PDA

View Full Version : Here is my mcpx brushless conversion with pics ,still video and flight video

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

ValHeli
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Don, will this pinion work?

http://www.shop.slotcar1.com/images/1201314268202-1333697363.jpeg

GT-1 7 tooth 72 pitch pinion 1.5 mm

RedOctobyr
08-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Per the chart found here, no:

http://www.engineersedge.com/gear_pitch_chart.htm

Gears measured in "mod" or modulus are metric. Gears measured in pitch are english.

A 0.3 mod gear would equate to 84.6 pitch. So that 72 pitch (0.35 mod) gear would not mesh properly.

ValHeli
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Per the chart found here, no:

http://www.engineersedge.com/gear_pitch_chart.htm

Gears measured in "mod" or modulus are metric. Gears measured in pitch are english.

A 0.3 mod gear would equate to 84.6 pitch. So that 72 pitch (0.35 mod) gear would not mesh properly.

darn it, I just ordered some. Anyone know where I could order some stateside?

tntburnett
08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
darn it, I just ordered some. Anyone know where I could order some stateside?

U can order some pinions from here
http://www.radicalrc.com/search/GW/GM09T3

Sent from my DROIDX

ValHeli
08-10-2011, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=tntburnett;3151377]U can order some pinions from here

Do they make 7T pinions? I didn't see any in their website.

Btw, I'm starting on my 2nd BL conversion and this time I'm getting the HP05 motor and XP7A esc, wowhobbies edition Steve converter. Now, on the esc red/blk/wht bundle (sorry i don't know what it's called) - do I have to connect the red/blk to steve red/blk or can I do it the "TNT way" and not use the red/blk wires? What happens if I do or don't connect them?

Also, do I have to program the XP7A or is it plug and pray? Finally, where can I get 7T pinions? I'm thinking about ordering from Mikroantriebe but I don't know what to choose for "gear width" and "material". I'm also not sure if they can deliver stateside.

Thanks in advance for your help guys:noteworthy

tntburnett
08-10-2011, 01:56 PM
[QUOTE=tntburnett;3151377]U can order some pinions from here

Do they make 7T pinions? I didn't see any in their website.

Btw, I'm starting on my 2nd BL conversion and this time I'm getting the HP05 motor and XP7A esc, wowhobbies edition Steve converter. Now, on the esc red/blk/wht bundle (sorry i don't know what it's called) - do I have to connect the red/blk to steve red/blk or can I do it the "TNT way" and not use the red/blk wires? What happens if I do or don't connect them?

Also, do I have to program the XP7A or is it plug and pray? Finally, where can I get 7T pinions? I'm thinking about ordering from Mikroantriebe but I don't know what to choose for "gear width" and "material". I'm also not sure if they can deliver stateside.

Here u go

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=325920

Sent from my DROIDX

ValHeli
08-10-2011, 02:10 PM
[quote=ValHeli;3153268]

Here u go

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=325920

Sent from my DROIDX

Thanks TNT, I have already done a conversion using the Helimax esc / motor combo. What I'm wondering about is If I can do the same wire connection for the HP05 motor / XP7A conversion and what would happen if I do or don't connect the red/blk wires from the steve to the esc.

I also googled everywhere and could not find those darn 7T pinions

tntburnett
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM
[quote=tntburnett;3153333]

Thanks TNT, I have already done a conversion using the Helimax esc / motor combo. What I'm wondering about is If I can do the same wire connection for the HP05 motor / XP7A conversion and what would happen if I do or don't connect the red/blk wires from the steve to the esc.

I imagine u can I don't see why not. But I can't.really say.
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX

Schoey
08-10-2011, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=tntburnett;3151377]I'm thinking about ordering from Mikroantriebe but I don't know what to choose for "gear width" and "material". I'm also not sure if they can deliver stateside.

This is the only bit I can help you with as I've just been through it, you want BRASS and 3mm WIDTH is the general consensus here as far as I can tell

brianp6621
08-10-2011, 09:03 PM
[quote=tntburnett;3153333]

I think I'm correct in saying the red/blue wires from the steve are just the power wires for the steve. So they either need to go to the 3in1 board mains (red/red & blue/black) or go to the same colors on the ESC (but the small ESC wires) I guess they COULD also go to the main power connections on the ESC as well since I believe the small red/black wires are a power tap to go to a receiver. I've never seen anyone do it that way.

So as long as you power thesteve from SOMEWHERE, you don't need to make a connection to the small red/black wires on the ESC.

RedOctobyr
08-11-2011, 05:38 AM
I emailed Wowhobbies, about their BL conversion package. This is what they came back with:

"The 4.5g motors have been shipped for China by air. We should receive them sometime next week, estimated cost is below $20. About the converter, it comes with a detail diagram on how everything connects. We should have everything ready next week for the entire BL conversion kit."

Just wanted to share, in case this helps someone trying to decide whether to buy parts or wait for a kit.

tntburnett
08-11-2011, 07:24 AM
I emailed Wowhobbies, about their BL conversion package. This is what they came back with:

"The 4.5g motors have been shipped for China by air. We should receive them sometime next week, estimated cost is below $20. About the converter, it comes with a detail diagram on how everything connects. We should have everything ready next week for the entire BL conversion kit."

Just wanted to share, in case this helps someone trying to decide whether to buy parts or wait for a kit.

