PDA

View Full Version : Walkera genius or blade mpcx

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

emil_dimitrijevic
10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Im so excited:bacon I finally got this figured out. What are some extra parts and batteries I should order. Can anyone recommend a decent sim.?

My Genius CP and Devo 8 combo came with 2 batteries. So you need to buy at least one more :) ( I have six :) ) Because it is easier to charge them if you have 3 or 6. That means at the same time you charge all of them ;)

Sim, hmm, you should try Phonix or Reflex XTR. I have both of them installed on my computer, and cannot decide which one is better ;)

EC507
10-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Parts are always difficult LOL what ever we tell you to get Murphy law dictates that the part you don't have will go :face canopies take a battering usual crash kit a spare main gear, main shaft, motors, boom, servo etc

batteries you get two but its really not enough best of getting another two at the very least, nothing worse than waiting for batteries to charge, but don't fly batteries back to back let the motors cool between flights and don't charge hot batteries.

far as sims go there are some very good but very expensive ones like phoenix, there are free ones that really are not much help, clear view is the best of the medium priced ones. Best to get a few opinions and take it from there like you have with the model and Tx.

Hope this helps .......

Regards David
Think id be good going with a main gear, main shaft, boom, and a servo. Ill probably hold of on motors unless they burn out fast. Ill probably get a canopy too. Should I be worried about finding parts or does walkera do a goo job keeping them in stock?

flying-llama
10-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Well I m pretty sure im going to order the genius +devo devo 8. ... I plan on getting a sim and following rads school of flight. As long as im patient I should be able to figure it out.
Be careful of using rads school of flight on a heli with a 3 axis gyro like the genius or mcpx or other flybarless heli's.
As mentioned in the long rcgroups thread on the mcpx, rad school of flight (which I have used and was quite happy with) involves having a heli drag/hit its skids on the ground to keep it from going too fast/far. With a 3 axis gyro, this can lead to bad things because the Rx and gyros will try to move the swash servos more to move the heli (despite the skids hitting the ground) and end-up having the heli tilt over.

You can use rads on a simulator with a model of a non 3 axis gyro heli (that is what I did).

all-thumbs
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Now that was a load of :badair: you will find a fair few putting walkera RX's in 250, 450 and above, can you just refresh my memory which company was it producing Rx's that regularly browned out and were banned at many public events a few years back :tongue I don't seem to recall complaints of brownouts and loosing control on walkera Rx's.

Both models both Tx's are a good choice, the lad has been warned by me and others that he is taking on a difficult challenge, but it is his choice not ours, now it us up to us to give him the best advice, please leave your politics and bias out of it.

Regards David

Doc, since when did it become mandatory that one exhibit unbridled enthusiasm for a particular heli just because one is commenting on it in it's native forum? I sense that you are somewhat perturbed that I would dare to critisize the Genius. You said: the lad has been warned by me and others that he is taking on a difficult challenge. For the record, the only one to actually suggest that this heli might not be meant for a beginner (other than myself) was pmerritt. You said that there was no swapping of Rx between E-Flight and Walkera. Other than that, you have contributed nothing towards offering otherwise sensible advice to this fledgling heli-pilot.

Is it not reasonable to expect a differing opinion now and again. Is that not healthy? There have been relatively few posts in this new Genius CP forum. If that doesn't give someone an indication as to how (un)popular or well received this new heli really is, then nothing will.

The Genius is my fourth Walkera. I had high hopes for it, but it disappoints. I have many other helis that I use with my Spektrum transmitters. Even the Blade SR, which I have complained about bitterly, I would still recommend as a starter CP over the Genius (as long as one uses a programmable Tx like a DX6i).

The mCP X is a much better starter heli, especially with the new version 3 tail motor and tail fin (blow out virtually a non-issue).

My fleet includes (not that it gives me any credential, but it does help to prove that I am not biased in favour of any one particular heli): Novus CP (dead), Walkera 4G6 (dead), M120D01, Genius CP, Blade mSR, Blade mCP X, Blade SR, Blade 400, T-rex 250 SE, Protos 500, and T-rex 600 nitro flybarless.

The Genius sucks. But that's just the opinion of one lone dissenter who is is not stubbornly convinced that the Genius is the end all.

dgibbons
10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Im so excited:bacon I finally got this figured out. What are some extra parts and batteries I should order. Can anyone recommend a decent sim.?

