PDA

View Full Version : Walkera genius or blade mpcx

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

vronny
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
This sub-forum is just barely turning one month old. I predict you will so lots of growth here.

RickThis is smallest because everybody is on the rcgroups micro thread Genius cp there is almost 5,000 post in less than 2months see you there.

rdlohr
10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
This is smallest because everybody is on the rcgroups micro thread Genius cp there is almost 5,000 post in less than 2months see you there.

We have 2200 posts in one month here. Thats a similar posts per month rate and I would expect the first month to be slower. Thanks for the offer. Hang out where you want, but I'll be here. :thumbup:

:Stay

vronny
10-22-2011, 04:59 PM
We have 2200 posts in one month here. Thats a similar posts per month rate and I would expect the first month to be slower. Thanks for the offer. Hang out where you want, but I'll be here. :thumbup:

:StayI love HF too I was at the fun fly in San Diego really the last 2 HF events there.

rdlohr
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I love HF too I was at the fun fly in San Diego really the last HF events there.

SWEET! With Bob working to help out Walkera, I have to believe there will be a lot of good info posted over here.

Rick

poulsbobill
10-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I have the 4G6, and can fly confidently but no 3d.

The 4g6 is expensive to learn on.

I have the 2801 and dx6i tx.

Which one to learn 3d on? Mcpx or genius. Been reading all the threads...lots of good comparisons here.

Bill

vronny
10-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I have the 4G6, and can fly confidently but no 3d.

The 4g6 is expensive to learn on.

I have the 2801 and dx6i tx.

Which one to learn 3d on? Mcpx or genius. Been reading all the threads...lots of good comparisons here.

Bill

.Check out finless Bob review or comparison of the Genius & mcpx

all-thumbs
10-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I swapped the tail blade (the latest version 3 tail blade, not the original mCP X tail blade) off my mCP X with the stock Genius tail blade as per Finless' recommendation. It seems to be much more manageable and less prone to bogging when doing flips. Much more predictable now. It's still a fast little wasp, though.

Maybe I'll try the Genius tail blade on my mCP X, just for fun.

DocD
10-23-2011, 04:05 AM
I swapped the tail blade (the latest version 3 tail blade, not the original mCP X tail blade) off my mCP X with the stock Genius tail blade as per Finless' recommendation. It seems to be much more manageable and less prone to bogging when doing flips. Much more predictable now. It's still a fast little wasp, though.

Maybe I'll try the Genius tail blade on my mCP X, just for fun.

Interesting and just how does a different tail fin help bogging :roll: it tend's to help the tail kicking out which it was designed for on the MCP X and also improves tail hold in the Genius, bogging is more down to cyclic control and the power of the motor, size of tail fin should not make much difference.

Regards David

helicraze
10-23-2011, 05:50 AM
At the club there was 3 mcpx and my 2 genius, every mcpx would wobble in hover, the genius much better

FlyingFiz
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I finally got to do a proper comparison of my MCPX & Genius. Up until this weekend I only had my Genius bound to my 2603Tx, which was just a bind and fly & it was just OK.

But on the weekend I dusted off my Walkera 2801 Pro Tx and put in the suggested settings. I first flew it with 100DR and 0% Expo and it was WAY to twitchy, so I left the DR at 100% and dialled in 30% expo and it was GREAT.

It is faster that the MCPX and better to flip and go inverted with, I think it just flies more like a bigger heli than the MCPX. As for durability, I put it full bore into a three seater garden seat (that my wife had moved without my realising) and it just smashed into it, battery disconnected and went flying, canopy fractured all over the place, BUT nothing else was wrong with the heli & so on with a the spare canopy I bought and it was flying perfectly again!:thumbup:

all-thumbs
10-24-2011, 12:20 AM
At the club there was 3 mcpx and my 2 genius, every mcpx would wobble in hover, the genius much better

Oh, come on! That's a bit of a stretch. Perhaps the 3 blind mCP X guys had Parkinson's disease as well. I will admit that my mCP X has wobbled briefly on occasion, but after ensuring that main gear is tight to the frame it is not an issue. Even if those guys had mCP X wobble problems, they could still likely set their transmitters down to go have a smoke whilst their mCP X's continued to hover unattended. Meanwhile, the Genius guy is banging the sticks and swinging the transmitter back and forth like a demented Wii fanatic in order to keep it from flying hard into the nearest bench. I'm exaggerating! Relax guys.

Interesting and just how does a different tail fin help bogging :roll: it tend's to help the tail kicking out which it was designed for on the MCP X and also improves tail hold in the Genius, bogging is more down to cyclic control and the power of the motor, size of tail fin should not make much difference.

