PDA

View Full Version : a day out with the UH-60

copterdoctor
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
hi guys!
took advantage of a nice day last sunday to get the Blackhawk out. the winds were dead calm and i felt comfortable enough to do some forward flight. unfortunately i left my little doo hikky at home that attatches the stabilator to the actuator that moves it up and down so after mounting it, it was fixed in the down position. this unfortunately was not accurate in the pics of it in fwd flight but oh well, next time i wont forget. all flights went well till i tried to remove some weeds cought in the wire cutters on the main gear after a rollon landing. as i tried to slow the blades it became evident that the cluch was dragging so bad, it killed the engine. luckily, i had a spare clutch at home. yeah this meant a total teardown. while i had it allout, i checked the bell and liner and it seemed fine9or so i thought) the very next day while hovering, the engine rpm slowly got higher and rotor rpm got lower. upon inspection, i saw the liner in several parts bouncing around onthe fuselage floor. (those new cusswords i came up with last week finally made their public debut. :?) anyway, having spares really come in handy as i was able to get that replaced in no time as well. anyway, i buddy of mine commented that my blackhawk is so scale in every sense, including its maintenance requirement frequency. i wasnt sure how to take that :? but it was all in good fun.
here are some pics.

copterdoctor
03-28-2007, 08:34 AM
more pics

CMORROW2
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
HEY DIDN'T I SEE YOUR JET RANGER IN THE VIDEO FROM IRCHA 2005. I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT BUILDING A SEAHAWK BASED OFF THE SAME BLACKHAWK YOU HAVE, ANY ADVISE ON THE MACHANICS AND ANY OTHER ADVISE. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CLUTCH PROBLEM. I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT THE ONLY WAY TO REPLY IS TO MY YAHOO E-MAIL ADDRESS. MORROWCLAY@YAHOO.COM. I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHECK MESSAGES THROUGH THIS SIGHT YET. CLAY :

DebianDog
03-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Emile does look cranky :lol:

copterdoctor
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
yeah the jetranger is mine. still flying too, as a matter of fact i was out with it last evening flying in the dusk hours with all light going. :wink:
i got the clutch fixed the next day and all is well again.

Rodan
03-30-2007, 10:55 PM
That first Ranger pic is TOO COOL! :glasses2: :glasses2: :mrgreen:

Buzzkill
04-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Spectacular helicopters