Helisim is a free sim. It's not pretty, but it's realistic & there are some training modes. Not sure on the devo 8 , but I'm using my 2801 with it.

carl-b
10-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I would get a free sim mate, like Helisim at first as you just want to build muscle memory in your thumbs and learn orientation, the free sims will help you do that, then when you get better and want to try new stuff get a better sim if you want but for now I would save your money for spares mate, trust me if your just starting out your going to need them lol :roll:

Great fun though, sure you will love it but I would just get a free sim and see if you like using them (I don't like them but this may change when I start 3D or something).

My 2 pennies worth anyways, free sim to build muscle memory and help with orientation :peace

flying-llama
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
... There have been relatively few posts in this new Genius CP forum. If that doesn't give someone an indication as to how (un)popular or well received this new heli really is, then nothing will.
Few posts here. But lots of posts over in Rcgroups, which had quite a head-start to over here.
That is also true of some other helicopters, like the Nine Eagles Solo Pro.
Then with yet other helicopters, like the mCPx, there seems to be more activity over here.

EC507
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Doc, since when did it become mandatory that one exhibit unbridled enthusiasm for a particular heli just because one is commenting on it within a specific forum? You sound most arrogant and condescending in that last paragraph. You sound affronted that I would dare to critisize the Genius. Is it not reasonable to expect a differing opinion now and again. Is that not healthy? There have been relatively few posts in this new Genius CP forum. If that doesn't give someone an indication as to how (un)popular or well received this new heli really is, then nothing will.

The Genius is my fourth Walkera. I had high hopes for it, but it disappoints. I have many other helis that I use with my Spektrum transmitters. Even the Blade SR, which I have complained about bitterly, I would still recommend as a starter CP over the Genius (as long as one uses a programmable Tx like a DX6i).

The mCP X is a much better starter heli, especially with the new version 3 tail motor and tail fin (blow out virtually a non-issue).

My fleet includes (not that it gives me any credential, but it does help to prove that I am not biased in favour of any one particular heli): Novus CP (dead), Walkera 4G6 (dead), M120D01, Genius CP, Blade mSR, Blade mCP X, Blade SR, Blade 400, T-rex 250 SE, Protos 500, and T-rex 600 nitro flybarless.

The Genius sucks. But that's just the opinion of one lone dissenter who is is not stubbornly convinced that the Genius is the end all.
Could you please explain to mewhat is better about mcpx then the genius? I would like to hear more on your opinion and why the genius "sucks".

krobinson103
10-12-2011, 11:57 PM
But invest some money in simulator, and T rex 100 or Nine ealgles Solo pro v2 (both of them are 4 channel helicopters and good for learning orientation)

+1 to the sim and the nine eagles solo pro. I did that and I never get tired of flying that thing. You really can't break it and it will teach you basic hovering/orientations/simple pattern flying. It does badly in the wind but most micro helis don't do so well in the wind anyway. even if you do break it the cost of repair is a few dollars at most.

If you really want to skip the sim/4 channel step I would just decide on what you want to use in the future. Personally I bought a v400d02 as my first cp heli and that was a mistake. Its nice enough, but a 400 really is too big at first and when you crash (a lot...) the $$$ start to add up. I want to try the genius anyway, it can be flown with the 2801 as can the v400 so it makes it a Walkera 'all in one' solution.

All in all it doesn't matter as Walkera and Spektrum have perfectly good rxs that can be installed in whatever you choose to fly later. I like the walkera one a bit better as it also has a built in flybarlesss gyro option that you can use if you want to, making for a slightly less expensive FBL build.

ncostes
10-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Could you please explain to mewhat is better about mcpx then the genius? I would like to hear more on your opinion and why the genius "sucks".

Probably the biggest thing is parts support. You can pick up eflite parts at just about any local hobby shop. I've only had to replace ball links and the tail boom and I just made my own boom from CF rod.

I have some walkera 4g6 helis, my LHS carries and can get Helimax novus parts so I could get parts in a couple days for those, but since there is no Helimax Genius CP that means ordering parts from china or wow.

Nothing is more of a downer than being grounded by parts. The MCPX seems just as durable, I've crashed mine into asphalt, brick, etc. and it is fun to fly.

