PDA

View Full Version : Canopy for the 600N

Gscott
04-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Has anyone tried to fit a Raptor, Sceadu, or other 50 sized plastic canopy on the 600? I like the looks of the 600 canopy but fiberglass does not survive a crash like the stock plastic Sceadu or Raptor canopies. The cheap spares are somewhat negated if I have to buy a $40 canopy evrytime I crash :D

ChiefWilson
04-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I know the raptor canopy will not fit on it.

king kong
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM
the nitro canopy is a different size than the electric, so it's hard to say what will fit on it till we get the production kits.

Frank

04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Had to cut stuff but it fits and looks nice. I wanted a canopy that was stronger than the fiberglass. It should fit the nitro since it has the same main gear diameter. It has lots more room for the thicker nitro body. Don't see why it shouldn't fit.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/tdsounds/CIMG1030.jpg

ChiefWilson
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Guest it won't fit the nitro. I tried fitting one on Marcus' the other day just to see if it would. The nitro is a bit longer in the front than the electric version.

tdsounds
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Looking at the e and nitro version. The anti-rotation bracket sits in the front for the nitro which is probably why the nitro 600 won't accept the raptor canopy. Too bad the raptor canopy don't fit. Many people are looking for a canopy that is stronger than the Align one. That $40 fiberglass canopy is flimsy and weak. My raptor canopies survived a couple of crashes before. I doubt the trex one will last after a crash.

Hey ChiefWilson you're an Align Rep. Tell them we need some strong plastic cheap canopies! :D

ChiefWilson
04-20-2007, 06:04 AM
I will pass it up through the ranks. I guess it all depends on how you crash. I have crashed my 600 several times and only a little scratch on my 600 canopy. On the other hand when I use to have raptors every time I crashed I had to replace the canopy. Both the plastic ones and the fiberglass ones. So, I guess it really matters on how you hit. The moral of the story is don't crash and we all know that is impossible unless you just buy it to look at it.

Gscott
04-20-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm just the opposite. I've had some really hard crashes with my nitros and have never destroyed a plastic canopy. On the other hand I've never seen a fiberglass canopy survive anything other than a really mild crash. Even if I destroyed the Raptor plastic canopy it is roughly 1/2 the price of a new fiberglass one.