PDA

View Full Version : Helijive

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Mystic3D
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Do you own either products? You say neither company did extensive testing... Is this fact or are you just ASSuming... Both companies are taking the accessory steps to correct an issue. Your post is completely pointless buddy...

Actually he is one of three that tried HeliJive and VBar that resulted in fried servos.
Did you have a HeliJive running mode 8?
Better to read the thread before ASSuming.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LogoFreak
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Actually he is one of three that tried HeliJive and VBar that resulted in fried servos.
Did you have a HeliJive running mode 8?
Better to read the thread before ASSuming.

---

I looked up his profile and only helis on there are an align 500 and a couple of blades. No mention of kontronik product which is why I asked if he owns a kontronik product. I've been following the thread but hadn't checked in a couple of weeks and was in the process of re-reading it. The allegation of blaming either company for no extensive testing is still just an assumption on his part. I'm not attacking jtjohn1, I'm defending K and mikado. Don't take my post out of context.

LogoFreak
08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
*looks at Sig* why yes I do. My helijive burned out my servos which have since been replaced at my cost and the helijive sent back to Germany (again at my cost). If they had tested the escs by hooking them up and setting them up multiple times in multiple configurations then they would have discovered the issue. I doubt they did. Tbh o probably wouldn't have either. Plug it on it works to to testing it on flight.

Not knocking either company at this point though. Just stating imho.

I read HF on my iPhone and the app doesn't display sigs...

jtjohn1
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I read HF on my iPhone and the app doesn't display sigs...

I blame apple. Shows up fine on my Android:roll:

LogoFreak
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I blame tapatalk... :D

Mystic3D
08-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I am a Kontronik and Mikado Fan.
Bottom Line, K screwed up. Mikado did not release and ship a product.
Luckily only 3 people suffered as I have yet to have anyone respond besides Mr Mel using HeliJive with Mode 8. I returned my HeliJive as already had a working Jive 120.

I did not take anything out of context so you can turn that finger around 180 deg.

Kontronik has a very good track record and everyone screws up. The important thing is communication and resolution. Blaming the very people who buy and try the HeliJive is a bad move .

---

LogoFreak
08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I did not take anything out of context so you can turn that finger around 180 deg.
---

Waaahhh... Sniff, sniff... :(

Relax

LogoFreak
08-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Just to clarify.

Jtjohn1... I apologize for thinking you didn't own a kontronik and was here merely making pointless comments, as explained earlier I looked at your profile using tapatalk and you only have a Trex 500 and a couple of blades in there. Sigs don't show in tapatalk.

something-something-mystick... My original post wasn't direct at you. Neither I or jtjohn1 requested for you to get into it.

I did read all the posts within this thread, buy unfortunately with with over 170 post I didn't remember who posted what.

I myself have a koby 90lv and a jive 80hv and am reading this thread because I want to get a helijive.

Peace :)

Justin Stuart
08-10-2011, 02:28 PM
So there are zero people who have been successfully using the HeliJive with the V-bar governor, and there are 3 people who had the combination burn up their servos? I would think more HeliJives have been sold then that.

jmb2232
08-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, in my case, I bought one and got as far as securing the heat sink with arctic silver adhesive before I read about the unfortunate occurrences. Obviously I put any further additions to the ESC (like soldering on connectors) on hold ever since then. I'm thankful that at least something is happening toward a resolution. Also I want to express my regrets to those that lost equipment due to the failures. I am sure there are others like me who are just taking a "wait and see" stance on this and aren't saying anything.

Mike B.

jstarks
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Mine just went back to RH. Never even opened the box!

Rather than have to send a brand new ESC to Germany, I will wait til they get things sorted out and buy one at that time.

J.

MatsSweden
08-10-2011, 03:30 PM
This thread is indeed getting interesting...
beats the movie on my TV that's for sure, but then again for $560 the movie really should be great ;)

:popcorn

carry on..

jtjohn1
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
It would be nice for k or mikado or rh or whomever to step up to the plate and say there is a major problem don't use the helijive with the vbar gov. Make it official and let those who have them know what they should do with them.

If you weren't following this thread you wouldn't know.

WBFAir
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it seems like just about every manufacture that is going to this thing has almost gone on a full brain vacation for IRCHA.

Four great days for every who goes but for the rest of us looking for things like this to be handled, its four+ days we will just have to sit and wait till its over.

Guess its time to stock up on the :popcorn:popcorn

helicraze
08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Has anything official been said? I have not read anything from KT or readyheli themselves, sounds like a lot of speculation.

swalko
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Nothing official.

jhheli
08-10-2011, 09:22 PM
this is official http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=3153109&postcount=25

helicraze
08-10-2011, 09:24 PM
thats not official, something should be written from KT, chinese whispers does not work

Thunder Fighter
08-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Have installed your Heli Jive yet Michael?

//Dennis.

helicraze
08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Did not get one, Craig did. I am sure i saw 7 in stock at ark, but Craig said only 1.

I will wait for dust to settle and new vbar firmware (it can be simplified and better failsafe).

Wedding=broke

Thunder Fighter
08-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Cool, btw the failsafe/unplanned spool up seems to be ok with the Hawk and my setup The way I have it set the ESC does not arm when plugged in, so cannot spool up.

I have my normal curve as a straight line, bailout enabled and use Throttle cut to bring the ESC down to arming level. Only issue is I need to be careful when I want a soft start, I need to be in normal mode, low throttle, pull the trottle cut then switch out of TH. No issue when I am starting a flight as it is part of my standard operating procedue, but I need to think about it after landing an auto before spooling up again.

Sorry for the OT.

//Dennis.

helicraze
08-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Strange, my jive (without vbar gov) and sats arms without TX on when you plug lipo in.

Justin Stuart
08-11-2011, 04:24 AM
As far as Kontronik saying anything official, word is they asked the retailers to pull the HeliJive off the shelves until further notice. But there is nothing on their website. I agree it would be appropriate if they were to issue an official warning on their website (the same way Mikado did with the Spektrum satellite hi-res issue MrMel uncovered last year).

Thunder Fighter
08-11-2011, 04:42 AM
Strange, my jive (without vbar gov) and sats arms without TX on when you plug lipo in.

I have moved this conversation to another thread here (http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3154820#post3154820)to stop taking this one off topic.

//Dennis.

Magneto
08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Heres the scoop Kontronic has contacted me and they are taking care of me for my problems there a great company dont use mode 8 yet there will be an update but mode 4 is fine for now. Thats all i know right now im sure they will make an anoucement soon about the update .