PDA

View Full Version : Helijive

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

alexvan
01-03-2012, 01:06 PM
You are correct. I sent my esc for the absurd software update (I can only define absurd the impossibility of updating the firmware online) and... they are closed until the 9th of january! And on the web site there isn't any advice!

MrMel
01-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Kontronik Germany is closed until 9th (Support/Service and rest of the company)
Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm sure they catching up asap when they are back.

/Fredrik

dl7uae
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I can only define absurd the impossibility of updating the firmware online
It is inconvenient, yes, but due to the basic design (the types of two processors) which was done a time ago. Each further Kontronik ESC will be user-updatable.

On the other hand, if there is the possibility to update by yourself, .... users complain also about that.;)

Tom

helicraze
01-03-2012, 11:46 PM
When is the kosmic out? The helijive can be too tempermental and now getting behind.

We want high current high cell esc with antispark and hv bec that works with vbar gov and warranty

dl7uae
01-04-2012, 01:40 AM
When is the kosmic out?
On the Nuremberg fair, I'd guess.

The helijive can be too tempermental and now getting behind.
I do not agree, twice.

We want high current
It is.

high cell esc
14S. 15S w'd be exotic and 16S is a risk, calls the warning artists on the plan.

that works with vbar gov
Don't know if the Kosmik will support that also, must then ask.

and warranty
Warranty for what? Nobody can warrant everything.

helicraze
01-04-2012, 02:11 AM
I think KT is the only company that says warranty oh except for motor other than KT if using this mode.

It seems to suggest that there may be an issue.

I can thermal all my jives on a 30deg c day if i like even with naca ducts

swalko
01-04-2012, 03:06 AM
I think KT is the only company that says warranty oh except for motor other than KT if using this mode.

I think too that Helijive V11 in mode8 is still not safe solution ...

KONTRONIK approves using mode 8 of the HELI JIVE 120+HV together with VBar Version 5.2.4 and KONTRONIK PYRO 700 motor series.

Other motors? Other governors? ... I know about Helijive with V11 firmware that failed with VStabi governor and Scorpion motor right after spool up. I bought Helijive only for one reason ... mode8 ... but currently i will not send my Helijive V10 for update, because i think it is another waste of money. Other Helijive modes works without any issues.

alexvan
01-04-2012, 04:08 AM
A question for the people with experience on both internal governor and mode 8+vbar (MrMel ?): do you see any major difference or improvement in the heli behavior such to justify an unsupported configuration?

Many thanks.

Alex

MrMel
01-04-2012, 04:13 AM
A question for the people with experience on both internal governor and mode 8+vbar (MrMel ?): do you see any major difference or improvement in the heli behavior such to justify an unsupported configuration?

Many thanks.

Alex

I've become spoiled with how Vbar governor flies, It flies so much smoother so I actually run it on all my machines now, still it's not worth risking blowing stuff up, there will be more options this year Im sure as it becomes more and more popular.

swalko
01-04-2012, 04:40 AM
MrMel,

Do you know if Kontronik is working on Helijive mode8 improvements or current implementation is final? I am little worried that helijive mode8 will be only "middle step" and full, safe, bulletproof implementation will be in Cosmic ...

MrMel
01-04-2012, 04:49 AM
MrMel,

Do you know if Kontronik is working on Helijive mode8 improvements or current implementation is final? I am little worried that helijive mode8 will be only "middle step" and full, safe, bulletproof implementation will be in Cosmic ...

Do not know.

dl7uae
01-04-2012, 05:48 AM
am little worried that helijive mode8 will be only "middle step" and full, safe, bulletproof implementation will be in Cosmic
No, don't worry.;)

No issue, but think of all the low-resistant, low-inductive motors today out there, especially those w/ non-equidistant glued magnets etc. An ESC manufacturer cannot warrant each motor combination. That's it and no more.
What do you think, why among all the hot Scorpions the 4525le causes problems so often? It is the only one LE who's winding made in the factory, as far as I know.

Sure that it thermals, exceeding 100C FET temperature, 3x blinking?
A tiny fan on the heatsink w'd make it, I am quite sure.

Tom

cshutchinson
01-04-2012, 06:36 AM

Exactly! Tried, but can't write it better myself.

helicraze
01-04-2012, 06:45 AM
It goes into slow down and lipo has ma left in it still so its either software or thermal.

The vbar gov i foubd smoother but did not feel more powerfull, rolls were better and tail more locked but still not 100%

dl7uae
01-04-2012, 02:42 PM
so its either software or thermal
Ask your flashing LED before you disconnect the battery.

WBFAir
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM

I can thermal all my jives on a 30deg c day if i like even with naca ductsI'm not saying anything about what was posted or about the poster here but I am just really wondering about this.

