Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main shaft question

I ordered a Tarot shaft from Miracle mart. It was the new 450 pro shaft with the collar in the middle permanently fixed to the shaft
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=4815

But after i ordered and paid the next day they had sent an email saying that it was out of stock and replaced it with this
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=4816

Now i received the 2nd one. Will it be ok to use that shaft instead of the fixed collar type which i have been using?

What exactly is the difference between the 2 types?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is a v2 main shaft. You'll have to re set everything like swahsmixes and pitch and all... It'll all be wrong once you put this on... But apart from that, it'll work, I have used it..

Hope it helps.. I had a pro frame with a v2 head ... Belt version (exi) but anywaz... It'll work regardless... Just be sure to set everything up again!
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Rahulgaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulgaba View Post
This is a v2 main shaft. You'll have to re set everything like swahsmixes and pitch and all... It'll all be wrong once you put this on... But apart from that, it'll work, I have used it..

Hope it helps.. I had a pro frame with a v2 head ... Belt version (exi) but anywaz... It'll work regardless... Just be sure to set everything up again!
V2 main shaft? what's that? I just got my V2 Pro and the main shaft was defective. The holes at top and bottom weren't drilled through so I used a main shaft from an earlier model. They appear to be identical...

BTW the second link from the OP's post is the 450 Sport style main shaft.

S
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulgaba View Post

No, that shaft is NOT a v2 shaft, it is a shaft intended for the Pro. I ordered a couple of these from Hobbywing because I don't like the fixed collar, it is the same length as the standard Pro shaft with the fixed collar..
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
V2 main shaft? what's that? I just got my V2 Pro and the main shaft was defective.
Trex 450SE V2

Align used the collar and set screw before the Pro's flanged main shaft.

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks lankey... That's exactly what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

NO. these main shafts are NOT MEANT FOR PROS. but as I said they can be used so.. If you look closely, after putting the bronze shim and the head on it, the collar sits little under that tapered section they have.

You can use this main shaft very well, but remember it's not stock.
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Rahulgaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in