PDA

View Full Version : play in align fbl head

hamstar78
07-22-2011, 04:53 PM
i switched over to the align fbl head from the rjx the other day after a bad crash and there is play in the head. it is assembled correctly and flies great but just wondering if others have the same slop too? oh by the way i am using the kbdd dampners with it and they are firmer than stock and i was able to turn my swah gain up and it flies great.

Janosax
07-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Just buyed an ALZRC pro FBL kit. There is a little amount slop in the main blade grips. I can see trust bearings move a litlle bit in the grips. Your play is here too?

On the 250 a fix to this is to trim a little bit the spindle shaft on each end, to allow more compression of bearings/dampers.

I don't like this slop :thumbdown:

bad007
07-22-2011, 08:02 PM
You want to ilaborate where exactly the play is? In the feathering shaft, head rocking on the main shaft, where exactly?
The washers on the bolts that hold the main blade holders bow out and then you loose the pre load on the dampers, the washers need doubled up, KDBB dampers wear out to fast, True Blood Green hold up better. If the head gets hit it spreads the split in the head and it has to be pinched so it fits the main shaft snug before it's bolted on.

hamstar78
07-22-2011, 09:28 PM
the blade grips have the play, as for the other clone head i just went thru that with the rjx head and parts are hard to find sticking with align from now on. its just slop on the blade grips like alittle up and down play. i tried the extra washer and the grips were stiff i think its just slop but it doesnt affect the way it flies, it flies amazing as a matter of fact so im not really worried about it right now just seeing if anybody else has it too

janol
07-23-2011, 12:17 AM
up and down play as in soft dampeners from one grip to the other? I have the mikado head and it has tons of play, but it flys great

nothinbetr2do
07-23-2011, 12:23 AM
hey jeff. i just checked mine for you, and it has a small amount of play in the grips to(i think it's the dampeners) did you notice any thing different from yours, then when you had mine? i can bring it back over if you need me to. let me know

crashmore
07-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I have an Align FBL head on my 450 with Trueblood green (hard) dampeners. The only play I can feel is the up and down slop in the ball linkages to the swashplate.

Leftyatm
07-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I had the same issue. I swapped over from a FB head to a FBL head. Using the brass sleeves, they were too stiff and it would lock the grips in place. Just using once silver thin washer on each side wasn't enough for my comfort. I could literally hold each blade grip and wiggle the entire head. Enough to see them moving in my eyes. So I disassembled the FB head and used the small silver washer from that head. In the end, I ended up using two silver washers between the headblock and blade grips on EACH side. And the head is PERFECT. There is no binding, and it slides freely and most importantly there is zero slop. Maybe a very very very very little bit of notchiness but it hasn't caused me any issues. Try that.