PDA

View Full Version : Catching a 450 size heli out of the air.

racin06
04-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm sure that Esky Belt CP could really put a hurtin an that guy. Oh well, Natural Selection at its best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxG5g3YbXY8

flyinfool
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
It is only a "toy heli" it can't hurt you. :roll:

Now How about some swamp land in the Mohave desert that I have for sale. :roll:

kidjetta
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I know, I know... very unsafe...

but I was kinda hoping to see him take off out of hands too :shock:

mguw
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi Guys..

I found a better one...

look around 4min00secs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f5Q6aud85M

cheers

Marcel

Razor_Racer
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
One of the guys at my flying field had to do this, a guy with his T450 did a touch and go but broke one of his skids! He didnt want to ruin his new CF blades so a guy had to catch the heli.

ghtracey
11-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Yep because possibly ruining someone's head is better than scraping those new CF blades.... :-/

disaster area
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM
new to this forum and have only had a helicopter for a few months but was reading this thread and thought i would share this picture with you just so you know what can happen when one of these does strike you, these injuries happened when i was testing for a vibration on my heli in my kitchen
they were my own fault and from this i have learned an impotant lesson never do anything with the tx aerial fully down i only had the throttle open very slightly but put the tx down on my kitchen table as i put it down it must have gone out of range and the heli went full throttle on my kitchen floor tried to stop it from hitting my kitchen cupboards and destroying itself by grabbing it by the tail boom unfortunately i grabbed it too far in and the main blades struck my fingers cutting three badly and fracturing the bones in the top of my thumb and middle finger

]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7559/hellifingersmallxl6.th.jpg

Oldboy
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
new to this forum and have only had a helicopter for a few months but was reading this thread and thought i would share this picture with you just so you know what can happen when one of these does strike you, these injuries happened when i was testing for a vibration on my heli in my kitchen
they were my own fault and from this i have learned an impotant lesson never do anything with the tx aerial fully down i only had the throttle open very slightly but put the tx down on my kitchen table as i put it down it must have gone out of range and the heli went full throttle on my kitchen floor tried to stop it from hitting my kitchen cupboards and destroying itself by grabbing it by the tail boom unfortunately i grabbed it too far in and the main blades struck my fingers cutting three badly and fracturing the bones in the top of my thumb and middle finger

]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7559/hellifingersmallxl6.th.jpg

Thanks for sharing, what heli was this?

disaster area
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
a walkera 36 with brushless motor
wish i had left the stock motor on now that could not knock the skin off a rice pudding
soon to be traded for a t rex 450 once i can hold tools again properly to put it together
the accident did not put me off my new hobby just made me more safety concious
fed up of bits falling off the walkera i am a bmw mechanic by trade and if i had a car this unreliable i would have scrapped it long ago

WillJames
11-07-2007, 03:57 AM
OUCH!! I hope this did not keep you out of work.

Thanks for sharing, it is good to get a reality check on even what a small Walkera can do to you.

brovic777
11-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Oh man, I got one on video of somebody catching a 450 size heli in thier hand. I can't post it cause I don't want to get the pilot in trouble!!!

iher
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
saw the vid.........I couldnīt stop laughing thinking about random gusts of wind , just a few inches higher.......and a new generation of oriental "castratos" is born!
LOL

disaster area:

sorry for your episode. I hope you are helling properly. Those are pretty useful fingers