PDA

View Full Version : Here is my mcpx brushless conversion with pics ,still video and flight video

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

tntburnett
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM
In this video it look like it is spooling up slow but it is trying to catch timing then it spools up. Have a blessed week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIyeC4Z-NC4&feature=related

Sent from my DROIDX

adroc3905
07-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Its not going to spool up slow like a 450 etc. One set speed. Only time you hear motor change is when there is a load on it. Have a blessed week.

Sent from my DROIDX

Umm mine spools up slowly and you can regulate the throttle speed just like any other heli. I had the same problem (throttle on/off) and it all went away when I connected my red/blue wires of the steve converter directly to the +/- of the board. The ESC red/black wires did not put out enough power to allow my converter to regulate the throttle input accurately….on my esc. So all I was getting was one level of throttle which was pretty much on/off. I bet this is your problem.

tntburnett
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Umm mine spools up slowly and you can regulate the throttle speed just like any other heli. I had the same problem (throttle on/off) and it all went away when I connected my red/blue wires of the steve converter directly to the +/- of the board. The ESC red/black wires did not put out enough power to allow my converter to regulate the throttle input accurately….on my esc. So all I was getting was one level of throttle which was pretty much on/off. I bet this is your problem.

You know I forgot got about that what happen to you. You are right good catch. Have a blessed week

Sent from my DROIDX

Lipper
07-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the help guys - I'll give it a try. One question - when I move the blue wire to the negative on the board, do I move the resistor there as well or does that stay on the ESC?

Thanks again - appreciate it!

Goatkeeper
07-18-2011, 05:19 PM

When you say you connected the red and blue wires of the steve's converter to the + - on the board. Do you mean the the +- on the 3 in1, on the opposite side of where the battery leads are soldered on?

755 robert
07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
You guys seem to be doing the steve connection different,I connected the yellow wire to the back of the board,not on the motor output.then the red white blue to the esc..I have no added resistors either.I have full control of rpm..Why the difference??:dontknow

Goatkeeper
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
You guys seem to be doing the steve connection different,I connected the yellow wire to the back of the board,not on the motor output.then the red white blue to the esc..I have no added resistors either.I have full control of rpm..Why the difference??:dontknow

I saw your setup before. I was going to try to wire every thing up like you did to potentially fix the no throttle control issue. But the solder point for the yellow wire is crazy small. And on my board it's covered with, what looks like epoxy spilled over from the larger chip thingy in the middle of the board.

adroc3905
07-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Different ways to get the same end result. All depends on how daring you feel about soldering. Going direct to the board eliminates the resistor.

Lipper
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, the red and blue wires from the steve are on the 3-in-1 battery leads. I'm just not sure where to put the resistor now.

755 robert
07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Ya,it is crazy small..:wow2:..,thats why I posted the "tip" about gluing the wire to the bottom of the tail motor plug first to hold the wire in place..I was just curious if different esc/motors require different setups..

Goatkeeper
07-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes, the red and blue wires from the steve are on the 3-in-1 battery leads. I'm just not sure where to put the resistor now.

I got impatient and moved the red and blue wires to the +- on the board and left the resistor on the black wire from the esc and it now works perfectly!!!

Lipper
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I also got impatient, moved the yellow wire to that crazy small spot on the 3-in-1 and got rid of the resistor all together. it also works great! I'm glad I tested it outside or I would have hit the ceiling - HARD!

Use Roberts idea of glueing the yellow wire to the board to hold it while soldering - works really well for us less-than-expert solderers. Strip off about a mm of the yellow wire, tin it with solder, find a good place to glue it while keeping the end EXACTLY over the solder point. Once it's glued on just make sure it's lined up with the spot on the board and give it a little tap with your iron. Worked great for me.

Thanks again for all the quick help - Ken

WowHobbies
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM
You no longer need to do micro soldering of the 2K resistor on TheSteve. We have just received the MCP X version of TheSteve converter. We have converted 2 of the MCP X with success. Also there is no guessing and going through the complete thread on how to wire everything, because the converter comes with a complete photo diagram. We are also trying to spec out the kv rating of the CO5 so it can use the stock MCP X pinion. It will be nice if we have the time to install the pinion for guys who have never done it so they don't bent the motor shaft. Has anyone tried to use the stock pinion with tappered 1mm motor shaft?

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

WowHobbies
07-18-2011, 07:56 PM
The XP-7A can be programmed to soft start or very soft start through the use of a XP programmer. The throttle curve is not going to fix your problem. If you are still having problem, you know TheSteve converter is now available with the 2k resistor build-in so there is no more guessing work. Also Wow Hobbies has a photo diagram that comes with the converter so there is no guessing work or having to read the entire thread to wire the entire thing. The diagram explains all the connections with the correct TheSteve wire colors. We will continue to make the conversion easier for folks who just want to focus on the fun part, flying, LOL.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com (http://www.wowhobbies.com/)

755 robert
07-18-2011, 08:14 PM
The XP-7A can be programmed to soft start or very soft start through the use of a XP programmer. The throttle curve is not going to fix your problem. If you are still having problem, you know TheSteve converter is now available with the 2k resistor build-in so there is no more guessing work. Also Wow Hobbies has a photo diagram that comes with the converter so there is no guessing work or having to read the entire thread to wire the entire thing. The diagram explains all the connections with the correct TheSteve wire colors. We will continue to make the conversion easier for folks who just want to focus on the fun part, flying, LOL.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com (http://www.wowhobbies.com/)
This is good to know.The ADH 50 1mm shafted motor with the 8t pinion that we purchased as a group buy really works well,having a good combination of power and flight time.Does wow hobbies have this motor available?