Regards David

Emoticons when used sparingly and judiciously, can be put to good effect. Here's a quote from another website regarding emoticon use: Much like using too many exclamation points, overuse of emoticons will make you come off as, a strongly-emotional fourteen-year-old girl writing on MySpace.

Doc, I was just trying to point out that the mCP X tail blade substitution seemed to be a big improvement. I am well aware that fine collective (not cyclic) management is crucial when flipping these birds. Too clumsy, and you're bogging and hitting dirt. Perhaps it is just because my collective skills are improving and I'm gradually getting used to this skittery little heli. It behaves a lot better with the new mCP X tail blade. My theory is that if the tail motor is not overtaxed (trying to keep the tail straight), then there is more juice available to the main motor. Therefore less bogging. If the tail motor is spinning like a cyclone when trying to keep the tail in line after a sloppy flip, then there will be less available power for the main motor (particularly with only a 15C battery and a tail rotor that is mismatched). Crap, the Eflite batteries are 25C!

DocD
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Emoticons when used sparingly and judiciously, can be put to good effect. Here's a quote from another website regarding emoticon use: Much like using too many exclamation points, overuse of emoticons will make you come off as, a strongly-emotional fourteen-year-old girl writing on MySpace.

Doc, I was just trying to point out that the mCP X tail blade substitution seemed to be a big improvement. I am well aware that fine collective (not cyclic) management is crucial when flipping these birds. Too clumsy, and you're bogging and hitting dirt. Perhaps it is just because my collective skills are improving and I'm gradually getting used to this skittery little heli. It behaves a lot better with the new mCP X tail blade. My theory is that if the tail motor is not overtaxed (trying to keep the tail straight), then there is more juice available to the main motor. Therefore less bogging. If the tail motor is spinning like a cyclone when trying to keep the tail in line after a sloppy flip, then there will be less available power for the main motor (particularly with only a 15C battery and a tail rotor that is mismatched). Crap, the Eflite batteries are 25C!

I like the emoticons :bacon LOL, yes a bit of a brain fart there I meant collective management :arggg: for inside flying the 15C batteries are fine as Bryon is finding out too much power is not a good thing in a small space, for outside flight I use a second genius setup for it and use the hyperion 240's, however when you use more powerful batteries there is always a trade off "The candle that burns twice as bright only lasts half as long" it is really advisable to go brushless if you are going to really throw these little things around and that goes just as much for the MCP X.

Regards David

all-thumbs
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Doc, I'm relieved that you took that jab about the emoticons in good spirits.:)

I was somewhat worried that you would be offended and that this might occur::Fan

Now if only I could make good with the three Parkinsonian mCP X fliers at helicraze's flying club and Wii owners everywhere. :Slap I find it very difficult sometimes to restrain myself from posting so much :bs.

Now that I've got the Genius working better, I may give the Eflite (mCP X) batteries a try again.

flying-llama
10-25-2011, 04:47 AM

:Stay
2200 posts in one month where? All of the Walkera sub-forums combined?
The Walkera genius sub-forum is almost 1 month old now and at the moment of this post has a total of 358 (well 359 as soon as I post this :) ) posts spread across 23 threads.
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

The main rcgroups Walkera genius thread (a single thread) is 60 days old and has over 4500 posts.

DocD
10-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Doc, I'm relieved that you took that jab about the emoticons in good spirits.:)

I was somewhat worried that you would be offended and that this might occur::Fan

LOL
True wit is nature to advantage dress'd;
What oft was thought, but ne'er so well express'd.

Now that we are on the subject of human nature I have told Helicraze thousands of millions of times he should not exaggerate, now you would not be prone to a little exaggeration yourself would you, for instance when you wrote this :thinking

If you already have a Walkera transmitter (2801), and are desperate for something new, then give it a try if you have money to waste. If you already have an mCP X, then forget it. If you are thinking that this should be your first Walkera, then shoot yourself.

Remember yesterdays BS is todays manure and you have left such fertile ground in your wake that I can see myself and others having bumper harvests for years to come :rotf

Regards David

aaronstomfoolery 2
10-27-2011, 07:03 AM
I have been following the genuis/mcpx threads here and on RCG too.
It seems that all things being equal it seems that many folks would prefer the genius. Stock for Stock- Better tail-better precision, no wobble, more durable, more power

HOWEVER,
what, if you already have a bunch of aircraft on your Dx7 , but no walkera tx... is it worth the 100$ extra to go to a genius? ( 170 BNF mcpx vs 260 RTF delivered genius) ~100$ is a lot of spares or upgrades..

