PDA

View Full Version : MIP Thorp 0.9 mm Hex Driver, +1 -- Expensive and Worth It

Pages : 1 [2]

Tjomp
08-15-2011, 02:33 PM
My only complain about MIP is that they donīt make Phillips, flat and torx drivers. I wouldīve bought the whole suitcase of tools if they made them. I got the 0,9 1,3 1,5 and 2.0 drivers and nothing I have ever seen compares. Well worth every dime.

Dragnator
08-15-2011, 04:14 PM
My only complain about MIP is that they donīt make Phillips, flat and torx drivers. I wouldīve bought the whole suitcase of tools if they made them. I got the 0,9 1,3 1,5 and 2.0 drivers and nothing I have ever seen compares. Well worth every dime.

Might be something to suggest. Their website is www.miponline.com. Might toss them an email on it. Its a niche market but if they do torx, phillips, and standard as well as they do hex, I'll order up a bunch too.

TeeJayShelton
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
My Wiha drivers are no where near as good as my MIP's, They aren't bad but not on the same level as the MIP's

Kennyyoli
08-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I was so impressed with my .9 that I bought a 1.3 and a 1.5 and threw the majority of the rest of my hex drivers away. On a performance:cost ratio, they are the cheapest tool I own.

I did the same. They are truly the best hex drivers I have ever owned.

Ritlee
08-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey I just wanted to add I just ordered the 0.9mm MIP from readyheli.com for about $11 didn't look at the price for the 1.3mm

Nitroboy
08-23-2011, 02:58 AM
sorry didnt notice the last post..

ok, am bought..will go put an order for this 0.9mm MIP..

fingers crossed..hopefully i can get that damn screw out

Got my MIPs todays, i got the 0.9, 1.3 and 1.5 mm ones.

My stripped bolt came out on first try:peace

Inverse
08-23-2011, 03:00 AM
And you'll likely never ruin another.

WickedDragon
08-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Sucked it up and got the whole set after trashing a screw with the Wiha driver. Very worth while!!

TeeJayShelton
09-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I finally broke one of these the other day.. I need a new .9 and will def buy mip again

Lighty
09-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Just received mine! Worth every cent.

ahahn
09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
I finally broke one of these the other day.. I need a new .9 and will def buy mip again

I think I got the idea here on HeliFreak--- I slip a piece of fuel tubing (does anyone remember what that is?--sort of the same functionality on fuel as the insulator is on a wire :tongue !!) over the tip of the screwdriver.

So if the tool falls on the floor, the hardened (and brittle) tip won't break. The brittle nature is the deal we make with the devil to have those super sharp edges on the MIP, which I am almost convinced actually cut into the corners of those soft as butter Align Screw heads!

Harbormaster
09-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I didn't know the MIP tips were brittle, though I'm not surprised. I'll make a point not to drop that one.

I thought "fuel tubing" was the rubbery stuff that you put over the switch levers on your transmitter to make them longer and less slippery, though I have a dim memory of a balsa wood airplane in the 70s that might have used it for something else...

TeeJayShelton
09-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I didn't know the MIP tips were brittle, though I'm not surprised. I'll make a point not to drop that one.

I thought "fuel tubing" was the rubbery stuff that you put over the switch levers on your transmitter to make them longer and less slippery, though I have a dim memory of a balsa wood airplane in the 70s that might have used it for something else...

On an airplane it is very common to use to keep clevises from accidentally opening.

Like the idea on the tip protector though.