PDA

View Full Version : Trex 700N with Airtronics RDS 8000 and Upgrade Battery Question

RCTada
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Can any experts here please post settings to setup my Airtronics RDS 8000 for a Trex 700 Nitro and can you advice where I can buy new batteries for it that will last a bit longer?

Thank you so much for your expertise.

This will save me at least 200 to 300 bucks buying a new radio when I have one here that might work. :thumbup:

JustPlaneChris
06-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I can't help with the 700N setup, but I can help with the battery question! I'm running a 3S lipo pack in mine, and from what I've read on Global's support forum using a 3S lipo has the "factory nod of approval". I just used some packs I had laying around that fit (some older 3S Hyperion 850s) but this will fit as well:

http://www.valuehobby.com/product_details.php?category_id=33&item_id=44

Just mind the polarity! It's opposite of the norm.

I picked up a used RDS8000 to use while my X9303 was out for the firmware fix, and by golly I like the little radio! It's dirt simple, but powerful enough to do everything I need. :thumbup:

RCTada
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you sir! So just fix the plug to fit the tx and red and black is opposite and to recharge just take lipo out? When u take battery to rcharge does your settings stay in tact? The programming that is.

JustPlaneChris
06-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Yep, that battery has a Futaba connector on it so you have to trim off the little blade and flip the connector pins to match polarity with the original Nicd pack. And also affirmative on the "remove to charge" question. Your settings will not be lost when you remove the pack to charge.

There is even a post here on HF (http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=1992265&postcount=5) that shows how to go into the radio's setup mode and change the low voltage alarm to 10v so it will warn you before you run the lipo down too low.

RCTada
06-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you sir!

JustPlaneChris
06-29-2011, 08:06 PM
My pleasure! Oh, one thing I noticed when setting up my Mini Protos was that revo mix was enabled by default on the RDS8000. Most gyros don't need revo, so be sure and disable that. Good luck with your setup! :thumbup: