PDA

View Full Version : Helijive

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

MrMel
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
MrMel, are your Logo 600's able to handle this without problem?

Without breaking a sweat. Day out, day in.
Ive phased out all my other helis and decided to stick with 2xL600, one L600SE, and a L400, simply put, they just work.

Justin Stuart
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
"They just work"

If only everything in life could be that way. :)

Maskman57
08-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks Mr. Mel for the clarifications.

JustinS
08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm finalizing an order for my 700E V2 gear, is the Helijive safe to use, running basically std 3GX 700E v2 & will use helijives bec, were the probs only with vbar gov?

dl7uae
08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi!

It should be. There is no reason why it could have stopped to be a good and safe BEC, especially because there're no mods on the hardware of the HeliJIVE's BEC compared to the other JIVEs, and also, as far as I know, no mods on the software concerning the BEC.

On the other hand we have these three issues reported here..

Forensics by Kontronik on jhheli's JIVE are ongoing, they anatomized it, but no final results until now.

Tom

gravydrive
08-04-2011, 01:41 AM
?... because there're no mods on the hardware of the HeliJIVE's BEC compared to the other JIVEs...

I thought they made hardware changes on the HeliJives, thus the reason original PowerJives cannot be upgraded to HeliJive firmware. Same with the PowerJive Black Edition, it has the hardware changes that allow it to be loaded with HeliJive firmware.

dl7uae
08-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Yes, okay, but "hardware" is more than the BEC included.

jtjohn1
08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi!

Forensics by Kontronik on jhheli's JIVE are ongoing, they anatomized it, but no final results until now.

Tom

Is there any update to this?? Not neccisarly what's wrong just either

1. There is a problem but we don't know what caused it and are working on it.

2. Man you guys are full of shibit there isn't anything wrong with the thing.

To date Kontronics customer service is very lacking.

MarkT
08-05-2011, 09:59 AM
...To date Kontronics customer service is very lacking.

That seems rather a harsh judgement.

They have had possession of a faulty unit for at most 3 days during which they have to determine exactly what went wrong (if anything) and also discover if this is a batch fault, a design issue, configuration problem etc. and formulate a response.

Rather early to be calling this 'lacking' I'd have thought.

sgrim80
08-05-2011, 10:12 AM

They have had possession of a faulty unit for at most 3 days during which they have to determine exactly what went wrong (if anything) and also discover if this is a batch fault, a design issue, configuration problem etc. and formulate a response.

I agree, castle let faulty units on the market for about a year before they decided to acknowledge there was a problem. At least Kontronik is looking into this mere weeks after the release of the Helijive.

dl7uae
08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Sorry, did not get an update. Just tried to catch someone there, no success.

Tom

prototype3a
08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Even now, CC has yet to admit that the other ESCs in their ICE HV lineup share the same design flaw. I believe it would be safe to assume that they do since the difference between the various ICE HV escs is merely the quantity of output FETs and the size of the board and housing.

jtjohn1
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Not neccisarly that Mark

I e-mailed them about in two weeks ago asking them what I should do.

Haven't heard a reply back from them about it.

Just an acknowledgment that they have gotten my e-mail and are working on the problem would be better.

Not saying they are a bad company (To date they have stood behind thier products) just saying customer service (As in communications) is lacking. Send motors off to them and then not hear anything back from them until a month and a half later a new/fixed motor shows up. That kind of thing

Justin Stuart
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
But Kontronik only has a few employees, right? I've seen the pictures on their website of their factory, and it seems quite small.

dl7uae
08-05-2011, 12:59 PM
John,

communication with customers (help desk) primarly is the job of one person at K (recently two, so let's say, one and a half), and this one took a holiday week.. Sometimes it seems to be difficult (and the job of that person also) to coordinate flow of information between the departments of the company - concerning an "issue".

You cannot imagine what's going on there, how many calls, how many emails to answer per day.. Therefore sometimes lack the time to obtain the necessary information internally.

The good news is, that "this person" will be back on Monday.:)

------

CC: IMO it is a design flaw, concerning all models of their ESCs: The PWM frequencies are too low, killing the low-ESR elcos sooner or later. And a dead capacitor inevitably causes the death of the output stages.

Tom

jtjohn1
08-05-2011, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=dl7uae;3140575]John,

communication with customers (help desk) primarly is the job of one person at K (recently two, so let's say, one and a half), and this one took a holiday week.. Sometimes it seems to be difficult (and the job of that person also) to coordinate flow of information between the departments of the company - concerning an "issue".

You cannot imagine what's going on there, how many calls, how many emails to answer per day.. Therefore sometimes lack the time to obtain the necessary information internally.

------

*Shrug* Like I said I think they are a good company. Just don't like the lack of communications (Regardless of the cause) 2 weeks and waiting for a reply makes you think you will never recive one.

taosgraveyard
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=dl7uae;3140575]John,

------

*Shrug* Like I said I think they are a good company. Just don't like the lack of communications (Regardless of the cause) 2 weeks and waiting for a reply makes you think you will never recive one.

Not enought staff to handle the call volume means one of three things

1 add more staff

2 reduce call volume

Or

3 ignore the call volume

I have written to the link on the kontroniks web site for product info more than once. I have never Received a response.

When I write to YGE, I always get a response. I have swiitched to YGE

having a good product is not enough. Customers need their email answered. A good company offers a good product and good support before and after the sale. any other approach ( good product,bad support, or bad product, good support ) loses customers, and gives the company a bad rep.

No excuse about it matters

MarkT
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I have written to the link on the kontroniks web site for product info more than once. I have never Received a response.

I can't explain why you have not had replies, I can only add that I have also emailed them on several occasions and I always get replies, the most recent of which was yesterday and received within 24 hours of asking.

I hope you are happy with YGE, except for the absence of a BEC, they look to be good products.

helicraze
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Even when they are there, kontronik communication sucks period!

For the price you pay not good enough.

Now helijive, i think perhaps this was 2 isolated issues.

Justin Stuart
08-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I've written a total of maybe 20 emails to Kontronik over the last 3 years, and only received 2 responses. It would be nice if they did a little bit more on the customer service side of things.

futurase
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
If they get a competitor that has their performance for same or lower price and they will. O' they will. Until then... eh maybe.

Norman Ross Jr.

taosgraveyard
08-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I can't explain why you have not had replies, I can only add that I have also emailed them on several occasions and I always get replies, the most recent of which was yesterday and received within 24 hours of asking.

I hope you are happy with YGE, except for the absence of a BEC, they look to be good products.

For various feasons, On my bigger helis I have RX and servos on a REactor 2x bus so its fine not to have a BEC in the ESC

sorry to have been so strident in my post about the lack of customer support by Kontronik

I come from a business background where customer service is taken seriously.

I stand by that post, and I wish I had not come off so harshly

Of all the the RC companies I have communicated with only this one company blown me off, so i think most companies in our hobby DO take support very seriously

Magneto
08-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I havent heard from Kontronic and I doubt I will, as for Helijives not one person has posted a single one working except for Mr Mel. If 700 were sold where are they?

WBFAir
08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey guys

Forgive my ignorance of the Jive products and this problem, but I am just new to ditching CC for my ESC's and am just starting to learn about the K products.

Also please forgive me for asking this in the V-Bar section as I am actually using the BeastX (he says as he ducts to miss the stone throwing) but as you guys and this thread seem to be the most knowledgeable about this ESC, I was hoping I could ask a few hopefully simple questions about it.

So for my 700e I have actually completely set up a separate control system via a 2S pack with a W/R regulator that is powering my Rx and the MB and then via the MB, all my servos.

By the best recommendation, I planning to connect the ESC control right to the Rx.

So would the problem this Helo version is having have any affect me?

Also, for anyone using a working one of these, how has anyone found the bail-out function to work?

This really for me is the only reason (that know of for now) that I would want to get this one over the regular Jive, as I definitely want to have a quick recover operation thing for that in case I ever need that via a auto.

Thanks for any help

MrMel
08-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Im pretty sure its only mode 8 that is affected, so running a jive in mode 4 should be ok.

Do note, with 2s power for the servos remove the red cable else the jive will burn as it has built in bec.