PDA

View Full Version : Hirobo XRB Lama

EvoHeli
04-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I really would like something just to tool around with inside the house. Reflex is good, but it's still just staring at the computer screen, can only do that for so long.

My only concern is that I will get "bored" of the XRB since it's fixed pitch.

Then get a cp hornet you say. However, the ease and durability of the XRB is a selling point as well (and frankly like $300 cheaper if you bling out the hornet).

I guess I should get to my questions.

Those of you that have a XRB, do you still find yourself enjoying flying them, 1 month, 2 months, etc since you first got it? Or is the desire to fly it less and less because you're so used to your cp helis.

Now, I'm still a beginner, just hovering. Will the use of the XRB translate to my evo heli? The XRB has it's own controller, so the feel of my radio will be different...

Anyone have any videos of an XRB flying? Curious to how responsive it is.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

WillJames
04-10-2004, 03:39 AM
I still enjoy my XRB. It is WAY easier to maintain and actually fly than the Hornet (version 1) I have seen my friend struggle with. Cheap to operate as well. Just watch out for the cat. :D

Shannon Davis
04-10-2004, 09:42 PM
I have a lot of fun w/ my XRB. Sometimes it sits for weeks then I drag it out and fly the piss out of it for a few days. I wouldn't have learned backwards flight nearly as fast--still stuggleing w/ it--but the XRB got me over the hump.

I had a Hornet CP and it was a huge pain in the ass and a waste of time and money in general. It may have been me- but I think a lot of people have trouble w/ all of these micros. Just my opinion.

Shannon

Hacksaw
04-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Hi, I like my XRB it has made me more comfortable at nose in. With the teather cord circuits have to be small, but is still a good trainer. It is not a simulator, real and now kind of thig :) . It has some set up isues but nothing that can't be overcome. And of course no battery/charger hassels.

TXHELIJR
04-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I have the wireless Hirobo lama (http://www.4-rc-helicopter.com/index.php?sid=5146&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=5&id=65&artlang=en)too. It is very stable in fly - good helicopter to start. I have also the Lama 2 from esky (http://www.4-rc-helicopter.com/index.php?sid=5146&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=5&id=65&artlang=en)- less stable than the Hirobo one. As others, I enjoy the hirono lama

madcratebuilder
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I fly two packs a night with my XRB, in my livingroom. Has helped my "relax" when flying. I'm much more comfortable with my Hornets and T-Rex now. I'll fly my Hornets and T-Rex in my garage, but they need to be outdoors to really show off.

Copterklutz
05-13-2006, 05:06 AM
I've had my Hirobo XRB (Wireless) for about five months. I still fly it on rainy days to keep my turning skills up. I have two support poles in my family room that I fly around and do some nose in hovering.

It's not a direct comparison to my other heli's handling charateristics, but it's still flying....

It's a real nice indoor heli....