I have several 2801/2801pro TXs, the spektrum radios are compatible with way more stuff (e.g. all the blade helis) and on top of that, ironic as it may be, spektrum compatible/clones/knockoff RXs are way cheaper than walkera RXs.

So you can buy a spektrum clone 6 channel RX for $4 new. Can't do that w/walkera. Very ironic.

But the bottom line for any RC car/truck/heli is parts support.

all-thumbs
10-13-2011, 01:10 AM
First recognize, that what of much I post is hyperbole. Another Helifreak member in the 4G6 forum said that of me once. If I don't like something, I will not hesitate to criticize and pile it on for good effect. That's my nature.

I bought my first mCP X soon after they came out. I was still crashing a lot when trying out unfamiliar maneuvers, so I bought a second one for a backup. I have had to replace many parts on the mCP X, but that comes with the territory when you are still learning and crashing. I was perturbed by the tendency of the tail to blow out when I was learning to flip it and fly inverted. Eventually I still managed to do it and it was a great confidence booster, but the tail blowout if one wasn't extra precise was a frustration. Recently I got one of the latest tail boom replacements with the new tail fin and it was much more reliable. I can now fling the mCP X about with abandon and the tail rarely blows out.

I have a Novus CP (brushed) motor in my mCP X. Something I posted about (and pioneered) in the mCP X forum ages ago. The only other recent upgrade was a microheli swash.

The stock Genius seems to be a weakling by comparison to my mCP X (even in stock form). It will require much more precise (micromanaged) stick movements to keep it in line, especially when trying to flip it. My Genius shipped with two batteries. One of them seems to be a bit of a dud (very weak) and the other provides barely respectable performance. The motor bogs horribly. The tail response is imprecise, by comparison to all of the other helis I have. It is possible that this thing might behave better with a new DEVO transmitter, but I wouldn't bank on it. I have a 2801 PRO.

Yes, there is a brushless upgrade. This upgrade is an aftermarket upgrade offered by Wow Hobbies exclusively. The first brushless upgrade motor that I ordered for my M120D01 was grossly defective. The replacement that they sent me was better, but it's performance is not spectacular.

I have been messing around with this genius for quite a while now. I even experimented with a different (soldered) connector for the mCP X batteries which are 25C instead of 15C. No better. There are too many other quirks to list here. It always wants to tip over if you don't lift off smartly. It requires an experienced touch to keep it from flying away in 3-axis mode. That is an oversimplification which will likely have me accused of not being able to fly at all.

Parts. When you have bent your last feathering spindle, do you really want to wait weeks for a mail-order replacement? Or, would you rather just walk into your local hobby store for quick replacement for your mCP X? If you are still convinced that you want a Genius, then I will send you mine (slightly banged about) for shipping. You will have to get your own transmitter, because I still may require mine for the M120D01.

DocD
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by all-thumbs http://www.helifreak.com/easyaction/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=3317095#post3317095)
... There have been relatively few posts in this new Genius CP forum. If that doesn't give someone an indication as to how (un)popular or well received this new heli really is, then nothing will. Well thats all very interesting Mr All Thumbs so first and foremost you are saying the Genius is (un) popular which is proven by the lack of posting.

Now on RCG there are 3661 posts in the Genius main thread which was started on 26 august aprox 45 days that comes out @ 81 posts a day :clap

then lets look at the main MCP X thread on RCG which has 12866 posts :wow2: wow popular man, but hold on it was started on the 3 February which aprox 250 days @ 51 posts a day, Ho now does that mean the MCP is the (un)popular one proved by its lack of posting :rotf Of course it doe's not.

Now are you seriously trying to tell us that you are the only one who has picked up on the under power and other problems you keep claiming with all the data there now is :face

Now you accused me of not accepting you have your own opinion that is not true, as I said to you previously EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion (Free Speech) however when ever you voice your opinion or reviews on a public forum as your peers we are allowed to challenge them if we feel they are wrong or biased (Peer Review).

Pax my friend

Regards David

emil_dimitrijevic
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Well thats all very interesting Mr All Thumbs so first and foremost you are saying the Genius is (un) popular which is proven by the lack of posting.

Now on RCG there are 3661 posts in the Genius main thread which was started on 26 august aprox 45 days that comes out @ 81 posts a day :clap

then lets look at the main MCP X thread on RCG which has 12866 posts :wow2: wow popular man, but hold on it was started on the 3 February which aprox 250 days @ 51 posts a day, Ho now does that mean the MCP is the (un)popular one proved by its lack of posting :rotf Of course it doe's not.