WowHobbies
07-18-2011, 08:20 PM
The CO5 is under going testing with the stock MCP X pinion. So far after many hours of testing, the stock 11,000 kv CO5 is not the correct kv for stock pinion. The new TheSteve MCP X converter however works flawlessly.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com (http://www.WowHobbies.com)

Stevin
07-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I am attempting to use the same set-up as TNT, Ihave the heli-max BL combo with motor and esc but the esc has black rubber round it unlike the one pictured in TNT version on the first page of this thread. I ran everything as he did and I am not getting anthing out of the motor. I have read about some motors just runnning at 100% but mine is not getting anything??? any ideas?

I have the set-up as follows ....red and black from esc powered to the battery leads, then I have to the steves....red to red, white to white, black to blue and the yellow wire from the steves I tried inserting into the old motor jack pos and even the neg but nothing. I even touched the wire to the solder spot under that tiny chip as shown in some pictures.

WowHobbies
07-18-2011, 09:01 PM
The ADH50 is the CO5 if I am correct. It is the one that we are testing the stock pinion with. 1mm motor shaft is very thin and great caution needs to be exercised when the pinion is being mounted. We use a special tool to do that so the shaft will stay true.

Jonathan

WowHobbies
07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
"esc has black rubber round it unlike the one pictured in TNT version " Which picture exactly are your refering to?

Jonathan

755 robert
07-18-2011, 09:24 PM
The CO5 is under going testing with the stock MCP X pinion. So far after many hours of testing, the stock 11,000 kv CO5 is not the correct kv for stock pinion. The new TheSteve MCP X converter however works flawlessly.

Jonathan
I am glad to hear you guys are working on it.Please keep us posted. I am wanting to convert at least three more.I am just waiting for the right motor solution..

tntburnett
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
You no longer need to do micro soldering of the 2K resistor on TheSteve. We have just received the MCP X version of TheSteve converter. We have converted 2 of the MCP X with success. Also there is no guessing and going through the complete thread on how to wire everything, because the converter comes with a complete photo diagram. We are also trying to spec out the kv rating of the CO5 so it can use the stock MCP X pinion. It will be nice if we have the time to install the pinion for guys who have never done it so they don't bent the motor shaft. Has anyone tried to use the stock pinion with tappered 1mm motor shaft?

Cheers,
Jonathan
WowHobbies.com

Man I need one of those converter for the next one I am planning on doing. And I am thinking of doing a outrunner version now. Have one in runner and one outrunner
Have a blessed week.

Sent from my DROIDX

dbennettya
07-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Tnt,

I've ordered a HP05S 12,500kv motor and plan on turning down the shaft to 1mm so I can use a 7T pinion for 4400 RPM or an 8T pinion for 5000 RPM. Either way it should kick butt and give a little more forward weight to offset the 120SR tail.

My C05 with 1mm shaft, 8T pinion and 120SR tail flies nice and has ok power but not as much as I'd like.

Good Luck, Don

Man I need one of those converter for the next one I am planning on doing. And I am thinking of doing a outrunner version now. Have one in runner and one outrunner
Have a blessed week.

Sent from my DROIDX

tntburnett
07-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Tnt,

I've ordered a HP05S 12,500kv motor and plan on turning down the shaft to 1mm so I can use a 7T pinion for 4400 RPM or an 8T pinion for 5000 RPM. Either way it should kick butt and give a little more forward weight to offset the 120SR tail.

My C05 with 1mm shaft, 8T pinion and 120SR tail flies nice and has ok power but not as much as I'd like.

Good Luck, Don

Don you u are going to have some mad head speed there 4500 & 5000 woohoo.
That thing is going to be a beast.

Have a blessed week.

Isaac
Sent from my DROIDX

Stevin
07-18-2011, 11:26 PM
ok I got it working, wow this thing is quiet and what a difference. Im so used to the stock motor that the head speed is spinning fast but it is so quiet I have to pitch pump just to make sure the battery isnt dying. Now how do I stuff all this under the canopy? That motor connector is really not bendable and pretty big in comparison to the rest of the components. Looks like a frankenstein mini beast!

Lipper
07-19-2011, 12:23 AM
ok I got it working, wow this thing is quiet and what a difference. Im so used to the stock motor that the head speed is spinning fast but it is so quiet I have to pitch pump just to make sure the battery isnt dying. Now how do I stuff all this under the canopy? That motor connector is really not bendable and pretty big in comparison to the rest of the components. Looks like a frankenstein mini beast!

Now that you have it running well, Get rid of the connector - solder the wires dire key to the esc. Saves weight and space.