PDA

View Full Version : Want to convert my RJX FBL head to 500 EFL Pro Head

byter182
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Wondering what the compatability is w/the 500 EFL Pro FBL head and the 500ESP head. I'm currently using the RJX FBL head on my 500ESP would like to convert it to the new EFL pro head. When it becomes available, would the new EFL pro head be a straight drop-in or would some modifications be needed?

Considering changing out the tail components also to the EFL pro. Everything from the slider to the grips. Would these parts be compatible also?

Thanks in advance,
Byter

byter182
10-09-2011, 01:07 AM
TTT

dunkonu23
10-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Sounds like a plan, but why? The RJX head is a better design. It clamps to the main shaft whereas the Align head does not. I mean, I see no reason why you couldn't. I'm going to stick with my RJX head, but I am going to change the pinon, main gear/hub, and tail drive gears just to see what it's like (in my ESP).

Scott

byter182
10-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Dunkonu,

Just for bling! My RJX head is working just fine but it's starting to look a little dull to me. But after giving it some more thought, looks like the purchase of a new EFL Pro head is gonna run about the same price as a TracX FBL head which IMO is a much better bling upgrade than the Align. So I may just go w/that unless I can find the EFL head at a well discounted price.

Ah Clem
10-17-2011, 08:33 PM
I was going to suggest that you upgrade from the RJX to the TracX, but it looks like you are way ahead of me!

dunkonu23
10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I just ordered a TracX Head for mine... I've seen them and the quality is top notch... of course, I'll have a similar head in a 7hv very soon. :)

Scott