Now are you seriously trying to tell us that you are the only one who has picked up on the under power and other problems you keep claiming with all the data there now is :face

Now you accused me of not accepting you have your own opinion that is not true, as I said to you previously EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion (Free Speech) however when ever you voice your opinion or reviews on a public forum as your peers we are allowed to challenge them if we feel they are wrong or biased (Peer Review).

Pax my friend

Regards David

+1000000000000000000 :)

stormfan69
10-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Mcpx!! Mcpx has taught me so much. I love them (I have 5) lol. I thought I would try the genius since it got alot of good reviews, now out of the box the elevator servo was stripped. Now I have to email wow, wait 48 hours for a reply, etc... They show no stock and if they dont pull one off of another heli I will have to order overseas. Conviniece wise mcpx is alot better for parts, have not flown the genius yet, so cant compare there, but when I first got my mcpx I was flipping it 2 minutes later, my genius who knows.

DocD
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I think you have been very unlucky Storm if you read through the threads on RCG you will see its an exception rather than the rule, However there does seem to be a shortage of spares, this heli has really taken off and its caught a few of the suppliers on the hop, we saw the same with the MCP X, if wow tested it and sent you it as a working model then they are obliged to make it work so you should pursue them to live up to their responsibility.

Terence at ChineseJade is also a very trustworthy supplier and may have stock of some items that wow has run out of but he also is having difficulty keeping up with demand.

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGeniusCP.htm

Now before All Thumbs get on the case :roll: under the circumstances this is to be expected to a degree when ever you get a new model that exceeds expectations then everybody tends to order a fair supply of spares with or after it, It is not an indication that this terrible terrible model is falling to bits :rc

Regards David

Ah Clem
10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
I have no dog in this fight...

I normally fly Spektrum. I have several Walkera RTF helicopters. I did have some radio problems with the older ones (bad receiver/ESC, which fried before takeoff, factory stripped servo, transmitter whose throttle collective mixing went bad).

The retailer made good on all of these issues.

I have two newer ones: A Hobby People "Mystery" (Walkera 59D) and a new 4F200LM.

I have had no radio problems with either.

The FBL unit on the 4F200LM is not quite like a V-Bar in terms of handling and stability (ok, it is nowhere near a V-Bar in these characteristics). On the other hand, the whole helicopter, with the transmitter, did not cost much more than a V-Bar. It performed about as expected (not great, but not bad). The transmitter that came with it was actually pretty nice (no-I will not be using it with a 700 sized machine), being sort of between a DX7 and an X9303 in programming characteristics. Nice for an RTF package, and nice if I start collecting Walkera's again. The factory programming was very good.

Like several others, I will be forced to modify the radio to swap the Idle Up and Throttle Hold switches to the sides of the transmitter that I am used to.

DocD
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I have no dog in this fight...

I normally fly Spektrum. I have several Walkera RTF helicopters. I did have some radio problems with the older ones (bad receiver/ESC, which fried before takeoff, factory stripped servo, transmitter whose throttle collective mixing went bad).

The retailer made good on all of these issues.

I have two newer ones: A Hobby People "Mystery" (Walkera 59D) and a new 4F200LM.

I have had no radio problems with either.

The FBL unit on the 4F200LM is not quite like a V-Bar in terms of handling and stability (ok, it is nowhere near a V-Bar in these characteristics). On the other hand, the whole helicopter, with the transmitter, did not cost much more than a V-Bar. It performed about as expected (not great, but not bad). The transmitter that came with it was actually pretty nice (no-I will not be using it with a 700 sized machine), being sort of between a DX7 and an X9303 in programming characteristics. Nice for an RTF package, and nice if I start collecting Walkera's again. The factory programming was very good.

Like several others, I will be forced to modify the radio to swap the Idle Up and Throttle Hold switches to the sides of the transmitter that I am used to.

One of the benefits of the new devo system is switches are software selectable so you can decide which you prefer to use for mode, throttle hold etc, nice balanced view well worth the contribution no matter what race your dog is in :clap

Regards David

stormfan69
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I think you have been very unlucky Storm if you read through the threads on RCG you will see its an exception rather than the rule, However there does seem to be a shortage of spares, this heli has really taken off and its caught a few of the suppliers on the hop, we saw the same with the MCP X, if wow tested it and sent you it as a working model then they are obliged to make it work so you should pursue them to live up to their responsibility.