In looking at their website here http://www.kontronik.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=13&lang=en they talk about how they approve the use of mode 8 of the HELI JIVE 120+HV together with VBar Version 5.2.4 and Kontronik Pyro 700 series, but to me I don't know if I would read that to say that means it is a violation of the warranty if it is used with anything else. Not that I know if that was where the statement had come from as it sounded like it might have been from a direct conversation too.

But all in all I just find it hard to believe that given who Kontroniks is, and what they know of how things work in this hobby, and how expensive their product is and what types of customers and applications their products are going to, that they would say that unless you use their motor, all warranties of the ESC are void.

I mean maybe I'm wrong but that just seems hard to believe they would expect that anyone would spend the kind of money on these things that they do, to then deal with no warranty unless they also buy and use only their motor on it.

So I'm just wondering if maybe something was misunderstood maybe, and was just wondering if we could get perhaps so other confirmations of if this is true or not as I for sure would really like to know if this is right.

And also would like to get clarified as to if this is just when used with V-Bar and/or in Mode 8.

Thanks

dl7uae
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh guys!

It says nothing more and nothing less than: "We have tested mode 8 w/ the VbarGov in conjunction with a PYRO 700 as motor."

It applies ONLY to mode 8.

And, believe me, they do not expect that everyone runs a PYRO for mode 8.

What have you all with the warranty? Do you really suspect that they will not warrant a damage if happened with a different motor than the PYRO in mode 8? Hey...;)

Tom

morrolucky
01-04-2012, 10:05 PM
...Do you really suspect that they will not warrant a damage if happened with a different motor than the PYRO in mode 8? Hey...;)
Tom

Maybe you're right Tom.
But there are other ESC, which works with all engines without reservations. For use with VBAR governer.

W/o use vbar Kontronik is great ESC!!!

Mystic3D
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe you're right Tom.
But there are other ESC, which works with all engines without reservations.

Kontronik Jives are as far as I know the only ESC that adjusts PMW on the fly to optimize performance. Others do Auto Timing. The benefit has been the Jives Govern very well with a wide throttle range(headspeed).

Now the VBar enters the picture which is the "master brain" and just needs a ESC to ensure smooth startup then just provide quick throttle performance. Its why a "dumb" ESC like a HW works well.

No other ESC is as Plug and Play as a Jive, but all this comes at a price, and compatibility is more crucial.

Just trying to put it in terms people get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swalko
01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
I am little worried that helijive mode8 will be only "middle step" and full, safe, bulletproof implementation will be in Cosmic ...
No, don't worry.;)
Tom

Then we may expect another mode8 update? I bought Helijive (V10) only for mode8, but with all that issues around i am not anymore interrested in VStabi governor. Onetime it may change and i will want to try mode8 with TT G-T5 (if it will get update with electric governor). I am asking because i dont want to spend money to get V11 (i dont mean that V11 is final solution) update and later to get another update (V12, ... ) ...

dl7uae
01-05-2012, 05:06 AM
i dont mean that V11 is final solution
Aha.. What's your basis for that?

I am asking because i dont want to spend money to get V11 (i dont mean that V11 is final solution) update and later to get another update (V12, ... ) ...
Agree. And that's the reason why I am still on Windows 1.0.;)

swalko
01-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Aha.. What's your basis for that?

1.) Kontronik proven Helijive mode8 only for Pyro 700 and VStabi 5.2.4. Where are other motors and other external governors?

2.) I seen Helijive V11 with Scorpion HKIII-4035 that failed 5 or 6 seconds after spoolup (right in time when Helijive give throttle control to VStabi).

Agree. And that's the reason why I am still on Windows 1.0.;)

No one will miss Windows ME or Vista ;) .

I still think that mode8 was added to Helijive at last minute. After some time we will see how Scorpion Commander perform in external governor mode.

Magneto
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Mode 8 works flawless with the right motor it dosent seem to tolerate scorpions ending in a serious commutation error . I have used an Xera 4035 and a Pyro with no issues.

swalko
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Hacker Turnado A50-12L:

Idle current 8,4V 1,2A
Resistance (Ri) 0,020 Ohm
RPM per Volt (kv) 470
Weight 455g
Diameter 52 mm
Lenght 61 mm
Poles 10
ESC 80A-120A Brushless
recommended Timing 15
Shaft 6 mm
Mounting M3 + M4, 25 +30 +35mm

It seems to be suitable for use with Helijive mode8 without any issues, yes?

Mystic3D
01-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Hacker Turnado A50-12L:

Idle current 8,4V 1,2A
Resistance (Ri) 0,020 Ohm
RPM per Volt (kv) 470
Weight 455g
Diameter 52 mm
Lenght 61 mm
Poles 10
ESC 80A-120A Brushless
recommended Timing 15
Shaft 6 mm
Mounting M3 + M4, 25 +30 +35mm

It seems to be suitable for use with Helijive mode8 without any issues, yes?

I think not. My flying buddy just tried it with mode 8 and did not work. Erratic running. Mode 4 worked fine.