PDA

View Full Version : 600e Pro Tail Blow Outs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

SimStream
07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
I would have to apply a LOT of force to get mine to come any closer than this, so much force I would be afraid of bending the feathering shaft, or snapping a blade.
Mains stock 600
Tails 105

Nothing you can do by hand will come close to the forces involved when changing pitch direction on a heli.
Believe me force your main blades down and they will touch yor tails.
It may not happen in flight for a while. But it will happen eventually.

Time bomb

Dan E
07-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Is it possible that people can get away with it because the trailing edge of both blades is all that touches and therefore won't impact and just graze each other?
Also my other thought was to just shave the kdbb blades down a little so they don't touch anymore.
But if that's no good one final thought is to run a bigger boom, I presume the 700 boom will fit without too much hassle.

OnTheSnap
07-31-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL.

Banging it as hard as I can for 100 flights. Not 1 issue. This includes screaming in at 100mph into a wall, both forward and backwards. No problem at all.

Not an issue.

Helico-pteron
07-31-2011, 05:39 PM
I've been running KDBB dampeners, definitely no issues here.

smaze17
07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
All this talk is confusing. We have guys stating that the mains WILL IN FACT touch the 105's yet we see OTS banging his with no issues....:dontknow:dontknow:dontknow

???

I'm running 102's and this seems like a great alternative to the stock 95's.

S

Weule
07-31-2011, 08:44 PM
My Edge 105's touch easily although flew it hard without issue. The combination of the small overlap and the mains spending very little time directly over the tail lowers the chance of a strike but the possibility still exists.

With that said I can't get the tail to perform with 95's and the gearing upgrade at 2250 anywhere near that of the 105's...

el guapo
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
All this talk is confusing. We have guys stating that the mains WILL IN FACT touch the 105's yet we see OTS banging his with no issues....:dontknow:dontknow:dontknow

in the photos, it looks like the tips are touching. maybe it will only touch with full positive pitch. and the blades flexing towards the boom during negative pitch is not likely.

daran0815
08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
in the photos, it looks like the tips are touching. maybe it will only touch with full positive pitch. and the blades flexing towards the boom during negative pitch is not likely.
Pitch shouldn't matter for the flex on the bench. I don't see how I could make my 105mm tail touch the mains short of cold deformation. Could there be slightly different booms involved? Any other difference in the builds?

smaze17
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Yea - seems like it's gotta be a boom issue...slightly different lengths???

S

OnTheSnap
08-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Very hard to believe since a mm is massive and the length of the TT is fixed.

I played some more and pulling really hard out and down I could just barely make them touch. I'm wondering if I'm flexing the frame or?

Seems like the best test is really hard cyclic "jabs" which really pushes the dampeners. This is my normal flight style (:face) and I have not had any issues at all. Not one nick on the blades.

Anyway, if you are nervous, you can run uber headspeeds, change the tail gear ratio, or learn collective management (NEVER! :YeaBaby:).

Helico-pteron
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Very hard to believe since a mm is massive and the length of the TT is fixed.

I played some more and pulling really hard out and down I could just barely make them touch. I'm wondering if I'm flexing the frame or?

Seems like the best test is really hard cyclic "jabs" which really pushes the dampeners. This is my normal flight style (:face) and I have not had any issues at all. Not one nick on the blades.

Anyway, if you are nervous, you can run uber headspeeds, change the tail gear ratio, or learn collective management (NEVER! :YeaBaby:).

Unless you do a nose dive and at the bottom push up on the stick while adding full collective you might touch the 105s.

OnTheSnap
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Unless you do a nose dive and at the bottom push up on the stick while adding full collective you might touch the 105s.

I do that too. Like an uber tail slide with a huge collective pop at the bottom?

Anyway, I guess the consensus is that it may be physically possible for them to touch. But in practice it doesn't seem to ever happen. I'll keep flying them this way since the performance is just awesome now.

Helico-pteron
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I do that too. Like an uber tail slide with a huge collective pop at the bottom?

Anyway, I guess the consensus is that it may be physically possible for them to touch. But in practice it doesn't seem to ever happen. I'll keep flying them this way since the performance is just awesome now.
Seems like a huge mound out of a mole hill here....

