PDA

View Full Version : Slop

bdtrauma
09-11-2011, 03:59 AM
I noticed a bit of movement 1-2mm when I picked up my 550 by the head. Is this amount of upward downward mvmnt normal?

rctazz
09-11-2011, 05:04 AM
If you are talking about movement of the shaft up and down 1-2 mm then no it's not normal. You use one (or more) of the shims supplied with the Heli or if you don't have them...
http://helidirect.com/align-main-shaft-spacer-h55008-trex-550e-p-19678.hdx

to take out the slop. The jesus bolt should slide easily through the gear set but the shaft should not move up and down. If you have movement it and can create unexpected responses in pitch.

One other thing to make sure is that your bearing blocks are installed correctly.

bdtrauma
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
thanks... there is a lot amount of movement.... i just measured 3 mm up/down... something isn't right. ... is there a picture that shows the bearing blocks correct position?

thanks

bdtrauma
09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
rc..... you were right on. I flipped the blocks over and now it is snug and no bobbling.

thanks again.

rctazz
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
rc..... you were right on. I flipped the blocks over and now it is snug and no bobbling.

thanks again.

No Problem, glad I could help. Always remember the lower bearing inserts from the bottom and the top bearing inserts from the top...at least for Align Helis.