PDA

View Full Version : i crashed her pretty good!

derekschultz
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
was trying FFF out for the first time with a new brushless motor. when hovering it felt like it had more than enough power but once it was moving it was very different. i was only using 80% throttle at max and i just didn't have enough juice to pull up in time. she hit nose first and pretty hard. i'lll be using 100 % from now on no matter what it is i'm flying. oh yeah, the super landing gear doesn't really hold up too well to this kind of crash.

Buzzkill
04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Man that sux! Sorry about your crash. We have the technology, we'll build him stronger........(cue 6 million dollar man music). Does anyone remember that show?

Get it back together and in the air bro !!

txflyer
04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
wow that does suck. i bet when it hit the ground your heart stopped.

Gino CP
04-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Sorry about the crash. But kudos to the CF blades. Yes I remember the 6 million dollar man. Got me a doll. But the bionic eyes made things smaller.

DebianDog
04-26-2007, 06:14 AM
I have a buddy. HelicopterJohn, that does at least that to his CP one a week at least and 2-3 times a day is not uncommon. :lol:

bobby619
04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
If that happens to my blade I'll have no choice but to get a Trex SA. :D

carlo_the_wonder_frog
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Happened to me numerous times, I can feel your pain. Good thing a rebuild only takes an hour or so and 30-40 bucks to be back in business.

derekschultz
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
i have been flying my Rex but i'm waiting on parts since my last boom strike. its always nice to have something else to mess with in the mean time.

BIGRED468
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Are there any repair cd's or manuals for cx2's available.

txflyer
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
there should be in the book that came with it a exploded view of the bird. sowing every part and it goes togather, then how it goes on the heli. find the part that broke then see what all has to be done to replace it.

darticus
05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Are they crash proof blades? I have a CP Pro and trying to learn to hover. Any tips?

txflyer
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM
do a google search for radds school of flying. if you follow it to the word 95% chance your hovering by pack 10.. i followed it from day one. with in 4 days i could tail in hover , it wasnt a smooth hover. i would only hover for few seconds then set her down and then back up again. when he talks about a box on the ground its a imaginary box if you fly out side of it. set the heli down and put back in the middle.

rabidguineapig
05-18-2007, 09:47 PM
You can get big plastic crash resistant blades at most good hobby stores or online. You can get either rounded edges or square edges (square edges are easier to fly on, but you can't do as much with them cause they're heavier).

Mortificate
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
ahhh man that is so awesome. I have gotten to the point that everytime I crash now I just laugh. I think of it as the "CPP Fish Flop". These little buggers are for our entertainment so we may as well enjoy smashing them up too. LOL

txflyer
05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
man you guys really dont let off the throttle. once my heli is going down and there is no hope. wich start at about a foot off the ground. i cut power, but yes i to laugh when i crash. big deal most times you pick it up and fly again

Mortificate
05-19-2007, 01:47 AM
LOL, yeah most of my crashes result in no damage. Honestly I really haven't suffered much damage to my CPP throughout my learning to fly. Maybe 5 sets of woodies, 1 set of CF blades, two grips, and one spindle. LOL never even burned out a motor and I have at least 15hrs on my heli. gotten VERY lucky

txflyer
05-19-2007, 11:30 AM
i think honestly once you get the heli in the air at say 10ft up. every one should just dog it into the ground. get the first big crash over with.

lol it seems that with every crash, i get less nervous about crashing. used to be id be so paranoid about crashing, now i can focus on learning and getting smoother, cuz crashign doesnt bother me.

i say that now but once i get a crash from 30 ft up i wont be talking...lol