Nko15
08-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Tail blade striked usually happens when the dampers are starting to wear.

mtuccio
08-03-2011, 12:53 AM
I wonder if this geometry difference has something to do with Flybarless vs. Flybar head? For those that have posted pictures please try and indicate which version of the model you have. Just trying to look at this from a different angle since I've seen some conflicting pictures and my model is 12000 miles away from me right now so I can't verify anything.

stevehof
08-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I wonder if this geometry difference has something to do with Flybarless vs. Flybar head? For those that have posted pictures please try and indicate which version of the model you have. Just trying to look at this from a different angle since I've seen some conflicting pictures and my model is 12000 miles away from me right now so I can't verify anything.My FBL would touch (trailing edge to trailing edge) about 1 to 1.5mm with KDBB 102's, which are only about 1.5mm shorter than the Align 105s. I have done it with ease one time. Once was enough. I put them on my band sander and carefully took off 2mm and weighed them. Better safe than sorry.

timay
10-05-2011, 01:58 AM
1) Thank you - this is great info
2) Align responded! I'm impressed!
3) I installed the 105mm tail today on my 600 pro and installed the 700 skids. I was curious, so I took measurements of the tail and fin distance to the ground before and after the upgrade.

I have a fully stock 600 pro with a flybar
The rubber bumpers are on the skids in all measurements

Tail rotor blade clearance from the bottom of the tail to the ground
Stock blades with stock skids: 25mm
105's with stock skids: 14.3mm
105's with the 700 skid on the rear only: 62.5mm
105's with the 700 skids on front and rear: 20mm

Tail fin clearance from the bottom of the fin to the ground
Stock fin with stock skids: 7.8mm
Stock fin with the 700 skid on the rear only: 56.4mm
Stock fin with the 700 skids on front and rear: 13.4mm
My LHS doesn't have a 700 fin yet

I'm a n00b. To my "untrained eye" the new tail made a huge difference. The tail is very snappy now.

http://www.helifreak.com/picture.php?albumid=7796&pictureid=62063

Helico-pteron
10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
2) Align responded! I'm impressed!

I haven't been following the thread, were did they respond?

raptor50luvver
10-05-2011, 07:51 AM
I wonder if this geometry difference has something to do with Flybarless vs. Flybar head? For those that have posted pictures please try and indicate which version of the model you have. Just trying to look at this from a different angle since I've seen some conflicting pictures and my model is 12000 miles away from me right now so I can't verify anything.

Doesnt the flybar one have a longer main shaft?

timay
10-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I haven't been following the thread, were did they respond?

I guess what I meant was they came on the site and participated in the conversation and identified themselves as Align people. I haven't read all 25 pages of the thread, but I did see some posts from them early on.

ducc
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Can somebody help me with all the spear parts numbers to rebuild my Trex 600 Pro with higher tail rotor speed? My goal is to make it fly with rotor speed around 2000 just to save amp:s and get longer fly time

felborn
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Can somebody help me with all the spear parts numbers to rebuild my Trex 600 Pro with higher tail rotor speed? My goal is to make it fly with rotor speed around 2000 just to save amp:s and get longer fly time

Here you go: Torque Tube Front Gear Set: H60121T, Autorotation: H60020A

Thank BlackTitanium for the info, I belive he was the first to figure this out. But if your just hovering or into very basic flying, I figure the stock tail should work okay as well at that headspeed.

ducc
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Looks that this number don't exist H60121T should be H60121 or?

BlackTitanium
10-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Looks that this number don't exist H60121T should be H60121 or?

Been awhile since I bought a set, it was H60121AT, then it was H60121T.
So now, it looks like it's H60121 :roll:

tsarouxaz
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
So can someone from Align enlighten us with the idea of reducing the tail power on what's supposed to be a top end 3d performer?

Every other hv 600 class electric can produce stunning performance and decent duration at sensible headspeeds so who's smart idea was it to run a ridiculous headspeed and give short flight times compared to other brands of airframe.

To make the diference! Just that... They always make mistakes and overkills on their designs and people still buy Align because they are cheap. But if a company arrises that makes sensible products and is as cheap as align, then Align will... Vanish!! Anyway Everytime Align changes something, someone makes an improovement to it, but how long will we deal with Align's bad designs?