PDA

View Full Version : Stratus Question - Binding

DKFlyer
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I almost have my Stratus ready to fly (thanks for the help on my other thread).

During radio set-up, I am getting binding on the elevator (rear) servo if I am at full pitch (11 degrees) and give full forward cyclic.

I have the metal bellcranks. The binding is the bellcrank hitting the upper/forward screw on the servo.

Also, I had to use pretty high Swash AFR's on my DX-7 (about 85 for pitch, elevator, and aileron) to get enough pitch and cyclic range.

Has anyone else noticed this binding?

Also, is there a way to get more throw at the head so I wouldn't need as much at the servo (then it wouldn't bind)? I already have the balls all the way out on the servo wheels.

Thanks,

DK

DavidH
04-13-2007, 09:38 AM
What servos you using and what wheels on them?

Not familar with how the DX7 does with the Swash AFR's. But I know with Futaba that 50-60% on the AFR for swash will give more than enough travel.

David

DKFlyer
04-13-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm using 9252's with the large futaba wheels.

I'm not to sure about the DX-7 either. With my T-rex 600, AFR's are about 50, so 85 seems kind of high to me. I was using about 55 on the Tempest with my 9Z.

Everything is set up at 90 degrees with the stick neutral.

DK

WayneBrown
04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
what is your cyclic pitch? I see you listed the collective..
on the arms mounted to the blade grips you can change ratio with different ball lengths, and you can chage ratio with longer balls on the swashplate (inner)

DKFlyer
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
what is your cyclic pitch? I see you listed the collective..

Cyclics were also very low, around 2 degrees with the AFR's set at 60. Got them up to about 6 degrees with AFR's of 85.

DK

Rada70
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
you might want to post a picture of the head and swash for others to be able to tell. to have 2 degrees @ 60% does not sound normal.