PDA

View Full Version : Blade 450 Tracking

kevin2569
07-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Can you guys help me with my tracking issue, my tracking is off so I kept adjusting the links and finely no more tracking issues, but my problem is now is that my blade pitch is off. One blade will be at 8+ at full stick and other blade is like at 7+ full stick.
As soon as I make both blades the same pitch my tracking gets off again?

jdFin
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Can you guys help me with my tracking issue, my tracking is off so I kept adjusting the links and finely no more tracking issues, but my problem is now is that my blade pitch is off. One blade will be at 8+ at full stick and other blade is like at 7+ full stick.
As soon as I make both blades the same pitch my tracking gets off again?

I can't get my setup right either, but fortunately I'm too sloppy in the air to notice. Makes me a better pilot, right? :) I have not messed with any mechanical setup yet, just the subtrims, then when I can't improve things, I give up and set them back to zero.

But to the point of this thread, my tracking is right on, then if I switch the main blades (so each is in the other grip), the tracking is off by a quarter inch or so. That is repeatable, obvious, and seems kinda weird. I can't figure out what could possibly cause that.

In your case, and this is of course well beyond my experience but I've read about such mysteries, it may be that the geometry farther down the shaft is off. My understanding is that you have have to have, in this order (1) 90* servo arms (2) level swash (3) zero pitch at midstick. So maybe your swash is not level; I know mine isn't.

bradharvy
07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I posted a thread on the different heads between the 400 and 450. Not to hijack your thread, but the 450 has no adjustable washout linkages in the flybar/wash-out box. I am in the same boat trying to track with non adjustable pushrods, I'm talking about watching the head setup for the 400. It goes into detail about getting the pushrods leveled out, in witch the 450 does not have! Has, but non adjustable.
So to sum it up the 400 had the same looking setup but with adjustable links, not plastic. Does any one know wth i'm talking about???

kevin2569
07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
I just noticed that the links you would adjust for tracking are not adjustable? They are just plastic

bradharvy
07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
yes, it seems ta be more of a pita! Anyone with sugestions? put adj. ones in from 400 or is it a diff. set up?

Roblucky13
07-27-2011, 07:34 AM
If your tracking is perfect, then the pitch should be the same! Make sure you check the pitch from the same position for each blade. I always check with the blade lined up with the tail boom. If the shash is not completely level, the pitch will change as the blades swing around...so always level swash and always check pitch in same position.

I would check with throttle hold on and pitch on TX at 0...mid stick for me. Unplug motor for safety!

whoanelly
07-27-2011, 08:58 AM
sounds like you need to check your swash for level not only at center stick but at top and bottom as well.

johnsma22
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
But to the point of this thread, my tracking is right on, then if I switch the main blades (so each is in the other grip), the tracking is off by a quarter inch or so. That is repeatable, obvious, and seems kinda weird. I can't figure out what could possibly cause that.

It's funny that you mention that. My B450 was tracking perfectly out of the box. I mean, perfectly! I was surprised by this. After many, many flights I decided to remove the blades to check the blade grip bolts. I marked the blades so that they would go back into the same grips. Put everything back together confirming the blades were in the same grips as before, and lo and behold, my tracking is off. Not sure what happened, but I'm not going to chase it down. I'm just going to fly it, as it still flies great!

bradharvy
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
sounds like you need to check your swash for level not only at center stick but at top and bottom as well.
level at top AND bottom, man I'm such a noob! Never intered my thoughts, My mind is full of garbage I guess! Makes since!

bradharvy
07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
When adjusting tracking is it best to start with low blade and raise. Or check pitch I guess and see If high side needs ta go down? :cheers

Luvmyhelis
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I posted a thread on the different heads between the 400 and 450. Not to hijack your thread, but the 450 has no adjustable washout linkages in the flybar/wash-out box. I am in the same boat trying to track with non adjustable pushrods, I'm talking about watching the head setup for the 400. It goes into detail about getting the pushrods leveled out, in witch the 450 does not have! Has, but non adjustable.
So to sum it up the 400 had the same looking setup but with adjustable links, not plastic. Does any one know wth i'm talking about???
Yep, this actually is a copy of some of the trex heads. You actually don't need the additional 4 adjustable links around the flybar cage if all the parts are straight. And it greatly simplifies the setup. Now pitch can be adjusted with the two uplinks.

bradharvy
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Yep, this actually is a copy of some of the trex heads. You actually don't need the additional 4 adjustable links around the flybar cage if all the parts are straight. And it greatly simplifies the setup. Now pitch can be adjusted with the two uplinks.
Again thank you for the reply. What is your thoughts on tracking? Adjust up to the high blade or.....