PDA

View Full Version : Dontcha just love the big brown truck.....

smaze17
10-06-2011, 09:49 PM
.....when it brings you things like this:

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=258464&stc=1&d=1317955514
Looking forward to using rotaryguy's incredible assembly thread.

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=258465&stc=1&d=1317955514
Gonna use the ICE 75 and Beastx for this one ;)

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=258466&stc=1&d=1317955514
Can't get over how sick the canopy looks!

badfrog
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
I do love the big brown truck... you sure he dropped that off at the right house?!!!
very nice!
keep us posted on the build. What radio are you using?

smaze17
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi! Going to use my trusty old DX7 with one satellite plugged into the Beastx.

Can't wait to get going!!

S

invertsick
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
The brown santa :)
Built mine last week, with stock esc ( will use the vbar gov)

U will love the 500, it flies much better than the old one

smaze17
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Sweet! I actually have never owned a 500 but had to get the new one. The size is absolutely perfect. Should fly beautifully with the Beastx. I bet she flies awesome with the V-Bar as well ;)

BTW, nice GT500 avatar invertsick!! Or GT40 maybe?

S

hndaluvr
10-07-2011, 06:11 AM
This new 500 is my first 500 also. Believe me when i say... you're gonna LOVE this thing!!

The canopy is beautiful for sure... but did it get squished / cracked at all? I can see that it's a little squared-off at the bottom near the cutout.
Mine... and a couple of my club-mates as well, all experienced warping and cracks down in this area on our kits. It's from the tight packing job that they did with these kits.
Align knows about it, and my LHS is sending me a free replacement.
Give it a look, and request yours too! :thumbup:

invertsick
10-07-2011, 07:48 AM
This new 500 is my first 500 also. Believe me when i say... you're gonna LOVE this thing!!

The canopy is beautiful for sure... but did it get squished / cracked at all? I can see that it's a little squared-off at the bottom near the cutout.
Mine... and a couple of my club-mates as well, all experienced warping and cracks down in this area on our kits. It's from the tight packing job that they did with these kits.
Align knows about it, and my LHS is sending me a free replacemen

Mine came cracked in that area too

smaze17
10-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes the canopy is a little warped but nothing a heat gun can't remedy ;)

S

smaze17
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Well already found an issue. You can see that on one of the frames there is the plastic insert where the top gyro plate slides into. On the other side there should also be an insert identical to the other one but it's not there. Not exactly sure how the Align's factory could have missed this. It's the right side frame when you are looking at the heli from the rear.

Again, can't believe this was missed but it was.

S

hndaluvr
10-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Whooops!!!:roll:

smaze17
10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Yea total whoops.

Tried to call Tim at assurance but of course he's at the HF funfly :rotf

Can't get a replacement right side frame set out till Monday.

Very weird that this happened but shiznit happens I guess ;)

S

davehour
10-07-2011, 05:37 PM

Align knows about it, and my LHS is sending me a free replacement.

Mine came cracked and deformed. I was disappointed but doesn't look that bad when installed. I was thinking on sending it to Align for an exchange but I probably won't.

David

grig
10-12-2011, 12:22 AM
what is the big deal with the inserts anyway?

magbarn
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
what is the big deal with the inserts anyway?

Since he didn't have one installed from the factory, he can't mount his beastx on the top tray as there won't be anything holding it on one side. There's a bottom tray that's usable, but he won't be able to see the indicators or easily make adjustments. In other words, I wouldn't start the main frame build until that defective part is replaced.

AussieBigMal
10-12-2011, 05:23 PM
In Aussie they come in in a big red truck.

Waiting, Waiting, Wating, is it here yet? :lol:

smaze17
10-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Since he didn't have one installed from the factory, he can't mount his beastx on the top tray as there won't be anything holding it on one side. There's a bottom tray that's usable, but he won't be able to see the indicators or easily make adjustments. In other words, I wouldn't start the main frame build until that defective part is replaced.

Just an update on the frame issue. Called Tim at Assurance and he stated that he would exchange the "defective" right side frame the same day I called so all I had to do was drive down there to the Align USA facility and do the swap.

Now all is well. The fact is I am planning to run the Beastx on the bottom frame but I didn't want an incomplete heli. I will still install the upper tray as it probably adds to the frame's rigidity and support.

S