PDA

View Full Version : Whiplash Electric FBL build Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

3Dmuse
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
:arggg::arggg::arggg: MA Whiplash, SAB Goblin, AleeS Rush 750, Compass 7HV, CYE Rave Ballistic, Minicopter Diabolo or TT G4 E720 ???:arggg::arggg::arggg:

drdispatch
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm unsure of SAB Heli Division right now. I think it looks great and I like the idea of the enclosed boom. I wonder about support, though.

I would be more comfortable getting the Whiplash knowing how MA is on service and support.

Don't get me wrong - I seriously doubt SAB would release the Goblin and end up not standing behind it - stranger things HAVE happened though.

edsel.labao
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks.. makes sense
I was going to buy some 5000+ packs for the 'Lash but now i think ill run 4000-4500 which are lighter... :thumbup:

What headspeed are you going to spin? If 2200 or more, 4000 packs will not make 4 mins. This is true for the trex700 and whiplash in 3d flight

kouasupra
10-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Can you take a side by side pictures of the trex 700E and the whiplash? Thanks!

edsel.labao
10-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Can you take a side by side pictures of the trex 700E and the whiplash? Thanks!

There is one on the firs post on this thread. The 700e is gone! Sold last weekend!

kouasupra
10-19-2011, 02:03 AM
There is one on the firs post on this thread. The 700e is gone! Sold last weekend!

This is also the one I want to replace my trex 700e with. How are they different in comparison to flight and power?

edsel.labao
10-19-2011, 10:49 AM
This is also the one I want to replace my trex 700e with. How are they different in comparison to flight and power?

The Whiplash is HUGE in flight! that canopy really stands out. For some reason I tend to fly it bigger also even though it is running the same blades and headspeed as my trex 700.

Here is my comparison between the 2. Both flew with the same electronics and power system. 2200 headspeed.

Weight= about the same. Whiplash is a little floatier at the same headspeed.

Tracking in big moves= whiplash tracks extremely well. the Trex does too, but a small edge on the Whiplash

rolls and flips= this is where there is a huge difference. The Whiplash rolls and flips every easily and on axis of the heli. It does it with great ease. I think it is because all the weight is close to the mainshaft.

tail = I ran 115 blades on the trex, it worked well. It was blowing out with 105s. On the whiplash, no blowouts on 105s so far. Tail piros much more effortlessly,

I am still dialing in the vbar. I should be set this weekend. so far, I am glad I switched, the switch is my choice, at heliwholesaler, we can fly Align or MA, its totally up to us. The trex 700 was a great heli, but it has been out a year and the Whiplash definitely brought some improvements to the game.

kouasupra
10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
The Whiplash is HUGE in flight! that canopy really stands out. For some reason I tend to fly it bigger also even though it is running the same blades and headspeed as my trex 700.

Here is my comparison between the 2. Both flew with the same electronics and power system. 2200 headspeed.

Weight= about the same. Whiplash is a little floatier at the same headspeed.

Tracking in big moves= whiplash tracks extremely well. the Trex does too, but a small edge on the Whiplash

rolls and flips= this is where there is a huge difference. The Whiplash rolls and flips every easily and on axis of the heli. It does it with great ease. I think it is because all the weight is close to the mainshaft.

tail = I ran 115 blades on the trex, it worked well. It was blowing out with 105s. On the whiplash, no blowouts on 105s so far. Tail piros much more effortlessly,

I am still dialing in the vbar. I should be set this weekend. so far, I am glad I switched, the switch is my choice, at heliwholesaler, we can fly Align or MA, its totally up to us. The trex 700 was a great heli, but it has been out a year and the Whiplash definitely brought some improvements to the game.

How are the price comparison? I just don't understand how your not blowing out the 105s on the MA (maybe different gearing on the MA). I'm assuming your running 710?

edsel.labao
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
How are the price comparison? I just don't understand how your not blowing out the 105s on the MA (maybe different gearing on the MA). I'm assuming your running 710?

Price of the Whiplash is $899.99. I can't comment on how much an airframe only T700 but the full kit with all electronics is $1599 ( I would subtract the align electronics) In my case, I have plenty of electronics and the airframe only option is perfect for my needs.

I am running the same 690 blades on the T700 and the Whiplash. I never ran 710 on the trex with 115 tails because I was not comfortable with the blade distance. On the whiplash, that is not a bigd eal if you choose to run bigger tail blades. Right now, I have not blown out the tail with 105s. The longer boom probably adds more leverage. I am not sure what the tail gear ratio is, got to research.

kcordell
10-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Tail ratio on the Electric Whiplash FBL is 4.59:1

TomC
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Price of the Whiplash is $899.99. I can't comment on how much an airframe only T700 but the full kit with all electronics is $1599 ( I would subtract the align electronics) In my case, I have plenty of electronics and the airframe only option is perfect for my needs.

You can source a fully equipped (less flight batteries) 700e flb or f3c V2 kit for maybe ~$200 less (~$1.400) if you shop around a bit.

By the time you fully equip a Whiplash E-fbl for hard 3D, with modern gear (not old stuff you've got laying around) you are probably looking at ~$3,000 total cost. Also, although we have not seen any spare prices yet, they are likely to be at least ~+25-50% higher.

Not saying that you don't end up with a much better kit, just don't underestimate the total cost of all this imho.

Cheers,
TomC

edsel.labao
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
You can source a fully equipped (less flight batteries) 700e flb or f3c V2 kit for maybe ~$200 less (~$1.400) if you shop around a bit.

By the time you fully equip a Whiplash E-fbl for hard 3D, with modern gear (not old stuff you've got laying around) you are probably looking at ~$3,000 total cost. Also, although we have not seen any spare prices yet, they are likely to be at least ~+25-50% higher.

Not saying that you don't end up with a much better kit, just don't underestimate the total cost of all this imho.

Cheers,
TomC

I was trying to do an apples to apples comparison. Msrp vs msrp. If you build a whiplash with the same electronics as the kit 700e, the price should not be that far off.*

There are 2 simple ways to do a cost comparison IMHO.
Everything should be msrp, since "deals" vary from dealer to dealer.

Airframe whiplash vs align kit minus all electronics using msrp
Or*
Build whiplash using all align electronics msrp.

I know most people will used top equipment on their whiplash that can bring it to 3k. But that is another story.

wolfdown
10-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Ya, I think people make too much of the frame costs. The frame is going to be 1/3 to 1/4 of the total price, so $200 more out of 2k is only 10% difference.

Only thing that will get you is spares, especially if you crash a lot. And if you have align parts at a local shop, that is also a big plus.

kouasupra
10-21-2011, 05:57 AM

I am running the same 690 blades on the T700 and the Whiplash. I never ran 710 on the trex with 115 tails because I was not comfortable with the blade distance. On the whiplash, that is not a bigd eal if you choose to run bigger tail blades. Right now, I have not blown out the tail with 105s. The longer boom probably adds more leverage. I am not sure what the tail gear ratio is, got to research.

Thank you.