So which is more bang for your buck
Brushless Mcpx/ with cnc swash/120/4g3 tail vs Stock Genius?

DocD
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
It seems that all things being equal it seems that many folks would prefer the genius. Stock for Stock- Better tail-better precision, no wobble, more durable, more power

HOWEVER,
what, if you already have a bunch of aircraft on your Dx7 , but no walkera tx... is it worth the 100$ extra to go to a genius? ( 170 BNF mcpx vs 260 RTF delivered genius) ~100$ is a lot of spares or upgrades..

A difficult question that, obviously E-Flite are trying to redress the situation giving away the stock Tx but they know if people already have the better spektrum Tx's they are likely to go with the MCP X, is the stock Tx really a deal breaker ?

Fact is to buy either package with good computerized Tx is going to be $260+ and who really would want to fly either of these models on stock Tx with no adjustments :thumbdown:

So in the end it comes down to BNF $170 which ever way you jump :cheers

Regards David

john aeras
10-27-2011, 09:28 AM

HOWEVER,

I tend to view things from a different perspective. Walkera is a pioneer in micros, sub-micros. They, in the recent years have carved new directions in heli technology and continue to do so, gathering more and more momentum.
They are also quicker to respond and to improve on their mechanics and electronics.
Basically, what I'm trying to say, there will be more exciting products and inovations coming down the Walkera pipeline.
What you have to ask yourself is, are you interested in this product line? If so I would recommend getting yourself one of their latest premium TX's (like the Devo 8) and the Genius.
If not, save your money for parts, for the helis you're using and get the mcpx.
Personally, I like both Walkera RTF and Spectrum with kits/Align, etc.
This hobby is forever changing and unfortunately, if we want to have the latest and the greatest, we have to upgrade! (look where heli technology was just 3 years ago!)

vronny
10-27-2011, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=aaronstomfoolery 2;3353008]I have been following the genuis/mcpx threads here and on RCG too.

HOWEVER,

Brushless Mcpx/ with cnc swash/120/4g3 tail vs Stock Genius?[/QUOTE. Its easier to go BL with Genius an cheaper.

DocD
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I tend to view things from a different perspective. Walkera is a pioneer in micros, sub-micros. They, in the recent years have carved new directions in heli technology and continue to do so, gathering more and more momentum.
They are also quicker to respond and to improve on their mechanics and electronics.
Basically, what I'm trying to say, there will be more exciting products and inovations coming down the Walkera pipeline.
What you have to ask yourself is, are you interested in this product line? If so I would recommend getting yourself one of their latest premium TX's (like the Devo 8) and the Genius.
If not, save your money for parts, for the helis you're using and get the mcpx.
Personally, I like both Walkera RTF and Spectrum with kits/Align, etc.
This hobby is forever changing and unfortunately, if we want to have the latest and the greatest, we have to upgrade! (look where heli technology was just 3 years ago!)

Yes I think you hit the nail on the head John, and in many ways the battle line between walkera and Horizon is in the computerized Tx's, once you buy a particular manufactures computerized Tx then you are likely to go back to that manufacturer for future models and both companies know this, so nowadays you can get these Tx's at bargain prices compared to only a few years ago. Cost of models is forever rising and Tx's falling, before long it will be like the printer industry :quotes where you get the printer for peanuts but then pay a arm and a leg for ink cartridges.

Best way forward is one of each and have a foot in both camps because both companies are producing some superb models :peace

Regards David

aaronstomfoolery 2
10-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for suggestions.

I already have a futaba 9Z with spek module, so my radio can do way more than I can.

My whole fleet is spektrum and I fly eflite micros. I still have the 4g3 (though rx bad)

Well decisions, decisions. I just received my brand new MCPX BNF yesterday evening.

I have not even taken it out of the box...still in a quandry-

Varc
10-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Can MCPX blades fit Genius? I will try fit them and let you know.

pmerritt
10-29-2011, 05:30 PM
i don't know about the regular mcpx blades but i'm flying the kbdd ones and they work great.

vronny
10-29-2011, 08:28 PM
i don't know about the regular mcpx blades but i'm flying the kbdd ones and they work great.I have try the mcpx blades, v100d03 blades & KDBB blades an waiting on the new KDBB tail blades to come out. They kinda look like larger solo pro tail blade but I love the colors they come in.

pmerritt
10-30-2011, 09:43 AM
ooh, some orange tail blades to match the main blades would make me almost want to bench this little thing just for looks alone...lol. But the thing i REALLY want right now is the new canopy. I refuse to flip my Genius anymore till i get a couple of those. I'm tired of breaking the canopy and you really need the canopy to see this little thing as well as protect the rcvr.