PDA

View Full Version : Walkera genius or blade mpcx

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

f.a.r.m.e.r
12-01-2011, 02:49 AM
For a total beginner trying to learn invert, flip and roll which is easier to learn on the stock Mcpx or stock Genius? Not comparing durablity here. I know it depends on pilot.

Imo the genius out the box with some expo added is great for learning, but if you have a decent compatable computer radio to use with a mcpx is great to its a little more stable inverted if you can keep from blowing out the tail.

Either way you go I dont think you would be dissapointed with either heli, best of luck to ya :thumbup:

Happy flying

Dave

torch8
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Imo the genius out the box with some expo added is great for learning, but if you have a decent compatable computer radio to use with a mcpx is great to its a little more stable inverted if you can keep from blowing out the tail.

Either way you go I dont think you would be dissapointed with either heli, best of luck to ya :thumbup:

Happy flying

Dave

I am holding out to see if the revised mcpx v2 will be sligthly better and comparing that back to brush Genius. I don't need to go BL yet, just want to use small heli to learn how to invert, flip and roll. Which one do you think its easier to learn no? I have both dx6i and wk-2801 pro and know how to adjust heli/radio settings.

torch8
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Does the Brush Genius flies similar to 450 cp? I want to be able to translate my flight skills and learning over to bigger helis. My mcpx seems to be too easy to fly and I'm afraid that I can't translate my skills over to bigger heli? I do more with my smaller mpcx than I can with my bigger helis.

My goal is to learn to do basic flight patterns and some sport flying not hard-core 3d stuff.

Nose-in, nose-in landing, inverts, flips, rolls , full circle , piro circle turning left / right.

Or do you think I should go with v120d02s? I have M120d01, but it always in repair mode.

f.a.r.m.e.r
12-03-2011, 02:14 PM
My 450, 550 and 600 is easier to fly then my genius or mcpx :D

The mcpx and gcp are small easy to lose orientation, niether are easy to 3D, its a missconception. Its the fact that they give you more confidence to try new things do to their durability! :thumbup:

To be honest I really hate this thread :D

Best of luck with what ever heli you get they are blast to fly.

Dave

rdlohr
12-03-2011, 03:11 PM
My 450, 550 and 600 is easier to fly then my genius or mcpx :D

The mcpx and gcp are small easy to lose orientation, niether are easy to 3D, its a missconception. Its the fact that they give you more confidence to try new things do to their durability. :thumbup:

To be honest I really hate this thread :D

Best of luck with what ever heli you get they are blast to fly.

Dave

Exactly. Cheap and safe to learn on. If you can do it on one of these, you can do it on any bigger heli.
Rick

f.a.r.m.e.r
12-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Exactly. Cheap and safe to learn on. If you can do it on one of these, you can do it on any bigger heli.
Rick

Very true, a crash wont break the bank. They are cheap to keep up and fly. And extremely fun.

Dave

zvok
12-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys for all the interesting points you have all made.

Can anyone direct me with a link to Finless Videos?

Cheers

Macias
12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Here You go,
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=347970

PHeMoX
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Walkera would be far more competitive with the MCPx if they had a BNF spektrum version of the Genius.

Lol! Obviously that won't ever happen. They are enjoying the same BNF benefit of what is basically forcing customers into buying their radios in the very same way as Spektrum / HH are.

Would be funky to see them ever cooperate on that level though, as they are direct competitors and I feel they are fine with the fact that customers can simply :quotes buy both :quotes. :D

I'm still hoping for 2,4Ghz to somehow evolve into a true standard so it doesn't matter anymore which brand of radio you use to fly which receiver, a bit like the old days with FM radios. But I fear its simply not going to happen.