PDA

View Full Version : Plug-n-play ability?

skunkworx
08-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I've been looking at getting a logger for a little while now. Can you pop and swap it from one heli to the next, or do you need to re-set it up for each model and reading values?

How exactly does it work? I see one port where it'll take the leads in and pass them on. Is it more of a pass-thru then? Where exactly do you hook it in at?

I also noticed on the V4 it has 100A and 150A versons. Is that the maximum reading they can do, or the maximum they can handle continuous/burst/etc...? Will it make more sense to just sit down and read the manual? I've never been around anyone who uses one besides in a CC ESC, so I'm not entirely sure how it's suposed to work. Thanks for any answers you can share. :thumbup:

TheBum
08-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry, I never did get my v3 sent out to you to try out. Are you still interested? I was trying to locate my PowerPanel to send with the logger, but it is playing hide-and-seek with me.

As for how it works between different models, the software allows you to set up profiles. I believe you have to plug it into the computer and change the active profile each time you want it to go onto another model.

ahahn
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I've been looking at getting a logger for a little while now. Can you pop and swap it from one heli to the next, or do you need to re-set it up for each model and reading values?

How exactly does it work? I see one port where it'll take the leads in and pass them on. Is it more of a pass-thru then? Where exactly do you hook it in at?

I also noticed on the V4 it has 100A and 150A versons. Is that the maximum reading they can do, or the maximum they can handle continuous/burst/etc...? Will it make more sense to just sit down and read the manual? I've never been around anyone who uses one besides in a CC ESC, so I'm not entirely sure how it's suposed to work. Thanks for any answers you can share. :thumbup:

I think the current limit is both, the max they can read, and the max current they can handle.

To be honest, since I installed my ICE50, I haven't really used the ET much.