PDA

View Full Version : Right aileron to back elevator mix and elevator oscilation at full collective

ThomStilwill
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I followed the setup sticky and had a much better experience flying today (also after a tape replacement). I have notice the my right rolls induce back elevator. All other directions are very linear with no mixing. I also notice the with I do a FF full collective climb out I get oscillations in the nose (small up and down) not the porpoising with the collective. I recheck radio and mechanicals and don't see anything at the swash that would cause this.

Also, my roll and flip rates are not really as fast as I expected with FBL without bogging the motor a lot.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Thom Stilwill

Raptor 90SE, YS91SR 3DS, 8.27, HS: 1850, Radix 710 Std Blades. AR7100r, ds8917x3, ds8900g

nwmtech
08-07-2011, 07:43 PM
You can't flip and roll fast if the motor can't keep up with the increased cyclic pitch that the beastx will offer. All your symptoms point to too low of a headspeed under load to me. Let that motor breath and run 1950 on the head.

ThomStilwill
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM
I trying to keep the motor in the powerband for now. Do you have any ideas about the mix?

nwmtech
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
What mounting tape are you using?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.756798,-122.449057

JustPlaneChris
08-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I trying to keep the motor in the powerband for now. Do you have any ideas about the mix?There are no mixes in the Microbeast that would cause what you describe. It sounds like the phasing in your head is slightly off. You can also see odd behavior that seems like a phasing issue with certain blades. Are you running flybarless-specific blades?

nwmtech
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Chris is right. It sounds like the phasing is off a tad in the head OR the MB isn't mounted straight in line with the tail boom and 90* to the main shaft. Too soft of a mounting pad (like the stock one) can cause some drifting during collective maneuvers as well. Run one or two layers of the 3M gray tape.

ThomStilwill
08-11-2011, 07:37 AM
I am using 2 layers of 3M gray tape (#411 at Home Depot). All the other axis directions seem great, it's just the right roll the induces some back elevator. I am using Radix 710 standard blades. I will double check the orientation of the Beastx unit as well as the phasing.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Thom