PDA

View Full Version : Chaos 600 CF build (first build ever)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

nightflyr
08-17-2011, 04:50 AM
(im sure my constant posting here is gonna get old lol) but how is http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11143__Turnigy_T600_Brushless_Outrunner_for_600_ Heli_880kv_.html ? im looking for price, and i dont know how to shop for motors to be honest. this one just says for 600 size lol.
Your first choice was a better motor

Cascade
08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
The HK T600 880 is a solid motor and takes a lot of thrashing - The Scorpions are obviously better but for $30 you can't go wrong. the 1100 has lasted a long time too.

Edit: Since I bought mine, the price almost doubled.

DTen
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
The misses is gonna kill me if i order more heli parts lol. Trying to spread it out check by check is hard! Lol.

My goal of starting to test n tune this by the time i take leave is slowly fading. I have about 2 weeks mid september in the books. Oh well, ima be buying massive amount once i crosstrain and get a fatty reenlistment bonus :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

DTen
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Look what i found (in the mailbox)

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe1ed1-fae9-86e0.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefe1ed1-fb07-da69.jpg

Oh and those are carne asada fries from robertos... aka bliss

nightflyr
08-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice find:thumbup:

gothicbunny
08-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I had attempted delivery on the last parts I need for my Chaos 600. They should be at the post office for pick up tomorrow morning.

DTen
08-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I had attempted delivery on the last parts I need for my Chaos 600. They should be at the post office for pick up tomorrow morning.

Lets see some pictures!! :)

Ya i got the esc for 100 bucks flat! WOO
But its 8s and everything ive been looking at is 6s? So confusing.

gothicbunny
08-19-2011, 08:59 PM
An 8S controller will still work for 6S power.

DTen
08-20-2011, 10:55 AM
... rc aerodyne has pissed me off... my canopy is too small, tail rotor stripped, and my gyro still hasnt been shipped and they r dodging my emails that ask about those things.

DTen
08-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Im so close i can taste it, need a blade balancer, connectors, batteries, chargers, power supply, reciever, and motor. I think thats about it... still waiting on rca for my flippin gyro!!

gothicbunny
08-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I still have to ship my gyro back. It worked well until it would no longer initialize which seems to be a common failure with them. You may want to opt for something else rather than wait.

DTen
08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I still have to ship my gyro back. It worked well until it would no longer initialize which seems to be a common failure with them. You may want to opt for something else rather than wait.

I shot them a couple emails... but we know how that has been going lol. I'm trying to decide what connectors i should get, i have a soldering iron and flux. What else do i need other than the connectors themselves?

gothicbunny
08-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Connectors for what? battery? motor? BEC?

tommy158
08-22-2011, 02:59 AM
D Ten..... where in vegas are you ?? i am in vegas also... i have i t rex 550 and was lookin at the choas helis... i like the 600 and the 700.. maybe next year.... where are you going to fly your heli ??? maybe we can meet and fly....... tom

DTen
08-22-2011, 08:57 AM
D Ten..... where in vegas are you ?? i am in vegas also... i have i t rex 550 and was lookin at the choas helis... i like the 600 and the 700.. maybe next year.... where are you going to fly your heli ??? maybe we can meet and fly....... tom

Im off of nellis and russel, theres a park right around the corner ive seen people fly at. Its gonna be a little bit before i get my 600 going, and other than this i only have a mcpx and msr. I have a long road ahead of me, but id definitely like to tag along with you if you wouldnt mind.

And i need connectors for the battery to the esc/bec (i got a cc phoenix ice 100) and from the esc to the motor.

tommy158
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
@ DTen......i am at charleston and alta .... i fly in front of my house and at angel park.... also sometimes at the school nearby.... Jacobson......would love to see your 600 in person one day... i may want to get one one day.....i am not the best pilot but i do ok. just learning myself... no 3 d for me.... i built several 450 size clones and my t rex 550e.... you can get conectors at a main hobbies .com if your haveing trouble finding any here local.....they are in calif.. so it gets here pretty quick and good prices....if your in the area give me a text or call... i fly on weekends... i am off sat. ,,,, sun. and mon. although its been too hot lately...... 702-580-1611 Tom

DTen
08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Anything wrong with buying an align motor since i dont plan on any extreme flying for a while? Saw one on the for-sale ads for like 40 bucks shipped.

tommy158
08-23-2011, 11:26 PM
thats a good deal if the motor is good !!! does the guy say its new or how long he used it for ??? if its new and you feel you can trust the seller go for it.... for 40 bucks shipped its a great deal... ask if it comes with pinion gear... 16 tooth is stock which is good enough for general flight....

DTen
08-25-2011, 12:53 AM
It sold, lol. More deals will surely come. I'll post a WTB ad for some parts soon.

Update from RCAerodyne: Not much... they needed pictures of my canopy for proof that it doesnt fit lol. It fit with no servos but it rubbed the gear. But it sounds like I will be getting my gyro finally, along with a new canopy and tail rotor.

However, the guy i'm dealing with isn't too good at responding to email. Its kinda frustrating.

gothicbunny
08-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Is it that your canopy doesn't fit or is it just warped? Mine was a little warped when I got it and would have rubbed on the main gear as well but with the heat from a hair dryer I just re-shaped it.

flyinghigh450
08-25-2011, 11:18 PM
However, the guy i'm dealing with isn't too good at responding to email. Its kinda frustrating.

If it's Cliff (the owner) ,he's not in the U.S ATM .If I remember right,he'll be back on the 27th so you might get a reply on the 28th .

DTen
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Got a response, told me to modify the frame but it doesnt look plausible, definitely a canopy too small for the frame. Not much info on the build. Replaced the tail rotor with a new part RCA sent me. Hit a financial rough spot so this bird is still grounded for another month.

DTen
09-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Car fun comes before heli fun this month. Not really fun but i gotta replace some parts on my car. Still waiting on my gyro from RCAerodyne. Also they said to drill new holes for the canopy pins, not gonna work and no. Response again. Ew.

lazor 22
09-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Just get a reamer and drill new holes, it's not hard.

gothicbunny
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM
They are a little slow responding to emails and trouble tickets. They are still waiting on stock for the gyro. Maybe call them up and ask if they can send you a couple of commonly damaged parts (shafts, gears, flybars) in lieu of the gyro? They sell the gyro on their site for $99, if they aren't willing to swap it for $50 worth of spare parts to satisfy a customer it should give you an idea of what the gyro is really worth.