Kool becuz I am thinking about building another BL mcpx :-).
Have a blessed week.
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX

questerng
08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
now this is what I need all in one place and one price and one shipping cost..

will email wowhobbies about this package

thanks
RedOctobyr

Darryl Fujihara
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Here is my BL MCP using Wow's kit and the 120SR tail mod. This heli is a monster!!! Now the tail will not blow out no matter what I do. Pretty cool.

RedOctobyr
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Here is my BL MCP using Wow's kit and the 120SR tail mod. This heli is a monster!!! Now the tail will not blow out no matter what I do. Pretty cool.

Cool! What motor, pinion size, ESC, etc, is their kit using?

Brick
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM

awesome...hope i get a kit before they get gone :lol:

whaleboy
08-12-2011, 12:17 AM

Any details on exactly what the 'kit' includes? Will it have a motor and appropriate pinion without having to grind down the shaft or drill the pinion (or no pinion necessitating me trying to find one somewhere else)?

I've been considering doing this, but sounds like a pain with having to mod a motor and try to track down a proper pinion. If I can get it all in one place and not have to do anything other than solder, I'll definitely jump on that...

thanks

-David

RedOctobyr
08-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Sorry, I don't know, what you saw is what I got :)

If I were to guess, reading between the lines makes me think it will include a pinion, and the different components you'll need. Talking about "entire BL conversion kit" would imply they're looking to provide a complete set of parts. Selling a motor, ESC, and converter, but no pinion, would seem strange. But that's just a guess.

questerng
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm just wondering.. Do you need to mod the main frame to go brushless

thanks
Q

WowHobbies
08-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Finally an answer to the weak, short life span MCP X stock tail!

Now, the custom made high power tail motor system for MCP X has finally arrived. This extra large genuine Eflite 120SR tail motor system more than doubles the stock MCP X tail motor power and holds the tail like glue for sports or all-out-3D performance. This is a plug and play tail assembly, no soldering required and the replacement motor if you ever need it is the Blade 120SR tail motor and Walkera 4#3B tail blade. We have all the replacement parts available for any of the components for this tail assembly. For detail check into http://www.wowhobbies.com/blh3502tailboomassemblywithtailmotorrotormountforb lademcpx-2.aspx

Battery on the MCP X is inserted from the front to achieve center of gravity. Battery can easily be fitted inside and on the bottom of the canopy. This powerful tail assembly system has been tested by Wow Hobbies to be reliable with super performance on both the stock and brushless versions of the mCP X. Life span of the tail motor greatly increases with this upgrade due to the extra heavy duty motor.

Total Turbo Ace Tail Assembly weight: 6.8g compares to stock tail assembly weight at 3.0g

If you need additional information on this tail assembly, plese use the Contact Us tab in our website as we like to centralize the communication. PM will take a lot longer to response as we are extremely busy, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jonathan
www. (http://www.)WowHobbies.com (http://www.WowHobbies.com)

WowHobbies
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes, you need to mod the frame as the BL motor diameter is too wide.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

WowHobbies
08-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes, the entire BL kit is what we are putting together. It will take a little longer to materialize as the parts tickle in.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

WowHobbies
08-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Cool! What motor, pinion size, ESC, etc, is their kit using?

The tail motor is a Blade 120SR
There are 2 options for the main motor, CO5 and HP05 available is 8 or 9 teeth
ESC is XP-7A (XP-7A-3 reprogrammed) combined with TheSteve MCPx converter which can be plugged into the positive motor pin of the MCPx 3-in-1.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

firedragon
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
so. i have gone brushless on main, the steve , xp7a and novus cp inrunner( a walkera motor )
i see tnt neon flying with 120sr tail. mine no way, is like having low gain seems like mcpx 3 in 1 boards have different gain settings so the 120 sr tail is not good for all 3 in 1, proved with stock 120 tailblade, and with walkera 4#3 tailblade. and this motor weight a lot, i can't balance my heli.
with 2 coreless motor tail is better but loose the tail in tail forward flight.
-now i see another solutions come from nanoheli(germany) it seems a lot better but i don't know nothing about it. but is a brushless tail and i think is a dream for me to have a tail locked like this... and brushless. just look this . if anyone know something about this setup please write about it. the video is this
W-2l9uMkryg&playnext=1&list=PL1653515102FDDFC7

ShaneJourdan
08-14-2011, 12:03 AM
so. i have gone brushless on main, the steve , xp7a and novus cp inrunner( a walkera motor )
i see tnt neon flying with 120sr tail. mine no way, is like having low gain seems like mcpx 3 in 1 boards have different gain settings so the 120 sr tail is not good for all 3 in 1, proved with stock 120 tailblade, and with walkera 4#3 tailblade. and this motor weight a lot, i can't balance my heli.
with 2 coreless motor tail is better but loose the tail in tail forward flight.
-now i see another solutions come from nanoheli(germany) it seems a lot better but i don't know nothing about it. but is a brushless tail and i think is a dream for me to have a tail locked like this... and brushless. just look this . if anyone know something about this setup please write about it. the video is this
W-2l9uMkryg&playnext=1&list=PL1653515102FDDFC7

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.nanoheli.net/&ei=g1BHTrr7N4jViAKj1pHSAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CGgQ7gEwCA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmcpx%2Bbrushless%2Btail%2Bmotor%26hl% 3Den%26sa%3DX%26qscrl%3D1%26nord%3D1%26rlz%3D1T4GG LL_enUS313US313%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D707%26site%3D webhp%26prmd%3Divns