PDA

View Full Version : Jive 80HV with buffer pack

BruceHuang
06-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Hello, I have got my buffer pack today. I do connect the slave port to my rx. However, I would like to use a buffer pack as well. Can I just plug in a 4.8v Nicd/NiMn battery in any open channel even with the slave cable connected, that wouldn't do any harm, right?

Also, can I use the align external voltage step down a 2s battery to 4.8v instead of a Nicd/NiMn buffer pack? I don't really like Nicd/NiMn packs.

Cheers

FSAMedia
06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Either port will work but you shouldn't use a lipo as a back up, as the BEC voltage may vary from your lipo pack. Someone else chime in if I am incorrect.

PhotoShip One
06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
do NOT use a regulated lipo pack!!.

Use a 4 cell nimh or nicad. It doesn't matter if you plug directly into the slave port on ESC or an extra channel port on RX.

BruceHuang
06-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys.

So DJ, am I doing right by plug in slave cable to the rx and also connect buffer pack directly to the rx?

Regards

onlocation
06-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys.

So DJ, am I doing right by plug in slave cable to the rx and also connect buffer pack directly to the rx?

Regards

Yes, this works fine. What we do is have the buffer pack on a normal RC switch that then plugs into the Rx. This way you can easily power up the Rx and servos with the switch to do a preflight check before you plug your main packs into the ESC.

Also if you are running a FBL unit, then depending on what unit you have, you may want to plug the slave from the ESC into the FBL unit, since the servos actually draw the power from this unit.

BruceHuang
06-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes, this works fine. What we do is have the buffer pack on a normal RC switch that then plugs into the Rx. This way you can easily power up the Rx and servos with the switch to do a preflight check before you plug your main packs into the ESC.

Also if you are running a FBL unit, then depending on what unit you have, you may want to plug the slave from the ESC into the FBL unit, since the servos actually draw the power from this unit.

Hello onlocation,

Thanks for your suggestions, the switch and plug in to FBL unit does make a lot of sense to me.:clap

BruceHuang
06-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Btw, guys, I couldn't find the right length tail rod, can I cut it down and glue it to a ball link? Is it safe to do? Regards

raytang
06-20-2011, 08:10 AM
I do This Now

Jive can charge to 4.8v Battery Pack

BruceHuang
06-20-2011, 08:53 AM
I do This Now

Jive can charge to 4.8v Battery Pack

Thanks Ray, I see only one cable from the ESC to rx. Do you also connect the slave?

BTW, the HKUST process applications really slow. Iooking forward to check out your work in HK.:peace:clap

POWERFTK
06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=304140