PDA

View Full Version : Walkera 60 tail servo problem

sleejo
04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
The tail servo on my Walkera 60 went south. I replaced it with a HiTech HS-50. Seems to be working fine without any main rotor power applied. When main rotor power is applied the servo moves all the way toward the tail and causes the heli to spin at takeoff. When it moves all the way there is no response at all. There is normal movement and response without any main rotor power and when the motor is unplugged the tail rotor is responsive. The HS-50 has all the same specs as the WK-7.6-H. Is the problem with using the HS-50 in place of the Walkera replacement or is there something else wrong.

Phyroinstinct
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Assumming that you pluged everything in the same way the walkera servo was. Try reversing your gyro. Its possible that the walkera servo and the HiTech servo have diffrent polaritys. If this were the case the gyro would think its moving left but in actuality its making the heli piroet out or control. Im assumming you have a headholding gyro on it. What type of gyro are ya running?

Phyro

sleejo
04-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Gyro is a G006. Everything is the same as it was with the old servo. I have tried adjusting the servo sensitivity using the servo adjustment and also tried using the dipswitch adjustment. The servo adjusts the pitch of the tail rotor when transmitter and heli are powered up and at rest (if I rotate the heli from side to side the servo makes small adjustments to the tail pitch) I have another Walkera servo on order but I'm stumped as to why the HiTech servo will not react as it should. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Phyroinstinct
04-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Dip switches on the controller or the gyro?

I do belieave the 60 has leading edge control. Try this to confirm some things. If you move the rudder input to the right the pitch slider should move in to the tail. Left will push the slidder out to the blades of the tail. If thats all go cheak that the gyro is in AVCS mode. Then on the gyro in the middle under the gyro sensetivity trimmer there should be a slidder. what is that slider on? This slider is the direction slider. Cheak those things first to make sure the servo is moving in the directon you need it to.

And just incase you dont have a manual for your gyro. http://perso.orange.fr/tsimonnet/Walkera/G006.pdf

On my HDX I started with a hs56 as my tail and a 240 gyro I then upgraded the tail servo to the 9650s and has a massive piroet. Turned out the "direction" on the gyro direction switch need to be flipped for the new servo to work correctly. Thats were ym line of thinking stands. But make sure the servo move the pitch slider in the right directs first.

Phyro

sleejo
04-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I understand what you are saying about the gyro and tail movement. The gyro is in the AVCS mode. The confusing part about all of this is that with nothing spinning on the computer the gyro, tail rotor and servo behave just as they should. When power is given to the motor and the rotors start spinning the slider on the tail shaft moves all the way in and will not move in any direction until power is cut to the main motor, then everthing goes back to normal. With power on to the heli (battery plugged in) moving the heli by hand causes the gyro, servo and tail to try to compensate for the movement. So it looks like everything is working like it should while the rotors are not spinning.

Phyroinstinct
04-16-2007, 05:56 AM
I dont know, :dontknow Out of thoughts. If your directions are moving correctly. And if you tried flipping the direction tab on the gyro to the opposite side its on now, not sure. All this is very odd. But then again Im not that familiar with Walkera products. Mabey someone with more info will chime in. Have ya tried the walkera forums? http://www.walkera.com/diywken/?la=en I know when I had my DF36, they worked wonders over there for me with info.

Keep us posted.

Phyro

Venzent
04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Had the same problem, there are 2 switches on the gyro, 1 for Normal/AVCS and 1 for Normal/Reverse, try switching that one.

sleejo
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I was messing with the wiring while the blades were spinning and noticed that moving the wires caused all the servos to start glitching. ESC is getting very warm. I finally had to walk away. Would a bad ESC cause any or all of the problems?

sleejo
04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Found the problem with the Dragonfly 60 tail servo. After several failed attemps at different servo's I found that the spacer and metal frame components were cutting the insulation on the servo wires and grounding the servo out. Dremel tool and a little grinding fixed the clearance problem. :DH The problem with the origional servo (the Walkera) was that one of the two wires from the servo motor to the circuit board had broken at the soldier joint. The replacment servo (The ordered Walkera) worked for about a half hour and failed for the same reason. Seems to be a recurring problem with the tail servos from Walkera. One of the condensers from the ESC fell off (replacement on the way). I still wonder if the ESC wasn't the cause of the problems with the servos. I could not get a JR or HiTec servo to operate correctly.

Twmaster
12-27-2008, 02:43 AM
I know this is an old post but the answer for others with the same issue is you have to reverse the rudder channel then setup the gyro again. Hitec servos rotate oposite of just about every other brand for the same input.