number of the gain you want, then you pull the gear switch and you have the position - which you plug in the other gyro gain. So you have two different gains that you can change in flight, and if you choose between rate and heading hold mode just like spektrum dx6i or other radios, 1-50 rate and 50-100 heading hold.

hope this helps