Terence at ChineseJade is also a very trustworthy supplier and may have stock of some items that wow has run out of but he also is having difficulty keeping up with demand.

http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGeniusCP.htm

Now before All Thumbs get on the case :roll: under the circumstances this is to be expected to a degree when ever you get a new model that exceeds expectations then everybody tends to order a fair supply of spares with or after it, It is not an indication that this terrible terrible model is falling to bits :rc

Regards David
yea, I think was just happened to get unlucky with this one, as alot of reviews have been good. I am going to stick with her, as she a sexy model. I think it looks better than mcpx. Has a lower stance than mcpx

all-thumbs
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Regards David

No fear of that, David (for the time being). I think that I have said enough already, and I have probably overstayed my welcome. If I ever get this thing to fly well, then I may comment further.

I would be most interested to hear an update from Varc, who sent his Genius back to Wow Hobbies to be checked over and hopefully set up properly. Keep us posted, Varc.

Ah Clem
10-14-2011, 09:51 PM
"One of the benefits of the new devo system is switches are software selectable so you can decide which you prefer to use for mode, throttle hold etc, nice balanced view well worth the contribution no matter what race your dog is in"

I actually wanted the Devo, but my TX came with a 4F200FLM (which is what I wanted-the helicopter).

Good to know that the Devo is so programmable. I will be watching Bob's videos to learn more about them.

Amazing how Walkera is changing and improving-a very good thing!

vronny
10-14-2011, 11:00 PM
"One of the benefits of the new devo system is switches are software selectable so you can decide which you prefer to use for mode, throttle hold etc, nice balanced view well worth the contribution no matter what race your dog is in"

I actually wanted the Devo, but my TX came with a 4F200FLM (which is what I wanted-the helicopter).

Good to know that the Devo is so programmable. I will be watching Bob's videos to learn more about them.

Amazing how Walkera is changing and improving-a very good thing!Did you go to the helifreak fun fly it was awesome as all of there events are.

Ah Clem
10-15-2011, 01:37 AM
I did go to the Fun Fly and had a great time! It was awesome!

I flew my 7HV for the first time and got a few flights in on the 6HV.

We had two canopies dedicated to Compass and KBDD.

Tony Whiteside had a Walkera Genius, but I don't think he got the chance to fly it (he was helping people or flying all the time).

helimaniac88
10-15-2011, 01:17 PM
So heres my 2 cents! it's another long Heimaniac8 post!
I could just as well changed my screen name to I LOVE WALKERA and it would have been a joke, so people that are not familiar with my posting should know I normally am far more a walkera supporter and bash eflite, so any genius criticisms are legitimate.

I have a devo 6/ genius and MCPX dx6i. I have to say that the genius is NOT better than the mcpx at everything, and that they are not equivalent models, they have very different design emphasis.
The mcpx is larger, a bit easier to fly, and more durable
The genius is smaller, in sports car terms "handles" better, more precise
The mcpx is a tiny bit smoother in transitions for the beginner. What I mean is that when jerking on the collective to try a last second save, the softer handling of the mcpx makes it a bit less likely to loose control.
I have to say that first, as there were few spares available (as we should expect with any new popular heli model from any company) I have not flown it a lot. Second, I have several other projects in my heli room taking up a lot of my attention. I took the genius out of the box, I turned the 6 axis off, and flew period. I have done NOTHING else. I am sure that just as with my mcpx, it would be greatly imoroved with tweaking settings. having said this first, It is still a walkera and the mcpx is still an eflite.
What I mean by this is that the Genius is still less about being for beginers and more about being the best performing entrant into the super micro 3d bash into walls and still fly market. As with everything in life there is always tradeoffs for performance. With increased power to weight, smaller parts there is more breaking. This heli is super durable by any other cp standards but the MCPX! however I can say 100% the mcpx is more durable....this is fact, and is what it is.

