PDA

View Full Version : Avant Kits Supply?

sps3172
07-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I've been out of RC Helicopters for a number of years and am plotting a return. That being said, this Aurora seems like quite the machine.

The only 2 online shops that I've found that seem to handle this line are Amain and Heliproz. Both these shops are out of stock on the kits and when browsing the parts selection, they seem to be missing lots of inventory there, as well.

Is this a consistent issue with Avant or have I just not found the right dealers?

Thanks!

DuckyLilZilla
07-22-2011, 06:27 PM
CarbonXtreme.com is another supplier that generally is a lot better when it comes to parts availability. As far a getting your hands on a heli, that seems to be a common problem in the forums. As difficult as it is to get an Avant, most everyone including myself don't look back on waiting. Avants are amazing machines with great quality components. Another option you can consider is looking thru the Helifreak heli classifieds. I remember seeing one or two in there.

DuckyLilZilla
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=314862

Here's an Avant I found on HF. May still be available. With the prices of parts matching the prices of Trex 700 parts there really is no reason I've found to go w/ a Trex over an Avant. Parts are easy to come by, the heli is not.

sps3172
07-22-2011, 06:50 PM
CarbonXtreme.com is another supplier that generally is a lot better when it comes to parts availability. As far a getting your hands on a heli, that seems to be a common problem in the forums. As difficult as it is to get an Avant, most everyone including myself don't look back on waiting. Avants are amazing machines with great quality components. Another option you can consider is looking thru the Helifreak heli classifieds. I remember seeing one or two in there.

Thanks Robert!

Do you know the policy on CarbonXtreme.com in terms of inventory? Can you tell if an item is really in stock when you order or do you just send the order and find out later what they actually had in stock?

I can't seem to find a way to 'call' Avant.....do they interact strictly via email?

Thanks!

FBLessOne
07-22-2011, 06:56 PM
carbonxtreme seem to keep stock on everything except for whatever doesn't show in stock but even then if you contact them via the contact form they will ship you the part you need despite it showing out of stock cause i think they draw from the factory inventory

that being said i've never had any issue getting spares from the different stores

jimheliboy
07-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Your order has to be $75.00 or more to order from CarbonXtreme.

sps3172
07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for digging up that classified listing, Robert. It may seem silly, but I really wanted to build a brand spanking new one.

So...it seems the only way to get a new kit is to get on the pre-order list at Heliproz, Amain or with CarbonXtreme directly, correct?

DuckyLilZilla
07-23-2011, 12:45 AM
This is a UK website that says they ship worldwide. They have both the electric and nitro along w/ the RigidCore head.

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/HeliKits_Avant.html

They have them in stock but only problem is that you'd be paying in pounds rather than dollars.

sps3172
07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
So...it seems the only way to get a new kit is to get on the pre-order list at Heliproz, Amain or with CarbonXtreme directly, correct?

I've spoken to both Heliproz and Amain. In both cases, they claimed to have had trouble even reaching Avant to place new orders. They had no ETA on kits and neither place mentioned any sort of 'waiting' or 'pre-order' list.

Is there some sort of secret password I need to be allowed to buy one of these kits? :)

FBLessOne
07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
you don't need to place yourself in some list you just need to order it in this page and complete the checkout and it will place it in the backorder list.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/2_382_411/n/RC-Helicopters-Kits-60-90-Size-Nitro

they get them and they call you that's it.
that's how me and my buddies bought ours.

Justin Stuart
07-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Yes, get on the Amain backorder list. It won't take too long.

chuckk
08-01-2011, 07:22 AM
This is a UK website that says they ship worldwide. They have both the electric and nitro along w/ the RigidCore head.

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/HeliKits_Avant.html

They have them in stock but only problem is that you'd be paying in pounds rather than dollars.

This is where I purchased my kit last year. Good service and their employees fly the Avant so they're a big help on answering questions and suggesting setups that work.

Paying in pounds did make it rather pricey though.