I can also say that the Genius is more precise handling though, and also that it probably (I only sport fly and minor aerobatics, no 3d) is a better 3d platform. This is Walkera, they are about the enthusiast. The Genius is really a great little heli. Come winter I'm going to get a second, get my donations worth out of the info and advice from TomZ on RCG (he does all the write ups on walkera's, writes the manuals that should come with these things but dont, the regular RCG group donated a genius for this purpose, anyone buying one should check out his write ups)) and really get into this heli. I am sure that walkera will be up and running with spares and the latest mods will be very well documented in a few months.
For the time being I wanted to start building a really high power version of one of these typ helis. This is something I like to do only as a fun project and to mess around with. These heavily modded helis are rarely the most reliable ones and dont always fly the best.....but are fun as he%&! I have a lot of helis and in my favorite platforms, v120, m120, now this size/configuration, I like a super high power version. I always keep at least one in close to stock trim also for normal flight, so not recomended for someone who has only 1 or two helis. At any rate, at this point in time I went with a second MCPX for this particular project.
if someone is a new pilot, only buying one heli, and is between these two models, I have to say the mcpx takes 1st place. Thats not to say the Genius would be a mistake, only that the Mcpx is a slightly better choice for this person in my opinion.

Now if the person has some experience with real fp helis (no sr120 or cb180z 45 degree semi coaxial stuff, I mean either fbl fp or 90 degree stuff) or previouse cp experiance and wants a heli to improve there skill set, fly indoors, or just wants the best handling sub micro that takes a hit and keeps on ticking, the Genius is the better heli.

The reason why the reviews are so good on the Genius is the early adopters, Vronny, Myself, the RCG crew, Tom Z ect, are not new flyers. We are experienced enough to hit the limitations of the mcpx. We can actually fly to a level that the crisper handling and the better servo functioning, better power to weight ratio, better tail are really noticed. For us it is a better flying heli.
For the begining pilot the Genius is today, though still a great choice, still a step behind the mcpx. The eflites is easier to follow orientation (this is critical for new pilots, remember guys), is more durable (big clunky blade parts vs. minimalistic, precision, sculpted Walkera parts), and the MCPX is also plug and go. The mcpx has O rx controls and no adjustable linkages ect. Some of us experienced flyers dont like this about the mcpx, but try to remember back setting up your first few helis that needed real set up. I am only now getting good at setting walkera 3 axis rx's! the MCPX is king of aftermarket parts support, has great OEM parts support, and as much info online as anything there is, and this may be my only time ever I give the nod to eflite over Walker.....for the time being, and for new flyers only!

Of coarse this is Walkera, They are easily the most dominant, foward thinking, focussed company in the rc Micro heli world, so in 6 months there may be another model that is similar but focussed on specifically the areas that the MCPx still has a small edge. Walkera is not a company to sit on there laurels, we can bet that unlike eflite, they will not wait 2 or more years to improve on there biggest success!

vronny
10-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Somebody has alot time on there hands. That was a longgggggggg post hahaha. Hay can we get less talking & more flying.They dropped the price on mcpx RTF to $169 same as their BNF. I like my Genius CP BL & stock I don't fly in 6axis so just 3axis an for how I fly my Genius is better than my mcpx. But I like both I guess I'm crazy.With the price drop on mcpx I might buy another one. The fun fly was awesome. Did you look in events there might something coming to your area.

DocD
10-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Somebody has alot time on there hands. That was a longgggggggg post hahaha. Hay can we get less talking & more flying.They dropped the price on mcpx RTF to $169 same as their BNF. I like my Genius CP BL & stock I don't fly in 6axis so just 3axis an for how I fly my Genius is better than my mcpx. But I like both I guess I'm crazy.With the price drop on mcpx I might buy another one. The fun fly was awesome. Did you look in events there might something coming to your area.

I thought that was a short post from our friend Helimaniac when he was promising a long post I expected at least 3 pages :woohoo
Some very salient points there Helimaniac giving good reasons why you should consider each model, the fact than there are no adjustments on the pots (Rx) or tracking in many ways may be better for the novice, if you cannot adjust it you cannot adjust it wrong, however a little down the road when head parts start to wear and tracking really need adjusting what is the option on the MCP X ? a new head.

I am not criticizing my friend just showing there are two sides to the argument, E-Flight tend to believe in closed architecture like the apple mac where as walkera tend to believe in open architecture like the IBM both have their strong and weak points.

One point we are both it total agreement with, a round of applause for Tom Z :claphe is a great asset to the community and has given a invaluable service in helping people with both the MCP X and Genius.

Regards David